News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Moderator Application

Started by TheDarkWolf, July 05, 2013, 02:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDarkWolf

Hello,

I'm Will. I'm 19. I'm male. I'm a Builder. Most of you already know me. I've been playing on KCv2 since, I think, May 24th of this year and have so far enjoyed my time here. According to what Zlexy has told me, you guys are short on mods at times, and he has already asked me once before if I would apply for moderator so I could help out on the server when things get rather thin. I realize that I haven't been a member for long here, but if you guys would be willing to give me a chance, I'd be appreciative. I know you're all a great bunch.

Basically, I've been gaming my entire life. I've played on consoles and P.C., though I have no experience acting as a moderator in game. My experience as a moderator on a message board is limited, but I know how to do it.

I also have no knowledge of WorldEdit, other than a basic understanding of what it can do. I do not know what WorldGuard is, other than it may be some form of protection for people's creations without adding it to some sort of Residence list. At least, that's what I think it does. I do not know what CoreProtect is, and when looking under the application guide, that's the first time I've seen it mentioned before. So there's definitely some learning to do.

I do have a very basic understanding of Residence.

I know how to use, "/res list", "/res remove (name)", "/res select expand 255", "/protect (name)", "/home (name)", "/delhome (name)", "/home list", "/list", a few basic faction commands, "/i (itemname or ID) (quantity)", "/back", "/warp (location)", "/ignore", "/tpa (name)", "/tpahere (name)", "/pay (name) (quantity)", and "/help". Really just all of the basic commands that most people need to get by with in game.

The way I've done things so far is trial and error. If I needed something command wise done, I've always asked either a mod or admin what the command may be, or I've searched through the help pages using, "/help (1,2,3,4,5,6)". The same thing with faction help: "/f help (1,2,4,5,etc.)". I have no qualms about learning things myself or looking things up.

Overall, I'm a very fast learner when it comes to technical things. I tend to pick up things very quick and do take an interest with how things work. My aspiring profession is to be an automotive mechanic, and basically everything I've learned is stuff I've either figured out on my own, or looked up and learned, or learned from others. When it comes to numbers, I sort of have what you would call a photographic memory, though I'm not good at advanced math skills like Calculus. I do have a long attention span, but if it doesn't capture my interest it might as well be dust in the wind. That's part of the reason why I'm not good at math. I have no interest.

I'm known for a very critical attitude towards things in real life. Obviously the person you see in game is just one facet of a person's personality. I'm usually a quiet person, who likes to pay attention to detail versus just hunting for the obvious things and leaving some drawers unopened, so to speak. I love to do things by myself and usually prefer to do things alone. A few people as of late who have requested a TP to me have basically been told that I was busy and it would have to wait. That's not to say that I'm an anti-social person. Quite the opposite, as a matter of fact. If I like you, I'll talk. If I don't, you won't hear anything from me. Likewise if I don't know you. And, when I'm conversing through text or chat in-game or on a web-page, bear in mind that I'm basically letting you read my thoughts. That's how I've always seen it.

When it comes to getting along with people, I can get along with most everybody that's willing to give others a chance. People can only take so much when it comes to ignorance, lack or respect, or lack of effort, and I'm a person who usually doesn't tolerate laziness or unwillingness to learn. I do have a very high tolerance threshold for many things (including pain and numbing medicines. It takes three shots of Novocain to numb my mouth at the dentist) and am a generally open person. I do have preferences for things, however. I do not drink, I do not smoke, I do not do drugs, and have no desire to get involved with any of that. If you like to do it, then that's good for you. That's your thing. That's not mine. Just don't force it on me and we'll be kosher. I have an open tolerance to people's sexual preferences, and don't care what you're into or what you do. I'm straight, for what it's worth.

As far as languages go, I speak fluent English. My grammar is outstanding when I wish it to be. I have dabbled with learning different languages as I've been progressing through life and found I have a distaste for Spanish, but I like Japanese, German, French, and of course English. I can not speak anything BUT English, as far as that goes. I do know simple phrases and can learn phrases and understand basic things given the knowledge.

Availability of time can depend on a variety of things. Overall, I'm pretty free now, as I don't have a job. When I do end up employed, I will be available most nights from 7 or 8 until midnight. I do enjoy playing the game and usually get on whenever I'm bored or need something to do that I enjoy doing. Outside of this game, I do have my hobbies and my obligations like everyone else, but my lifestyle has me pretty glued to a computer at home right now.

I just downloaded Skype, per Zlexy's request. My username on skype is Wjeds4, and I'm primarily a textual person. I generally detest telephones and any other voice communication media, as I feel it is impersonal, just like text is. However, I have no qualms about talking through text.  I live on the East Coast of the United States, Eastern Standard Time, and you're free to get up with me here or on Skype if that's your thing, or you can send me a PM requesting my email and I'd be more than happy to converse through email.

So, that's more or less it and if you guys need anything else I'll be happy to provide you with more information.

Thank you.

My Shoe Wanker

Know you really well, hope all goes well for you, Will!

Kaise123

This is an excellent application, And the information and manner in which you have presented it is outstanding. However, Your major point of failure is your command/plugin/moderation knowledge, although I do appreciate the honesty :)

While I give you my support, I recommend that you Google/YouTube for some at least basic understanding of WorldGuard and CoreProtect, As they are very important components to understand as a Moderator. WorldEdit is also a very powerful tool that must be properly understood to be used, So you might want to do some learning on that aswell.

Good luck :)
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

scottymac223

Support! Nice guy, never a nuisance :)

Zlexy

I support. Nice guy, great application and active.

Exactly as Kai said, though from my point of view your lack of knowledge isnt too worrying as most people pick up the commands as they go along, and other staff are there to help anyway
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."

Smoove

Nice app, I personally think you would make a wonderful mod, you got a great sense of humor, and as for knowledge you can always ask staff for help as said above.
~Support

Hij

Amazing application, and a great personality. You can easily learn those commands through Google or just ask any staff member any time you need help with them. Due to a major acceptance through every admin and most mods, you have been accepted. Add me/Zlexy on Skype so we can get you into the staff chat!