News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

[INFO] KCv2 Official Rules - UPDATED! Includes legislation on God items

Started by Kaise123, March 25, 2013, 09:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaise123

KCv2 Official Rules
    A central location for all rules on KCv2
    Last updated by Kaise123 on the 12th of June 2013 Reason: God Item rules

It has come to my attention that the official rules are not in one central location and may be confusing for some users to locate. I will attempt to go over all the rules here, Although many of them are common sense.

Global Rules  Apply all over the server, no matter who you are or where you are

• No swearing  While there may be some situations where you want to swear, it is NOT allowed on the server as we have many players who could find it offensive
    • No spamming  Spamming is very annoying for everyone. If you are spamming the same message you will be muted, And if you are repeating things or bugging people to do something, the same will apply.
    • No caps lock  Repeated usage of caps lock will result in a mute
    • English only in Global chat  In the interest of keeping the chat clear, Anybody who wishes to speak a non-English language must do so in a private chat (Either out of the game, Via /msg or with faction or party chat)
    • No X-ray  X-ray is not permitted in ANY world.
    • Raiding a peaceful faction is STRICTLY against the rules. This includes taking things from chests on unclaimed land within/next to their builds.

Main World Rules  Apply only on the main world, And the related End and Nether worlds (W:W, W:N, W:E)

• No griefing  Destroying other user's works is not allowed. You are not to grief ANYTHING in this world.
    • No stealing  You are not to steal anything from chests in this world. You are, however, allowed to keep items gained from PvP
    • No lava kills  Killing someone with Lava is NOT allowed if their PvP is off. You will be asked to return any items taken and could potentially be (temp)banned for repeated offences
    • No Flying during PvP  If you choose to PvP in the main world, Please do not fly or TP away.

'Hacking' Clients/Mods clients that are generally created for griefing and or 'hacking' a server ARE permitted here, But are not recommended. You are permitted to use any of the features of the client that do not disturb other users of the server (So you may use things like nofall, fly, etc). If you are found to be using features such as force field, or anything that obviously impacts the server in a negative way, you will be banned.

You are welcome to use most mods in this world such as fly, minimap mods, etc. If your not sure about a particular mod then feel free to ask a mod or on the forums.

NEW! Information about God Items and their usage/sale in the Main World:

There has been a lot of confusion regarding the sale and use of God items legally on the server, and this is intended to clear that up a bit. The rules for God items are as follows

• God items MAY be obtained by ANY rank on the server. Including Guests.
    • God items may ONLY be sold by a KCv2 Staff member. Any user that is not a Moderator or higher may not give/sell you any kind of god item.
    • If you kill a user with any God items, You are allowed to keep them
    • God items covers only tools, weapons and armour that are enchanted with all enchantments to the highest default level
    • Items that are enchanted above the default levels (IE, the default level for Sharpness on a sword is level 5, So if you have a sword with Sharpness 6 or higher) will be taken away and are illegal.

The new pricing for God Items (As of 29/09/2013):

Leggings, Helmet, Boots: $85,000ea
    Chestplate: $100,000ea
    Swords and Axes: $75,000ea
    Pickaxes, Spades, Hoes: $25,000ea
    Misc god items ('Pimp sticks' etc): $5,000ea

Survival World Rules  Apply only on the Survival world, And the related End and Nether worlds when added (Currently only W:S, W:S-Nether)

NOTE: Griefing IS allowed here. This is a factions survival world, please learn how to use a faction or keep your base a secret!

• No flying  Flying in Survival is not allowed.

'Hacking' Clients/Mods clients that are generally created for griefing and or 'hacking' a server ARE NOT permitted here. Under no circumstances can any mods be used that would give you an unfair advantage over other players. Any use of such modifications will result in a temp ban or ban.

Most mods are not allowed here. However you can use Rei's Minimap (Entity radar is allowed).

NEW! Information about God Items and their usage/sale in the Survival World:

There has been a lot of confusion regarding the sale and use of God items legally on the server, and this is intended to clear that up a bit.
    In the Survival World, The sale, Use, distribution, anything to do with god items whatsoever is prohibited. If you happen to somehow get your God items into Survival, You are not permitted to keep them and they will be taken by force if you refuse to destroy/give them up. Sr. Staff members MAY use the /kill command from console to kill a player in order to get their God items, If they will not give them any other way.

As an extra note on PVP:

I have seen MANY people both on the server, here on the forums and on Skype complaining about people who have asked to PvP and said they will return the items.

While it would be nice if everyone in the world was honest, That is simply not true, Especially on the Internet. If some stranger asked to borrow your car, Would you let them? No. The same goes for PvP, If somebody tells you that they will return your items after the PvP then it's up to you to continue. HOWEVER, there are no server rules that say they are required to return the items, And it's near impossible to enforce such a rule.

From here on in, If you agree to PvP with someone and that you/they will give eachothers items back, That's totally up to you. But we will not return your items if they don't return them, Nor will we punish the person for not returning them. It's your responsibility what you do with your items, So put them in a protected chest or something, Why take the risk?

Quote from me detailing the solution:
    Quote from: Kaise123 on January 25, 2013, 06:17:58 PM
    I'm sorry to say this, But it was your choice to turn your PvP on, And other players should NEVER be trusted. It's impossible to enforce and it should be your own responsibility to look after your items. If you are PvPing for fun NEVER trust a player to give your things back. If someone says this, Then we are not going to give your things back. If you want to PvP and keep your items, STORE THEM IN A PROTECTED CHEST.

If I've missed something, please let me know below.[/list]
    E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
    Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
    Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

ReconWhale

ReconWhale - The <placeholder>

Kaise123

Jizomeo

You forgot No X-Ray and No Hackes.

Kaise123

Quote from: Jizomeo on March 26, 2013, 12:17:36 PM
    You forgot No X-Ray and No Hackes.

Xray doesn't work on the server, And Hacking is pretty obvious. I suppose I could add it nonetheless

ParagonGX

Xray doesn't work on the server, And Hacking is pretty obvious. I suppose I could add it nonetheless
    It would depend if the player was using a x-ray texture pack. There is no way of finding out if they're using one, unless you see a person looking suspiciously into the ground and digging random straight tunnels leading to precious ores

Kaise123

Quote from: .:B.E.A.S.T:. on March 26, 2013, 10:52:52 PM
    It would depend if the player was using a x-ray texture pack. There is no way of finding out if they're using one, unless you see a person looking suspiciously into the ground and digging random straight tunnels leading to precious ores

I was actually incorrect as for some reason the Orebfuscator was not enabled. However, When I work out why it's not working no kinds of Xray will work on the server (Xray texture pack, Mod, Ore finders etc)

Michael Bublé

My experience with orebusfacator was mostly bad. It would lag the server and crash it and render distance suffered greatly.

Kaise123

Quote from: MichaelBuble on April 16, 2013, 11:03:02 AM
    My experience with orebusfacator was mostly bad. It would lag the server and crash it and render distance suffered greatly.

Spigot has a built in fork of Orebfuscator which seems to work fine.

Kaise123

Added to the OP:

There has been a lot of confusion regarding the sale and use of God items legally on the server, and this is intended to clear that up a bit. The rules for God items are as follows

• God items MAY be obtained by ANY rank on the server. Including Guests.
    • God items may ONLY be sold by a KCv2 Staff member. Any user that is not a Moderator or higher may not give/sell you any kind of god item.
    • If you kill a user with any God items, You are allowed to keep them
    • God items covers only tools, weapons and armour that are enchanted with all enchantments to the highest default level
    • Items that are enchanted above the default levels (IE, the default level for Sharpness on a sword is level 5, So if you have a sword with Sharpness 6 or higher) will be taken away and are illegal.

The prices for God Items to buy are:
    Leggings, Helmet, Boots: $8,500ea
    Chestplate: $10,000ea
    Swords and Axes: $10,000ea
    Pickaxes, Spades, Hoes: $7,000ea
    Misc god items ('Pimp sticks' etc): $5,000ea

karathorhikari

iTroll

Quote from: karathorhikari on July 17, 2013, 02:00:26 PM
    What's the situation with WE?
    I don't believe you have access to WE in the first place? Well for elites or higher, blocks changed in a single edit should be limited (so server resources aren't all consumed which would crash the server). WE'd blocks can't be used for the advantage of another player (such as placing 5000 diamond blocks unprotected for a friend). Also it can't be used to tamper with the builds of another player (GRIEFING) or for a pvp/killing advantage (like setting lava around a player).
    Basically, you may only use it for assistance in building, etc.
    Le god of le troll~

Msg me if you need help or have questions :D

karathorhikari

I'd like to add something to this. What are the disciplines for different rules being broken?
    The reason I'm bringing this up is, I was killed today in W:W inside the actual spawn area after leaving survival. I wasn't running from pvp. In fact, I had already been killed and respawned. I was also unaware that pvp stayed disabled when returning to W:W. The one who killed me got off with nothing more than a warning. I believe this is clearly prohibited, and there is no excuse for not knowing spawn killing is against the rules. There was another incident like this in which I was lava killed in W:W, but I won't go into that now. I'm not even mad about being killed anymore, just baffled that nothing is ever done about it. There were also at least two mods online who witnessed the incidents via chat and commented on them both times, as well as both offenders admitting to what they had done as if nothing mattered. If the regulations for punishment could be more clearly outlined, I think victims would feel more justified by actions taken against offenders, and mods would follow more strict protocols.

LeonDaMundt

Quote from: karathorhikari on July 25, 2013, 02:19:20 PM
    I'd like to add something to this. What are the disciplines for different rules being broken?
    The reason I'm bringing this up is, I was killed today in W:W inside the actual spawn area after leaving survival. I wasn't running from pvp. In fact, I had already been killed and respawned. I was also unaware that pvp stayed disabled when returning to W:W. The one who killed me got off with nothing more than a warning. I believe this is clearly prohibited, and there is no excuse for not knowing spawn killing is against the rules. There was another incident like this in which I was lava killed in W:W, but I won't go into that now. I'm not even mad about being killed anymore, just baffled that nothing is ever done about it. There were also at least two mods online who witnessed the incidents via chat and commented on them both times, as well as both offenders admitting to what they had done as if nothing mattered. If the regulations for punishment could be more clearly outlined, I think victims would feel more justified by actions taken against offenders, and mods would follow more strict protocols.

Yeah, I was there as well but yes I warned him but I couldn't do anything else as I was on mobile and it was 7:38 AM in my place and I didn't sleep; so I had to sleep although I do remember telling the other mod to check that incident out, seems like he/she didn't. Anyways, I'll come in game and when you are online you are more than welcome to point me the spawn killer (as these things happen alot these days) and ill first give you all your stuff back from him and also I'm going to ask the other staff if any action can be taken against him. Sorry for the inconvenience that the other mod didnt help.

Kaise123

Quote from: karathorhikari on July 25, 2013, 02:19:20 PM

There are no punishments defined as it is completely up to the staff member at the time. They choose the punishment based not only on what they did but the way they react and their past reputation.

I don't think that people should be banned or any real consequence for spawn killing, unless they are doing it ALOT. However, You shouldn't be able to PvP at spawn anyway, So that needs to disabled.