News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

20 Children Died in Newtown, Conn., School Massacre

Started by KrayzieTrini, December 16, 2012, 03:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeonDaMundt

I'm very sorry to what happened. But here's my honest opinion, if an American/European dies he will always be remembered and it will come in the news and stuff like that, I appreciate that and I'm very sorry for that but if this same incdident happened in the Third World people will not even be aware of it, I see many people here, Saying I'm very sorry and stuff like that which is very appreciatable but please tell me honestly if a child from the third world dies in Eid, Christmas or Diwalli no one care about i :'(.

Not trying to be racist here just giving my opinion, Moreover I'm very sorry to what happened in the school, I hope their Parents have the patience to overcome this incident, Ameen

DEADShotMartini

Quote from: LeonMundt (Gunner) on March 06, 2013, 04:55:06 AM
I'm very sorry to what happened. But here's my honest opinion, if an American/European dies he will always be remembered and it will come in the news and stuff like that, I appreciate that and I'm very sorry for that but if this same incdident happened in the Third World people will not even be aware of it, I see many people here, Saying I'm very sorry and stuff like that which is very appreciatable but please tell me honestly if a child from the third world dies in Eid, Christmas or Diwalli no one care about i :'(.

You make a good point, But what you said is also the solution to what you're saying... Have you ever heard the saying "1 Death is a Tragedy, 1000 deaths is a statistic" ?. Although yeah,  A person dying on Diwalli or Eid isn't 1000 deaths but Third World is known to be linked to more than 1000 deaths, thats why it is left out, people only focus on the number not the people, whereas in First World is switched around, no matter what the number people will be focusing on the casualties be it a child or a 90 year old man, why do you think there are memorials everywhere? This only really happens because of Media, to which a majority of the population base their beliefs and actions on, and its clear, i mean they are so facking stereotypical its unreal, They show you an Asian man with a beard and an explosion, they show you a black-african and a murder. And that is exactly why people in first world are remembered on anything over people in 3rd world, its because Media have set down stereotypes and as soon as one of us dies, we fit outside the stereotypes and automatically matter more (Dunno why)

Sorry if i went overboard but Gunner you made an excellent point and i wanted to expand.

LeonDaMundt

Quote from: DEADShotMartini on March 06, 2013, 07:04:00 AM
Quote from: LeonMundt (Gunner) on March 06, 2013, 04:55:06 AM

You make a good point, But what you said is also the solution to what you're saying... Have you ever heard the saying "1 Death is a Tragedy, 1000 deaths is a statistic" ?. Although yeah,  A person dying on Diwalli or Eid isn't 1000 deaths but Third World is known to be linked to more than 1000 deaths, thats why it is left out, people only focus on the number not the people, whereas in First World is switched around, no matter what the number people will be focusing on the casualties be it a child or a 90 year old man, why do you think there are memorials everywhere? This only really happens because of Media, to which a majority of the population base their beliefs and actions on, and its clear, i mean they are so facking stereotypical its unreal, They show you an Asian man with a beard and an explosion, they show you a black-african and a murder. And that is exactly why people in first world are remembered on anything over people in 3rd world, its because Media have set down stereotypes and as soon as one of us dies, we fit outside the stereotypes and automatically matter more (Dunno why)

Sorry if i went overboard but Gunner you made an excellent point and i wanted to expand.
I agree with you, and I appreciate the fact that you support, I say The Media is the largest weapon of the world, It can be used for good or bad.