News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Demotion: BlaaaazMC & Blarno

Started by Deimos, March 15, 2014, 04:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deimos

Today, Exi and myself figured out how both BlaaaazMC and Blarno cheated massive amounts of items into the survival world.

As a result, it has been decided both players have gotten a permanent demote from the KaiseCraft staff, and their ranks have been brought back to citizen.

We want to state clearly that anyone cooperating with cheaters is also considered a cheater. When seeing something that doesn't seem right, report this immediately to the highest ranked staff. Also glitches should be reported!

Proof is to be found in the spoiler underneath.

PS) All cheated items have been removed from the game.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Exi

I can confirm everything Deimos said and I would like to add that if you know a glitch and you don't report it or know someone who is cheating and you don't report it, that it is equally bad as glitching and cheating itself. From now on we will not tolerate any type of staff cheats in survival anymore and we will continue to demote from staff if it occurs again.
Deimos and I have a very wealthy faction and we haven't cheated at all the whole time, even though we could do it at any point. So here is my message to the current staff: Be sportive and be fair.

Hij

Well, looks like Blarno couldn't keep trusted. This is (I believe) the second time that he's cheated items into survival or cheated in general in survival. In my honest opinion, something like that deserves some sort of banning. As a matter of fact, letting them off the hook for abusing a glitch to get them more items seems a little light-hearted, especially since we're talking about a gamemode/world that requires you to fend for yourself without the use of spawning ANYTHING.

TheDarkWolf

I thought Blarno was an elite and blaaaazMC was a builder? I hope you guys got the right ranks. The rule has always been that players were demoted to their previously held ranks before they joined staff.

Also, it appears f10r3tt1 is guilty as well, looking through the console. If he's not on the ban reports list, I'm going to go ahead and issue him a 21 day ban for helping the staff member(s) smuggle items into survival.

If there's anyone else involved, we need to go ahead and get them as well.

Exi

We have decided to demote both of them back to citizen. Because it's Blarno's second time that he cheated, we felt it was more than righteous to demote him back as well. We will not tolerate such actions any further in the survival world. Because they held higher ranks in the server we decided it would be fair to not ban them from the server but to simply demote them.

Thanks for banning f10r3tt1 by the way; didn't find anything about him back in their base.

Note: I have regenerated their whole base to make sure there are no more hidden chests etc. down there. All cheated items have been removed from survival as well.

TheDarkWolf

How did you guys find out about this, anyway? Did someone from their fac tell you?

I caught f10r3tt1 due to looking up the logs with blaaaaz's name. Apparently he was using the "/enderchest" command to move items into f10r3tt1's enderchest.

I suggest removing the invsee and enderchest perms from all staff except levels 4 - 7.

Exi

We tried to raid them since they had 20 power and 30 land and then found out that most of their stuff was stolen. They even put 5 beacons deployed next to each other... Clearly most stuff had been hacked.

And I have already removed the /enderchest command but it's indeed a good idea to remove /invsee as well.

Hij

Why not keep invsee but remove the ability to take things? Or is that how the glitch happened?

Exi

Quote from: Hij on March 17, 2014, 02:26:21 AM
Why not keep invsee but remove the ability to take things? Or is that how the glitch happened?

That's exactly what I did ;) It's just that lvl4+ are the only ones able to modify the contents of their inventory or enderchests.

TheDarkWolf

Quote from: Exi on March 16, 2014, 09:30:23 PM
We tried to raid them since they had 20 power and 30 land and then found out that most of their stuff was stolen. They even put 5 beacons deployed next to each other... Clearly most stuff had been hacked.

And I have already removed the /enderchest command but it's indeed a good idea to remove /invsee as well.

That's such a dead giveaway...

"/start fail"

"5 beacons deployed next to each other"

"/end fail"