News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Separate Ranks for Survival

Started by Garen, March 08, 2013, 04:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garen

I am not sure if this is possible or not, but I would like entirely different ranks in the survival world.

Some (not very good) ideas are:

Rank I:  Gatherer

This is basically the survival version of Citizen.
There wouldn't be any spawning, because it is survival(except maybe wood tools, etc.), but you could make it possible to privatize chests or something.

Rank II:  Hunter

This would be more advanced than Gatherer, and they could be able to spawn stone tools and a sword. These could also(maybe?) be able to protect houses of their own without joining a faction.

Rank III:  Advanced Hunter

This rank could spawn the same as before, but also bow & arrows.

These are just examples, so they can be/do anything, I just think people would like survival ranks. :D

Well, that is my idea. (sorry if it was a little lengthy)

Anyway, Thanks for reading.     :)

Kart_Racer63

I think survival should be left alone, honestly. I enjoy having to work my way up without having the ability to spawn anything at all. It gives more merit to the actual meaning of the word 'survival'.

Michael5017

I dont like spawning items/tools in survival because its survival!
But i like the ranks :D

Garen

Well, spawning things was just an example. Like I said, they can do anything, Ijust like the idea of ranks.  :)

Mastergamer23

Zlexy

survival will most likely stay as it is. no one will ever be allowed to spawn items, as it defeats the purpose of the world. not even mods can spawn things.
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."

Garen

Again, it was NOT about the spawning.   I just couldnt think of any way to make them better than previous ranks.  :-\    All i was trying to say was that I wanted ranks of some sort in the Survival World.    :(

iTroll

No real point in ranks if you can't spawn. You already need Citizen to go to survival, and ranks do not carry over but you're technically still a 'citizen'. The survival world is more vanilla compared to regular world.
Le god of le troll~

Msg me if you need help or have questions :D

ParagonGX

It's like having players with different classes in Survival like Lumber Jacks and Hunters, they have their own specialized abilities.

Hij

I kind of like this proposal, in my opinion. Maybe add some...different aspects to it instead of spawning (and maybe even make the ranks time-based instead of application-based).

For example, the first rank you could get in survival world could enhance your different McMMO abilities by a bonus number (a lot of work in that, I could imagine), or enhance other factors instead of spawning abilities (like Beast said, I think). Another proposal for the ranks is the Faction system, as in higher ranks get immediate bonuses in Power or the Faction's Colour might be able to be changed.

Garen

Yes, what .:B.E.A.S.T:.  and Hij said. That is what I meant, but I just worded my proposal poorly.  :D

I just wanted ranks, and something to make them better than previous ranks.  ;D

Kaise123

I agree also, And I do plan to add ranks to survival (I have stated so elsewhere on the forums; http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php/topic,863.msg5173.html#msg5173 ) However some things can and can't be done.

I want to add different prefixed ranks to survival, Probably without any additional permissions at all. Just the ability to have Custom or pre-set prefixes for doing certain things, or donating (Possibly a certain KD ratio)

Spawning ANY kind of item will never be allowed for any rank in Survival, However I do wish to add kits to the server that can be obtained in certain ways (Possibly for like... $1 IRL money or something)

Quote from: Hij on March 10, 2013, 12:34:21 AM
I kind of like this proposal, in my opinion. Maybe add some...different aspects to it instead of spawning (and maybe even make the ranks time-based instead of application-based).

For example, the first rank you could get in survival world could enhance your different McMMO abilities by a bonus number (a lot of work in that, I could imagine), or enhance other factors instead of spawning abilities (like Beast said, I think). Another proposal for the ranks is the Faction system, as in higher ranks get immediate bonuses in Power or the Faction's Colour might be able to be changed.

I like these ideas :D Time based is unfortunately impossible... I don't think there is a way to determine what world the changes are made in. McMMO sounds good, and I think it's possible too (There are admin bonuses, but I think that I might be able to split them up and assign a certain percentage higher chance to certain abilities etc). I don't know about Factions, I think I can change the colours but not per-rank...
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire