News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

New Survival world

Started by Zlexy, July 12, 2013, 03:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zlexy

For the 1.6.X update, there will be a completely new survival world put into place. The reasons being is that the recent inventory glitches have really muddled up the economy and people have 'God' items and way too overpowered stuff illegitimately so the best and easiest thing to do is to start fresh, where all of these bugs are ironed out. And also, 1.6 brings a whole new load of changes, so starting a new world would be great for this update.

The current survival world will still be up and running until the server is updated until 1.6.X. Your items and builds from the current survival world will not be transferred over to the new survival world, and you will have to start afresh.

The new survival world will be out shortly after the opening of the server for the new update but it probably won't be ready for the opening as we would need to make a spawn and make sure everything is working correctly

If you have any questions, ask them here
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."

scottymac223

As we will have to re create factions, Would the owner of a current peaceful faction be allowed to stay peaceful? Or would they have to apply again?:3

raperv26

Can we also Transfer Some of the Peaceful Faction's Bases to the new world?

Btw, Nice Message Zlexy, COD: MW2 Quotes, I like it  ;)

Hij

Quote from: raperv26 on July 12, 2013, 07:50:00 AM

No bases will be transferred over. We want to keep this as vanilla as possible, so it is considered a full restart.

My Shoe Wanker

Quote from: Hij on July 12, 2013, 08:19:09 AM
Quote from: raperv26 on July 12, 2013, 07:50:00 AM

No bases will be transferred over. We want to keep this as vanilla as possible, so it is considered a full restart.
What about the Peaceful Factions?

Hij

Quote from: (Matty) on July 12, 2013, 09:41:12 AM
What about the Peaceful Factions?

We are still currently deciding on whether or not to keep the peaceful factions as is, as all factions will be redone (since the Faction plugin still hasn't completely updated to 1.6.X yet). So keep an eye out for a full, secure response to your question  ;)

raperv26

Well, There goes weeks of hard work down the drain...

Smoove

Quote from: raperv26 on July 12, 2013, 06:51:49 PM
Well, There goes weeks of hard work down the drain...
I like it though, i get to be able to start fresh...be able to rebuild and regather items.

LeonDaMundt

It may be a bit annoying for peaceful guys, but really good for other people. Because; Some 3 or 2 faction like Sith my faction and Jedi Knights, didn't let any other faction get more than 3 members because we kept on killing them as we were in survival for a long time. Now that it's restarting they will have some time to atleast get items to defend themselves.

scottymac223

The new world has way too much jungle trees and swamps which is what people didn't want :l

Kaise123

Quote from: oOScottyOo on July 12, 2013, 11:09:28 PM
The new world has way too much jungle trees and swamps which is what people didn't want :l

There are hardly any swamps o.O I almost completely removed them... and I can see there are hardly any on the DynMap. And the areas with jungle trees are smaller, but yes there are still quite a lot. I made the plains very large though
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire