News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Leaving for a week or two

Started by shuff, November 20, 2013, 02:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exi

Quote from: DEADShotMartini on November 23, 2013, 06:52:28 PM
Y'all are morons. If you study 3-5 hours daily then you should know by now that the human attention span is just under 30 minutes with a 15 minute "Resume" time. The best way to study is 25/10, where you read for 25 minutes with a 10 minute break.

Or you do the me, have a very powerful short term memory and reading 50 pages on the electrolysis of aluminium 10 minutes before the exam and it somehow works.

Well if you're at college or university that 3-5 hours won't always cut it. At least not where I'm from. Just know that it's not because it's not an ideal way of learning that it is bad that you learn that long on one day.

Deimos

Y'all are morons. If you study 3-5 hours daily then you should know by now that the human attention span is just under 30 minutes with a 15 minute "Resume" time. The best way to study is 25/10, where you read for 25 minutes with a 10 minute break.

Or you do the me, have a very powerful short term memory and reading 50 pages on the electrolysis of aluminium 10 minutes before the exam and it somehow works.

I just couldn't let this post get away freely.

At Belgian universities, students have 2 times a year a period of exams. This period takes up to 40 days of non stop studying along with a few days making exams. This means, I myself, study for 10-12 hours a day during this period (which we call 'blok'), without stopping in the weekends for 40 days straight.

Taking breaks like you do means 40% of the time you're not studying. In the best case, when there's only 10 hours of studying to do in a day, this means I wouldn't do anything for 4 hours. This equals the academic death penalty in Belgium, meaning you won't pass even a single exam. I'd like to see you do it in 3-5 hours a day. I would be amazed. Even the highest IQ's wouldn't make it here that way.

I'm just saying there's lots of differences between school systems all over the world, and lots of differences between what the expectations for students are. Here they're terribly high.

Of course since you're talking about electrolysis, this probably is still high school you're talking about. High school is nothing compared to University, at least not here.

DEADShotMartini

Well yes i was replying to a few 10-13 year olds, and no matter what you say, psychologically the best way to study will always be 25-30 mins with breaks in between.

TheDarkWolf

My memory is like this. I hardly ever "studied". I could go through the day listening to lectures/reading textbooks/novels/doing work and it'd all click for me. I barely had to study.

Of course, I paid attention too. I wasn't like all the assholes that sat in class going through the motions.

Exi

Aaaaaaaand we're off topic. ^^
Cya later shuff!