News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

[Survival] Complete Survival World Reset!

Started by LeonDaMundt, October 26, 2013, 05:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeonDaMundt

Good day, everyone, as you've already seen from the topic; today I'm here to suggest a "Complete Survival Reset!", in the 1.7 upadte Why? You may ask, well, you certainly can, and I can certainly tell "Why"

Reasons For The Complete World Reset

• Fix out the glitches which occured causing people to get items.
As you may probably know, there was a period where items COULD be spawnable by any rank (Citizen+) which caused some illegal items to be "smuggled" in :/, although they weren't really that much, but they do count as one gapple can change the vision of a battle.

• New Biomes!
With great updates, comes great biomes. Well, now with the new biomes, we're certainly gonna have more survival fun, just Imagine! Walking down mesa biomes, or walking through the freezing temperatures and the new blocks of the Winter Bome, perhaps taking a walk in the new beautiful jungles. It's just much exciting!

• New Survival Bases, Factions And Much More Oppurtunity
As survival grows, huge inpenetrable fortresses really become a concerning thing for most factions which just start out, although they may have alot of confidence or skill, they can't outmatch the well equipped people which hide out in their fortresses. It's just that survival is matured for most new members and they can't find a place to fit in. Besides, who wants to build a huge fortress in a nice biome? I know I do ;)

New Updates With 1.7

• Epic Fishing
  • LOTS Of new Biomes
  • Better World-Generation
  • New Blocks To Build With
  • New Places To Explore
  • More things to Do!
  • Less Oceans *THANK GOD*
For More Info:
https://mojang.com/2013/10/minecraft-1-7-the-update-that-changed-the-world/

What Will Happen

Basically, of what me and some other people are planning, the whole world W:S will be reset, as in all inventories factions bases etc etc. Now don't get sad there buddy, you can re-build everything, and you can make everything better! This will allow new-coming factions some time to catch up and not to stay behind everywhere + The new things you can do still await!

How Can I Take Part?

Well, basically, vote along! :) Each vote counts, and you should give reasons to why you voted to something so that it can be clarified, any questions? Go ahead! But please, don't no-support by saying things like "My base will be gone so no" or "My sword is more good so no" If you really can get them in the first place, you can get a better thing the second time! Here is the place where you vote:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DF6KGSX

Happy voting!

Note: Leave Support or No Support below!

[/list]

DEADShotMartini

I stand nowhere on this, neither do i care what happens as i cannot access the server so i will happily support any decision that is made, BUT man you messed up the survey. on Question 1, "Do you want survival to be reset" it should be a straight yes no i dont know answer, option 4 is a reason, and doesn't stand well in the options.
Question 2 is also confusing, as i personally cannot tell the difference between Now (1.7) or Next Update, as they are both the same thing.

But yeah, as i said i cant say much due to my inactivity but i think the majority would like a survival reset, apart from the few loosing their life's worth in bases and items.

LeonDaMundt

Quote from: DEADShotMartini on October 26, 2013, 06:52:09 AM
I stand nowhere on this, neither do i care what happens as i cannot access the server so i will happily support any decision that is made, BUT man you messed up the survey. on Question 1, "Do you want survival to be reset" it should be a straight yes no i dont know answer, option 4 is a reason, and doesn't stand well in the options.
Question 2 is also confusing, as i personally cannot tell the difference between Now (1.7) or Next Update, as they are both the same thing.

But yeah, as i said i cant say much due to my inactivity but i think the majority would like a survival reset, apart from the few loosing their life's worth in bases and items.

Ugh, sorry for that, I'll fix the survey soon :)

me455

Uber_duck

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
― Bernard M. Baruch

TheAmazingBobert

I'm going to say no support, we just got the world up not that long ago, and there have been so many world changes these last few updates that it seems we're making a habit out of world resets. Also there has been so much work put into the bases in the world already, and sure you might Argue "But what about all the wrecked land?!" Well you can travel more that 62 Thousand yes thousand blocks from spawn, there is plenty of space. I think the reset should be a last resort deal where the survival world is in such disrepair that we need to do something.

No Support
"Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick, it will take you far" -Teddy Roosevelt
"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - John F. Kennedy

raperv26

QuoteI'm going to say no support, we just got the world up not that long ago, and there have been so many world changes these last few updates that it seems we're making a habit out of world resets. Also there has been so much work put into the bases in the world already, and sure you might Argue "But what about all the wrecked land?!" Well you can travel more that 62 Thousand yes thousand blocks from spawn, there is plenty of space. I think the reset should be a last resort deal where the survival world is in such disrepair that we need to do something.

True, but if the world won't be reset, we can't gain access to the full extent of the new update. All those new biomes, the new wood blocks, etc.

TheDarkWolf

I was just talking with Colby, who mentioned that chunks that have never been rendered before by any player will spawn as the new biomes if players are willing to venture out to un-rendered areas.

I will support the survival reset, if that's what everyone wants to happen. The new biomes would certainly mix things up and help to show off the new update, as well as give us a "clean slate" to get rid of any potential complications that we might have had with 1.6.2/1.6.4.

If we're going to reset the map, I will also suggest making a new spawn. A flat platform in the air with water to jump into below, at ground level, would be perfect. No tower, no pillar of any kind, just jump down or don't jump at all. This way player's can't pull other players off of spawn with fishing rods, there would be no disputes over where spawn is ends and where pvp starts, and there would be less complications.

Lepid

I think that this is a good idea, I played Minecraft 1.7.2 and it's great. :)

Support

Lepid

Exi

I don't support this. Like TheDarkWolf said, there are tons of unexplored chunks in the world that can still be rendered with the new biomes. There's only a fraction of the survival world currently explored so I don't see the use for a new world, especially when now people are coming in survival and the factions have their bases set up.
And I think it would give off a bad message, it's too early to do another reset. It's like we're saying "Hey, come make some awesome stuff so that we can reset it for you and you can start all over again." I'm all for a new creative world though but that's a different thing ofc.

LeonDaMundt

Thank you everyone for your honest opinion, I'd like to say that I shall reveal the vote count when a senior staff member tells me to, at the moment right now, 7 people have answered.

shuff

Well,i don't want to offence anyone,but with supports or no supports,the survival SHOULD restart,because there are new biomes,and new things that should be added.

LeonDaMundt

Guys, remember voting rather than just saying your opinion here, there are more replies of people here than the actual survey.

Exi

Quote from: shuff on October 26, 2013, 10:52:12 PM
Well,i don't want to offence anyone,but with supports or no supports,the survival SHOULD restart,because there are new biomes,and new things that should be added.

Did you even read what I just said?