News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Forums Update - 30/03/2014

Started by Kaise123, March 30, 2014, 03:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaise123

Hey all, Just some news regarding the forums here. As you all know, The forums have been down a fair bit recently with the 503 error, And I have finally had a chance to do something about it. The error was caused by a process on the web server becoming unresponsive, just for forums.kaise123.com and not for any of the other domains. This has (hopefully) been permanently rectified by moving the subdomain to a different instance of Apache.

This caused some significant downtime between the 29th and 30th, Sorry for the inconvenience. However, In the time that it was down the forums have been completely reinstalled and set up from scratch. Hopefully, This will make sure they perform a lot better as many modifications have been removed, And the databases cleaned out. I have also changed some security settings to help prevent the spam that has been reported recently. New users are now required to verify their Email address on registration, the captcha difficulty has been increased and other measures such as firewall have been implemented.  If there are any issues with the forums, please reply here or send me a PM, As it's likely some things are not completely set up as they are supposed to be. Hopefully I didn't forget anything important though.

And finally, I have installed a new theme on the forums as default. If I could get some feedback it would be great, As I'm still not entirely sure if I want to keep it or not. If you do not like the new theme or would just like to go back to how the forums were, you can change back to the old theme from Profile>Modify Profile>Look and Layout>Current Theme (Click Change)>Light Theme>Use this theme.

E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

Th3_Night_Shadow

Hi kaise
Thank you for fixing this error and let me and many people let in the forums properly.

About the theme..... I like a lot, actually, the forums are a lot better.

Thanks for doing this,
joaonaruto6/ Th3_Night_Shadow
By Th3 Wild Player

:P

baroompsycho

Yeah I agree with Th3_Night haha, the new theme looks really clean! :) Thanks for fixing the forums as well!

Kaise123

Great :) Please report any issues. Also, If any staff have people reporting that they cannot access the forums due to an error, Tell them to clear their cookies. Some rare cases may cause them to be corrupted, but I haven't seen it much on the log.

Exi

I like the theme more as well. It's a nice change :P

Lepid

The new theme looks nice. ;) Nice to see some changes. :)

Th3_Night_Shadow

Hi

I dont know why but I keep having the same error all over the time which dont allow me to access the forums for normally a day.

DOS ATACK.
By Th3 Wild Player

Kaise123

Quote from: Th3_Night_Shadow on April 12, 2014, 09:53:44 PM
Hi

I dont know why but I keep having the same error all over the time which dont allow me to access the forums for normally a day.

DOS ATACK.

Have you been trying to refresh a page a lot of times, or access a lot of pages on the forums at once?

Th3_Night_Shadow

Quote from: Kaise123 on April 13, 2014, 10:35:05 AM
Quote from: Th3_Night_Shadow on April 12, 2014, 09:53:44 PM
Hi

DOS ATACK.

Have you been trying to refresh a page a lot of times, or access a lot of pages on the forums at once?
Yes
By Th3 Wild Player