News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Recommend a Plug-in *UNOFFICIAL*

Started by Mr_Creepington/VexxedFlare, January 23, 2014, 06:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Creepington/VexxedFlare

This is not an official thing although I hope it does become one, I have an idea, recommend a plugin for the server. The way this could work is every say month (Can be more/less frequent) all the readers of this post could comment a plugin they would like to see on the server. It could be formatted like this:

-Plugin Name:
-What it does:
-Why you want to see it on KaiseCraft:
-How you think it will benefit the server:
-A link (Not to the download but to the thread of the plugin

There could be more questions but those just came off of the top of my head, if/when a plugin is installed it could be trialed over a week and if it gets used enough it could become a permanent thing.

I could see a few issues with this though:
The plugins could be faulty, they could corrupt the server.
Changing the permissions every month to work with the plugins would get tedious.
And I'm sure there are many others I have overlooked.

Anyway, just a quick thought thanks for the time spent reading, it is much appreciated.

VinylFlare

Well, there is already a suggestion section so i dont see why this would be useful?

Exi

I prefer keeping plug-in requests in separate posts because It'll be difficult to navigate through one big post when there are multiple plug-ins being talked about at the same time.

Hij

Quote from: Exi on January 23, 2014, 07:51:03 AM
I prefer keeping plug-in requests in separate posts because It'll be difficult to navigate through one big post when there are multiple plug-ins being talked about at the same time.

Well, there is a way to link to specific posts in the thread itself. If you can compile all the posts with plug-ins being talked about/recommended, it would work out (Albeit, discussion probably wouldn't be able to work with it, just the original recommendation). If discussion happens to ensue, then they'd have to quote off the author of the post and talk about their opinion.

But yeah, individual threads are much easier to manage ::)

xXRoboJackXx

Quote from: Hij on January 23, 2014, 07:55:46 AM
Quote from: Exi on January 23, 2014, 07:51:03 AM

Well, there is a way to link to specific posts in the thread itself. If you can compile all the posts with plug-ins being talked about/recommended, it would work out (Albeit, discussion probably wouldn't be able to work with it, just the original recommendation). If discussion happens to ensue, then they'd have to quote off the author of the post and talk about their opinion.

But yeah, individual threads are much easier to manage ::)
Translation: "Yeah separate threads are better, but there is a way to do what you asked."
Jack Roberts translations. Since 2014, registered trademark.
40% Accuracy.