News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

New Forums

Started by Th3_Night_Shadow, April 18, 2014, 04:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Th3_Night_Shadow

Hi I dont know if i post here or in the suggestion thing.

I was wondering if you can give us back the old Chat System (like facebook as an example ) which the old forums had.

P.S Kai this is for you. Now I understand why you forgot to many things. CAN YOU PLEASE STOP EATING EUCALYPTUS LEAVES PLEASE. (dont take as a offense).
By Th3 Wild Player

:P

olei

I was wondering why there is no chat anymore
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

TheAmazingBobert

The chat is actually gone because it was Resource intensive, Even websites like this cost money to host, And with the new forum look as you guys have seen kai had to pretty much completely put everything back, so there might be quite a few things missing. Like the spoiler issue we had before, I'm sure he will fix things as time goes on and he finds them, but I'm not sure if he'll add the chatbar back.
"Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick, it will take you far" -Teddy Roosevelt
"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - John F. Kennedy

Th3_Night_Shadow

Ok Bob thx for repplying
By Th3 Wild Player

:P

Kaise123

There are 2 reasons behind the lack of the chat bar being re-added. The first is that it is somewhat resource intensive like Bobert said, and can slow down the forums. The other reason is that it doesn't actually work properly with the new theme, as it goes behind the new navigation bar down the bottom of the page. I could remove the nav bar, but that would be annoying.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire