News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

IDK if you can do this

Started by AOCreation, February 09, 2014, 11:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AOCreation

well i dont know if you can do this but if you could find a way where you just click the auto update button to make it update all of the list so that all the newer kaise updates area available that would be nice because last time i did the force update on your client i only got to 1.5.2
85loY.jpg" border="0

Exi

@Kaise perhaps set up an SVN which you can update the launcher yourself every time you have an update?

Kaise123

Quote from: AOCreation on February 09, 2014, 11:27:48 AM
well i dont know if you can do this but if you could find a way where you just click the auto update button to make it update all of the list so that all the newer kaise updates area available that would be nice because last time i did the force update on your client i only got to 1.5.2

I have wanted to do this before, But haven't been able to. Also, if you are using the newer version of my client you should be able to get to 1.6.4, But after that you need a newer launcher. The problem is that at 1.6 and somewhere during 1.6.4 Mojang made changes to their launcher, and that stopped you from being able to use the old one to download/manage newer versions of the game. Future releases of my client will download newer, vanilla versions of the game if you choose to update.

Quote from: Exi on February 10, 2014, 08:49:04 AM
@Kaise perhaps set up an SVN which you can update the launcher yourself every time you have an update?

I've always wanted to do this but I actually don't know how and couldn't find any easy way of doing so. Although, I haven't tried since the new launcher. Does the new one support using an SVN and then setting the correct URL's in the profile?

Another issue with this is file names and things. When using an update, if it changes Minecraft versions or updates a mod and the mod is named differently, the game will crash on launcher. Ideally the update needs to create a new profile/folder for the game (Which would require manual intervention). Still a good idea. Let me know if you can do it because I'll look into it further :)
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

Exi

Well I just said that you could do it but it isn't worth it so it seems. I have experience using repository hosting for sharing the mod's files I'm working on along with other team members ( http://tripminestudios.com/ ) and I have noticed everything is quite complex. not only do you need to let your users download software such as TortoiseSVN, Subversion, ...; they also have to update the SVN's themselves and it doesn't happen automatically. Basically I think you'd be better off by uploading it online and just notify people of the updates there instead of using SVN since I don't believe it would be beneficial to set it up for such a small project such as a launcher.

If you really want to try doing it I can look more into it but in general I'd say you'd be best off by sticking to FTP links xD

EDIT: A shared cloud storage would maybe work out better as long as nobody but you has writing rights ^^