News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Application for a staff position

Started by TheGGthDoctor, November 05, 2013, 11:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGGthDoctor

Greeting, readers and application reviewers. I have been playing this server for approximately two months, and wish to contribute more toward the betterment of the server, community and forum. I also would like to watch this server grow and flourish, with myself being a part of it. For this simple reason, I am applying for a position among the staff members. I am aware that this is a highly prestigious position to apply for, and I understand that, for many reasons, the application process is going to be long, and there is a high possibility of denial. But, since I have nothing to lose, I'm going to begin with my formal application/resume.

My Ingame name
My ingame name is TheGGthDoctor. While this is the account I wish to be instated in a moderator position, it is not my only account. If you wish to know my other accounts, you may privately converse with me.

KaiseCraft v2 Experience
I've joined this server about two months ago. I was invited by a few friends, who are part of the staff team already. As I first logged in, I was kindly greeted by Sr. Moderator TheDarkWolf, Admin Baroompsycho and Moderator TheAmazingBobert. Wolfy especially assisted me in the construction of my first house on the server, and shortly afterward ended up hanging out with me for a bit. This moment sparked my interest for this server, giving me the realization that this would be one of the friendliest and most organized servers I would ever have the honor of playing on. I have been keeping up with the forums, and I simply LOVE Kaise's client, it's an extremely handy tool to play minecraft with, even though I am premium. I have several builds on the server I am proud of; these include my castle, my pixel art, my redstone city and my shop. I have many friends on the server, and I try my best to maintain a cheerful and positive attitude whilst playing the game. I have never been banned nor have I been warned, and I do not expect to have this happen to me at all. I play KaiseCraft about 30 minutes each day; I know this is not very active, but I can afford a few extra hours a week if necessary. I am regarded as a silent but helpful player on the game, and I'm quite fine with this.

My Minecraft Experience
I have been playing Minecraft for over two years now. I am a rather experienced player, I know the ins and outs of the game quite well. I was gifted a redeem code for my birthday, and since then, I've been playing this game quite often. I knew I loved the game after first playing it. At this time, I wasn't experienced at multiplayer. It was a friend of mine who introduced me to multiplayer, and this opened up many new doors for me in minecraft. It gave me the opportunity to meet new players, learn new techniques and building styles, and just have fun in general. I have run my own private minecraft server for school friends, and I've gotten used to the procedures necessary to running one. I give props to Kaise for going through all this (as well as Zlexy, since he does much of the administrative work for keeping the server running). I have been a moderator on creaturecraft, and I have experience with the moderation commands, as well as procedures to properly executing them.

Moderation tools/commands
Personally, I don't know what the point of including this is, since anyone can copy and paste commands into their applications. But I'm going to be honest, these are the plugins I know how to use and can execute them properly (to some extent) and I certainly have enough knowledge of them to help players out ingame.

CoreProtect:
[spoiler]I am quite experienced with the logging plugin CoreProtect. I know the basic commands.
/Co inspect simply turns on the inspector; left click for block data or right click to place a block in an empty spot.

/Co lookup
This is used in combination with parameters, such as t: u: or r:

/Co rollback Just like lookup, this is used with parameters.
[/spoiler]

Residence:
[spoiler]/res select [x, y, z]
/res expand <amount>
/res select vert
/res remove <res name>
/res create <res name>
/res info <res name>
/res pset <res name> <player name> <flag> <true/false>
/res set <res name> <flag> <true/false>[/spoiler]

Worldguard:
[spoiler]/stoplag
/stoplag -c
/region define <region name>
/region flag
/region addowner <Owner1, owner2, etc.>
/region remove
//wand
/region info
/region setparent <parent region (larger)>[/spoiler]

Worldedit:
[spoiler]//wand
/undo
/redo
//set <block>
//pos1
//pos2
//expand <amount> <direction>
//expand vert
//contract <amount> <direction>
//count
//replace
//cut
//copy
//paste
//rotate[/spoiler]

I'm also well acquainted with the standard moderator commands. These include (but are not limited to) /ban, /kick, /mute and /jail.

Forum Knowledge
I have independently operated forums for my own purposes, as well as for my minecraft server. I find locking, deleting and moving threads a simple task. I am aware of BBcode (tags, etc.) and I'm quite well with the basics. I am active on the forums as well. I have also moderated forums for game sites, and I can operate the basic functions pretty professionally.

Details of my Reputation
As I've stated before, I'm quiet on the server. I respect the other players and do not interfere in their businesses. However, if someone needs assistance, I jump into the conversation in order to assist them. There have been many times where staff was not on, and I simply cannot do anything due to not having access to staff-limited commands. I am well behaved on the server, and I'm sure a few people have noticed me playing alone. Hopefully, I hope to be more recognized as a helpful player and member of the KaiseCraft community.

About Me
I am 17 years old. Currently, I reside in the United States, however, I was born in Canada. I am in my final year of High School and wish to continue my education to the college level. I am a fluent English speaker, and I think of myself as a decent speaker. I am known to be extremely mature, yet I can be humorous when the time is right. My problem solving skills are one of my easily distinguishable skills. I am a busy person in general, but arent all high schoolers?
I am currently studying bio-medical engineering, and hope to pursue a career in this field in the not so distant future. I have weekends free, so I can dedicate much of my time to the server on the weekends. If I were to describe myself in one word, it would be persistent. I strive to achieve, accomplish and be rewarded for hard work and dedication.

Some additional details to sway your opinion
- I feel that many staff members are starting to be inactive, and a few fresh faces added to the mix would be beneficial.

- I come on at random times each day, it can be at noon, 4AM, 8PM, etc. This means I encounter many times when staff are offline and players are needing assistance.

- Even though the player base has decreased significantly from what I've heard, the player-to-staff ratio online at certain times is atrocious, sometimes having 10 players with no staff members.

- Many of the active staff are from the East? I know Baroompsycho and BlueStar5 are from the West but I'm not sure of the others.

Conclusion

First, thanks for reading my application. I sincerely thank you for your time. I hope my application is considered and isn't too bad. I feel my English skills are decent for moderation of a server, and hope my personality is not a problem for the staff.

Regards, The Doctor.

TheAmazingBobert

I love the complex writting style you've used in the app, and I want to offer my support as I know that you are a truely helpful player, but not listing the commands could hurt your chances.. as stupid as it sounds as long as we think you didn't paste them it proves to us you know your stuff as much as you say you do, but because it's been a while since I've seen you and the commands should be added I'm going to be Neutral for now. Also your name along with your skype are needed in the app aswell... they're simple but it allows us to know you, and if accepted you'll be added to Staff Chat via skype so we need that, if you could add these things that'd be great, other than that hope to see you in game

Neutral
"Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick, it will take you far" -Teddy Roosevelt
"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - John F. Kennedy

Deathdefyer99

like bobby said, this is a beautifully written app and it gives a lot of information, except for the commands which you should probably add, but i don't know you that much but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and give you my support, but you are going to have to reveal your skype name for it is required for staff. I hope to get to know you more.

Support
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but if they do, I'll kill them."
~Toby Turner

TheDoctor

I know this is rather unprofessional for me to have done, but I seem to have forgotten my passwords for my previous two forum accounts  :(.

Can a moderator replace my commands with what follows:

WorldEdit:
[spoiler]//wand
/undo
/redo
//set <block>
//pos1
//pos2
//expand <amount> <direction>
//expand vert
//contract <amount> <direction>
//count
//replace
//cut
//copy
//paste
//rotate[/spoiler]

WorldGuard:
[spoiler]/stoplag
/stoplag -c
/region define <region name>
/region flag
/region addowner <Owner1, owner2, etc.>
/region remove
//wand
/region info
/region setparent <parent region (larger)>
[/spoiler]

Residence:
[spoiler]
/res select [x, y, z]
/res expand <amount>
/res select vert
/res remove <res name>
/res create <res name>
/res info <res name>
/res pset <res name> <player name> <flag> <true/false>
/res set <res name> <flag> <true/false>[/spoiler]

I apologize, and great thanks to whoever replaces it.

me455

No support, your not even citizen.......

TheDoctor

Quote from: me455 on November 05, 2013, 02:25:28 PM
No support, your not even citizen.......

Refer to this thread for the prerequisites for this rank.
http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php/topic,167.0.html
Thank you and have a nice day.

iTroll

Pretty decent application. Never had trouble from you, but haven't seen you too much.
I guess I'll support
Le god of le troll~

Msg me if you need help or have questions :D

TheAmazingBobert

I made the edit for you GG, but please try to remember your password xD, you're going to need it
"Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick, it will take you far" -Teddy Roosevelt
"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - John F. Kennedy

rimrimat

Application professionally written. Hope you're professional enough to be MOD. I like to meet you on the server someday.
SUPPORT.

Ender Dragonite

Ahhhhh, an application by TheGGthDoctor. What a lovely and proffesional application. I am actually quite surprised this isn't a troll application and he's actually being very serious. Although TheGGthDoctor is a massive troll and he can be very inappropriate at times, he is a funny kid and he is fun to play with. He also enjoys to sexually harrass me daily and he loves to spam the donkey shats out of me but I don't mind. He seems to enjoy hanging out with me a lot and he follows me like a stray dog but I enjoy his company since he is a cool kid. I'm sure he would be a great Moderator since he is a fun kid to be around and not boring and scary like some other Moderators. He's like iTroll all over again.

I've been his friend for a while now (way before he even joined this server) and I know he would great! :D

DEFINITELY SUPPORT!!!!!   :)  ;)  :D  ;D  ::)  8)  :P  :-*

I think I like Pokemon ^_^

TheDoctor

Thank you for your input, everyone! And I'm not sure if I should smile or cry at yours Ender... but thank you.

Ender Dragonite

Quote from: TheDoctor on November 05, 2013, 05:01:20 PM
Thank you for your input, everyone! And I'm not sure if I should smile or cry at yours Ender... but thank you.
Be happy :D

I think I like Pokemon ^_^

Zlexy

"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."

TheDoctor

Quote from: Zlexy on November 05, 2013, 08:57:19 PM
Add your Skype name

I had to create one; it's added to my profile.
Quoteim.thedoctor.yo

shuff

You're a pretty nice player ingame, and your application is also good, however, if you applied for moderator, and if you have that good application, can't you apply for citizen? Try it.
-I Guess I'll support.