News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

KCv2 Shut Down, the future of the server

Started by Kaise123, May 20, 2014, 07:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaise123

For those of you who haven't seen the Email I sent out, and for everyone who was interested enough to come and get some more detailed information, Here's the place.

The server will be closed from the 4th of June 2014.

QuoteHey everyone,

As some of you may have heard going around, I've made the decision to shut down KCv2. While I know that to many of the still active members this is a sad announcement, I think it's the best decision that can be made. As there are few players active on the server these days, the drive to keep things maintained and the donations has decreased to the point where continuing the server is no longer enjoyable or sustainable.

The server will close down on the 4th of June, 2014.

Some further information will be provided on the forums, if any of you are interested enough to go and look at it. There will, in coming weeks, be downloads available for the server itself along with all the worlds.

Lastly, I'd just like to say thanks to everyone who was part of the community throughout the life of the server. Without the people I know/knew IRL who helped build things at the servers beginning, the other staff from the server, and of course all the players who kept the place alive and donated to the server, it would never have come this far. So thankyou for being a part of the server.

Regards,
Kai Waugh - Kaise123 - KCv2 Founder
KCv2 Staff

Some detail:

Basically, With the server as it is, there isn't a lot of traffic. That means fewer staff, fewer donations, and less drive to keep the server running. I think a lot of this is because Minecraft as a whole is no longer as popular as it once was, but I also accept that some of the reasoning is KCv2 specific, mainly that the style of the server and the way it's run may not be appealing to a lot of the current audience.

After running a server for around 4 years on and off, I don't have a lot of drive to work with it anymore. To keep a server popular, there are a lot of people to please and limits on knowledge, time, and sometimes money that make it hard to do everything that people want. With few people who know how to properly maintain a relatively complex server like KCv2, I feel that there is no real benefit in continuing it.

Donations:

Anybody who donated within the 3 months up until the 4th of June will have the money refunded via PayPal. The remaining donations will be divvied out based on what the community wants. It's likely that they will be donated to kickstart a new server, if a suitable one can be found (I am aware that several staff members may be starting their own server).

If you have any issues with your donation or refund, Just let me know.

KCv2 Files, Misc

As has been done in the past, The files for KCv2 will be available for download here on the forums. The server will be available on it's own, and each individual world will also be available separately. Some select files will be removed from this download for security reasons (Players account information from AuthMe, Chat/command logs, stored passwords). Correct restoration of all files will require a MySQL server or a conversion of some MySQL tables back to flatfiles.

The server's address may stay 'up' for some time to inform joiners of the shut down when they attempt to join. Afterwards, It may redirect to a replacement server if someone starts one up. 

As I already said thanks to everyone in my newsletter, I won't do it again. But I would like to say that if you want to come back on to the forums and post anything, please do. The forums will remain up and relatively maintained, and it'd be awesome if some of you dropped by to say hi every so often.

As always, questions and other feedback welcome, Thanks everyone :)
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

ParagonGX

It's sad to see the end of another server of yours Kai. It has been a pleasure serving as a staff member for the past 1 and half years. If you are considering of starting a KCv3 in the near future, be sure to invite me back to assist you! :P

Exi

First of all I'd like to say that It's been great fun to play and work on this server and I'll most certainly stay in touch on the forums every now and then. Also I'd like to thank you for giving us all the opportunity for playing on this server for a fairly long period of time. It has proven an interesting learning experience for me while doing some server-related maitainance and I'd like to thank you for that as well (yeah i know a lot of thanks hehe).

I'll miss this server and sincerely hope I'll be talking to you guys another time :)

May life be fair and your beers be cold for everyone, cheers!
-Exi

SCS_HAMZA_SCS

Well,i didn't even see the server close..I was ip-banned but oh well..Thanks for the server enjoyment;there was no other server that was better than kcv2,first and last server in minecraft.If you make a new server be sure to post it on this forums or send us the new forums site here.
I would surely like a new start.
Thanks again
Bye and see you later :)

DEADShotMartini

Well, these past 3 and a half years have surely been a hell of a f**king ride. Being on the server since December 2011, i have been able to witness the path that this server has took. I'd like to thank Kai for providing us with the platform to be able to meet new people from around the world, for providing a cool and relaxed place where we could just hang out.

As a small parting thing i'd like to name some people, some who made me glad i was alive, and some who made me want to repeatedly smash a guitar against my head while screaming "WHY?!", but still people who made my time on the last few servers hell of a fun ride to be on.
[Spoiler]
Kai
BBGun
Project1337
BrianahRama
FriendKiller96
Prash
Kody
Zlexy
Einar
DoGLiKe
Sexymf
Smooves (<-- all blame him)
Mallvoy
Vikki
gaming_man13/iLividZz
KainSpice
DeadCell
Fulk
iTroll
CrimsonTornado
Jack
Wolfy
Father Thé
Baroom
Skulker
Joda
Vida
Exi
Obama
Filip
Brent
Diion
Gorden
Putin
MichaelBuble
Tail
Jake
Leon
LightScorcher10
MrCG
Hanzi

And every Brazilian member around the end of 2012/start of 2013 who made each and every single staff member want to spear out their own intestines and hang themselves with them because even after 30 minutes of conversation we still hadn't a f**kING clue what you wanted :D
[/spoiler]

Forgive me if i miss anyone out, these are the names that instantly popped into my head. Its been fun guys. I'll be happy to speak to anyone on skype should they wish to.
And as good ol' Zlexy would say, gg no re.

P.S. Krusty Krab Klan shall reign and rule forever

TheDarkWolf

I'd like to echo what the other's have already said and what others have yet to say as well as what hasn't been said.

I've had a great time here and everyone on the server will stay in my mind.

Thank you, all, for giving me the opportunity to play with you, help you, serve you, and get to know you even if only a little. And, like Martin has already stated... even the ones that don't share the best of memories with me or I them, it has been fun.

I'll sorely miss you folks, and I hope that whatever happens to come in everyone's future will bring them new surprises and experiences for the better, and that you'll all hang onto the memories we've made together.

Thank you, all of you.

~ William J. Edwards

Hij

The server went down, but in a good fashion. We have had so many people from all over the world play that I've met and befriended, and this made me a tidbit happier than I have ever been on a normal minecraft server :3. This server (Pre-KCv2) was my first largely populous minecraft server I played on that wasn't minigames, and boy did I make the right decision playing. Everyone (almost) on the staff team at some point or other was incredibly humourous and jolly, we've had many a-times where we'd just giggle for nothing in calls (albeit rare).

We've accomplished so much it's not even funny. This will always be my favourite server on my list, no matter what happens to it. Stay strong, community. Stay strong. Now, if only Kai'd get to that magic 2k post mark...

Garen v2

I'm don't even play on KC anymore, but this is still sad. I never really thought much of KCv2 after I originally stopped playing about 6 months ago, although I visit the forums occasionally for any new KaiseClient updates. Now that it has been shut down, though... I beginning to remember all of the great memories I made playing on that server, and all of the great people I met. Thanks for creating the server in the first place, though, because I never would have been able to make those memories without the server(obviously). Also, thanks to the staff who worked so hard for the server. It's a shame that it must shut down, but at least it lasted as long as it did.  I doubt you have any plans now, but if you ever feel like making a KCv3, I'd definitely join and help out as much as I could. And if any of the staff plans on making any new servers, as he suggested, I'd be willing to join & help with those too.

raperv26

God damn it...
I knew this was coming...
Here goes another good server down the drain.

Thank you guys for all of the things you have taught me, all the sadness you've brought on me, all the joy that you have given me and everything else in between. Thank you, Kaise, for giving me an opportunity to play Minecraft and to play on your server. Thanks, also, for giving me an opportunity to be a part of your staff system. Thank you, KCv2 staff, for all the jokes, for all the adventures and everything else in between that you have given me. Thank you to the remaining players of KCv2 for all the stuff we've been through.

IF ever, Kaise, you decide on using some of the server's remaining funds to run a KCv3 server, I'd be more glad to help out :)

*The Imperium shall live on!*

Kaise123

Quote from: TheForgottenAnon on May 20, 2014, 08:08:59 PM
It's sad to see the end of another server of yours Kai. It has been a pleasure serving as a staff member for the past 1 and half years. If you are considering of starting a KCv3 in the near future, be sure to invite me back to assist you! :P
Thanks for everything :) If I do, I'm sure I'll let you and everyone relevant know xD

Quote from: Exi on May 20, 2014, 11:03:12 PM
First of all I'd like to say that It's been great fun to play and work on this server and I'll most certainly stay in touch on the forums every now and then. Also I'd like to thank you for giving us all the opportunity for playing on this server for a fairly long period of time. It has proven an interesting learning experience for me while doing some server-related maitainance and I'd like to thank you for that as well (yeah i know a lot of thanks hehe).

I'll miss this server and sincerely hope I'll be talking to you guys another time :)

May life be fair and your beers be cold for everyone, cheers!
-Exi
Thanks Exi, For your help with the maintaing of the server and everything in general. You're welcome for the experience with it as well :P hopefully it helped you as much as it did me.

Quote from: DEADShotMartini on May 21, 2014, 02:25:04 AM
Well, these past 3 and a half years have surely been a hell of a f**king ride. Being on the server since December 2011, i have been able to witness the path that this server has took. I'd like to thank Kai for providing us with the platform to be able to meet new people from around the world, for providing a cool and relaxed place where we could just hang out.

As a small parting thing i'd like to name some people, some who made me glad i was alive, and some who made me want to repeatedly smash a guitar against my head while screaming "WHY?!", but still people who made my time on the last few servers hell of a fun ride to be on.
[Spoiler]
Kai
BBGun
Project1337
BrianahRama
FriendKiller96
Prash
Kody
Zlexy
Einar
DoGLiKe
Sexymf
Smooves (<-- all blame him)
Mallvoy
Vikki
gaming_man13/iLividZz
KainSpice
DeadCell
Fulk
iTroll
CrimsonTornado
Jack
Wolfy
Father Thé
Baroom
Skulker
Joda
Vida
Exi
Obama
Filip
Brent
Diion
Gorden
Putin
MichaelBuble
Tail
Jake
Leon
LightScorcher10
MrCG
Hanzi

And every Brazilian member around the end of 2012/start of 2013 who made each and every single staff member want to spear out their own intestines and hang themselves with them because even after 30 minutes of conversation we still hadn't a f**kING clue what you wanted :D
[/spoiler]

Forgive me if i miss anyone out, these are the names that instantly popped into my head. Its been fun guys. I'll be happy to speak to anyone on skype should they wish to.
And as good ol' Zlexy would say, gg no re.

P.S. Krusty Krab Klan shall reign and rule forever
Ahh, so many names, So many memories haha. I remember everyone on that list. Also, Your welcome, it's been my pleasure to have the server for the time that I have, And I agree with everything you said about the people on it :P

Quote from: Hij on May 21, 2014, 10:34:39 AM
Now, if only Kai'd get to that magic 2k post mark...
Must... Resist... Temptation... To... Spam!

E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

David641

I just want to say thank you for all the enjoyment that the server gave me, I just didn't know that the server would go down to this situation, sorry I didn't be able to play much when its my vacation and I had to go through places so I didn't had much time playing so anyways I had a lot of fun to the server so far and yet its the only server I know and I've been on for years so I will miss it.

Plus
that was one blast I got there x.x Leon.......faction wars.......Got Raided much.........oOo
degraded artifact

Th3_Night_Shadow

Well Never thought saying this again... I WILL NOT FORGET THIS SERVER AND PLAYERS!! This was the best server I played yet.

Since I did /register on joaonaruto6's account(KCV1), this became my favourite server yet and Since that time I created multiple new friendship, I found out that zlexy was almost near my location (real life). This server was my premium account's (Th3_Night_Shadow) first server... This server has/had the most funniest and awesome staff crew ever because every staff made me laugh... Some of you remember when I applied to moderator i created a few new words... lof (lots of fun)...if you remember more of them please remind me because i want to keep that words to always remember KaiseCraft...

Kai, i know im not a  moderator but you know me since we first met inside the server (this also applies to zlexy), but i just wanna tell you (since you have my skype) if you get enough money to restart the server (as KCV3 probably), please count with my help, I'll help you with anything you need...

P.S- My head sometimes sees the future... It is telling me that this server will reborn again...

LE WILD AWESOMESS
By Th3 Wild Player

:P

olei

Hm so....the server has reached its end...it makes me feel sad.....well....if you, kai, start a new server Kcv3....you can count with my help on it. I wont forget the people I met on the server....
so, for now, Bye...
P.S.- WHY???!?!??!?!?!? (jk)
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

TheAmazingBobert

I think I'll finally comment on this.... I've known about the server shut down for almost a month in Advance... Even went as far as to resign because of it to spend my last days as my formal rank xD, I came back however because I realized shortly after the staff had given up after news got around, and it seems that most of you did aswell. The player count in game was low before news got out, but now it's even lower. You guys you have 2 weeks to enjoy what's left of the server that made an impact on your life through how you chose to spend your time and how you chose to interact with complete strangers from across the world. What I'm saying is It's sad that KaiseCraft is going, I've only been here a year and a half going on two years now. and I've been part of the wonderful staff for 10 months. This server has brought many awesome memories and people I'll never lose touch with, and it is even sadder that because of this news so many people have just given up. Don't stop visiting the server simply because it will shut down, but instead make it's last days memorable and give the server the image that it fit once so long ago and make it something full of life in it's last moments, I hope to see some of you guys ingame, and I'd like to Thank Jose(Zlexy) For accepting me into staff with so little actual support from staff ranks considering that's the most important, I'm not quite sure what you saw that made you accept it or why you figured I was ready, but you've made my time in staff possible. I'd also like to thank kai for creating the wonderful server for what it is now. I'd like to thank Emily(Baroom) for being our first and last Head-Admin and making the server a wonderful place to be in and make the experience the best it can be for guests, citizens, builders and engineers alike. I'd also like to thank will(TheDarkWolf) for being a part of the server and being my main motivation to rise in the staff ranks(You were getting too far ahead, someone had to put you in your place : <). Finally I'd like to thank Diion for his insight, thoughts, wisdom And innocence in the staff chat xD. I will miss all of you guys after the server has been shutdown.
"Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick, it will take you far" -Teddy Roosevelt
"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - John F. Kennedy

baroompsycho

When I was first whitelisted into KCv2, I had no clue what was in store for me. I would never have guessed that this server would leave such a huge impact on my life. Throughout my journey on KCv2, I've had numerous happy memories and developed strong everlasting friendships with many of the players as well as the staff members. I can still vividly remember all the jokes and fun times we all had on the server together. When I first heard the news of the server shutdown, I was in denial because I couldn't possibly imagine the server being permanently shutdown. Reading all the heartfelt and kind comments on this thread allowed me to realize that this really is the end of a wonderful and amazing server. However, I'm glad that I was here long enough to create a ton of great memories and meet so many kind people around the world. Hopefully, there will be a KCv3 *wink wink nudge nudge*, and I'll definitely be there to watch it grow and thrive!

I would just like to thank Kai for starting up KCv2, putting so much effort into keeping it running, managing the staff, being able to calmly handle my massive amount of questions on Skype every time you logged on (LOL), and just being an overall great person! I would also like to thank Zlexy for being incredibly helpful in the very beginning when I was struggling with Core Protect, keeping the server in good shape, and dealing with all the troublemakers. To be honest, I would just like to thank everyone, players and staff members alike, for creating such a tight knit, warm, and welcoming community. The KCv2 community was truly unique and is definitely one of the things I'll miss the most about the server. There are so many more people I would love to thank because of their friendship, caring attitude, kindness, and professionalism they have shown towards the server as well as me, but there are just too many! Guaranteed, this is one of the best servers I have ever played on.

So as a quick conclusion, thank you, Kai, for allowing all of us to have the opportunity to bond and create so many new friendships through KCv2. It's been an absolute pleasure playing on the server along with serving as one of the staff members. I'll miss everyone dearly, and if anyone ever wants to talk to me, feel free to reach me through Skype. :) I hope everyone has a prosperous, happy, and fun life, see you all again soon!