News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Banned me by a misstake! My fault! To wanyama!

Started by kindak1, November 13, 2012, 07:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kindak1

Hello Wanyama!
For begin using Xray gave me the result: Perm ban! And I think It's unfair Because I didn't know that Xray was illegal on the server!
And there is nowhere that says that I can not use it! besides at spawn is there a sign that says ''Mods are allowed''.
If I knew what it was illegal I would never install it!

Im really sorry for that! And I will never repeat that again!
I`m the chosed one!

iTroll

How could you NOT know x-ray is not allowed on a survival server? I think a perm ban is a little extreme but you were hacking and had an unfair advantage over other players. It's up to Wanyama to unban you as it's his decision but really READ THE RULES AT SPAWN!
Le god of le troll~

Msg me if you need help or have questions :D

kindak1

at spawn is there a sign that says ''Mods are allowed'.
I`m the chosed one!

SHARKBAIT123

Well, From what i see is that kindak was using x-ray and was banned for it. He thought that x-ray was allowed and at spawn it states that Mods are allowed and from what i know is that x-ray is a mod. so any new player would think that x-ray is allowed. If you don't want players to use x-ray then state more clearly that you don't want players to use x-ray. this is a little harsh and if i were a new player who just checked the rules, i would think that x-ray is allowed.

DEADShotMartini

Mod is short for modification, and a modification is (When used with games like Minecraft) is something that will either enhance or defile gameplay experience, and does not give the modded user a very large scale advantage over gameplay. X-Ray is not the case

X-Ray is a hack, a Hack is a mod on a much larger scale, as a Hack can be defined as a Modification which will give the user a much higher advantage over the game as it usually involves Illegitimately getting something that is the main aspect of a game much quicker than intended to. 

For example in CoD, Aimbot is a hack , it is something that should be done by hand, but Aimbot takes that need away and aims for the user itself, giving an advantage

In Minecraft, X-Ray is a hack, it allows the user to obtain valuables such as diamonds, which would be hard to find and require time and effort to find.

Now before you blab about it not being written on the rules, use your friggin common sense, If you know using x-ray is going to cheat out the whole freaking point of Minecraft on a semi-survival server then its obviously going to be "Illegal to use"

Zlexy

I think that a permanent ban is suitable for this case and all other staff it seems agree. You may be unbanned but that is for Kai to decide. do not see this as a personal thing dude, I'm not out to get you, I'm just doing what the rules say. anyone using X-ray will serve the same punishment as you, we are a fair bunch on staff here and we always give chance. I will speak with Gorden or Kai and discuss if you should be given chance.
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."

Sab

I have edited the sign to clarify to players a little bit what is meant by mods. http://puu.sh/1pFPk

And I don't think it's worth a permban, And I think Kai would agree so I'm going to not give a punishment at all for this. Due to lack of clarification from the signs this should be overlooked this once. However any further 'x-raying' will result in a 5 day ban, not perm.

kindak1

I know that you are just doing your job Wanyama.
Thanks Sab really apprecĂ­ated!
I promise that It well never happened again.
I`m the chosed one!

Sab

No worries. Thanks Wan xD There were previous issues on the last server with x-ray and Kai didn't like banning people over its use but it is technically 'hacking' and not allowed.

Kaise123

I don't think x-ray should result in a permaban, I'm not enormously bothered by it, as much as I am griefing.

Quote from: kindak1 on November 13, 2012, 07:26:13 AM
And there is nowhere that says that I can not use it! besides at spawn is there a sign that says ''Mods are allowed''.

It does say that, But it also says 'No Hacks' or something to that effect, and X-ray is without doubt considered as a hack.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

SHARKBAIT123

Well did this "hack" that was used harm the server so much to result in a perm ban?  Now I could understand a ban if he was using a force op or server crasher to harm the server.

kindak1

I though that X-ray just was a regular Mod and not a Hack! I would never use it If I knew that it was illegal.
Im so sorry for breaking the rules (that i didn't knew about^^).
And will never use a X-ray or any illegal mod or Hack! And just to be sure everytime I'm going to download a mod will I ask a Staff if it's allowed!
I`m the chosed one!