News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

New Ideas For Engineer Rank

Started by Kempis, June 05, 2013, 07:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kempis

Can Engineers Recieve Coloured Nicks?
For Example, Engineers May Choose Between Yellow, Dark Blue and Green?
Also, Can Engineers Have Permission to /Region?

Thank You.

Kaise123

I'm not opposed to this idea, As I agree that the Engineer rank needs some more drawcards. What do other staff think?
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

Michael5017

I dont think thats fair for builders, if engineer get nick and other cool stuff builders should have some too

Kempis

Quote from: Michael5017 on June 05, 2013, 02:52:23 PM
I dont think thats fair for builders, if engineer get nick and other cool stuff builders should have some too
Engineer is higher rank than builder, i think they deserve to have more things for their rank...
Michael, think about this, if builders got some more things for their rank, wouldn't citizen want some too?
Which means that engineer, builder and citizen still technically have the same amount. so then people who are engineer would want more things for their rank, and then builders would complain, and so on... :)

~VIPER~

KCv2 Moderator

scottymac223

Michael its like getting a new job, you start of very low and work your way up, getting new things each time you progress.

Anyway, im not exactly sure that engineers need more, they have redstone spawning to build redstone things (Which is what the rank was basically for) And setting warps. As well as the stuff builders have. Maybe they could get a nickname but keep it in the normal engineer colours  ;D

~VIPER~

I look a little bit things that Engineers have,I only think that Engineers could pick there color of nick.
KCv2 Moderator

iLiviDzZ

The nicks is a good idea, but i wouldn't want the server spammed with stupid colours and rainbow coloured names. This is what happens with the Elites
poop comes out of my butt

~VIPER~

But can Engineers pick only one color,like dark blue or yellow??
KCv2 Moderator

Stephen

Signature by: Builder Stephen
Email: earlstephen16@gmail.com

DEADShotMartini

I agree with what Livid and Kai are saying, Although it's a nice idea as Engineer is the final free applicable non staff rank to achieve, it should have some sort of privilege. The reason i dont really support the idea being so simple and easy is the fact that engineer is a free rank, a lot more people can get it easier, and therefore it means that when there is an influx of engineers, there will be spams for people to have nicks changed, and because only sr mods have the access to change nicks via consoles it's gonna be annoying.

My idea along in this is that you are allowed to choose any colour you want for your nick (Excluding black ofc) but your nick can only be your username or something close to your username (For example my IGN is xXxDE4DShotxXx but my nick is DEADShot)

~VIPER~

I like this idea if deadshot. I saw that Elites and some Mods have names before nick,like this: [nursemod] [name] or [pokemonmaster] [elite] [name],but to me it's stupid,we should have only one colour or our nick. Thank you
KCv2 Moderator

Kaise123

I like what Deadshot suggested, But also thought we could make it so that they can only pick 1 nickname? As in, if they already have one they cannot change it.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

Kempis

Quote from: DEADShotMartini on June 06, 2013, 04:54:21 AM
My idea along in this is that you are allowed to choose any colour you want for your nick (Excluding black ofc) but your nick can only be your username or something close to your username (For example my IGN is xXxDE4DShotxXx but my nick is DEADShot)
Yeah, I had a idea like that.
It's a very good idea, because you can only choose 1 color excluding the ones other ranks have however I dont really like the idea of how you can choose any color, i think there should only be 1 color for engineer, the same as it is with builder and citizen. But choosing your own color is still good idea...

ParagonGX

Quote from: Kaise123 on June 06, 2013, 02:15:04 PM
I like what Deadshot suggested, But also thought we could make it so that they can only pick 1 nickname? As in, if they already have one they cannot change it.
I agree with Kai, maybe allow them to choose a nick when they are first given the rank, then it would easily known if any Engineers are wanting to change their nick name or color after the opening period.