News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Ranks small change

Started by 1bigdog, February 06, 2014, 01:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1bigdog

What is it im subjesting: I think to get more people on the server there should be a New outlook with some of the ranks, You know the player one not staff (Guest, Citizen, builder, Engineer)
There should be a creative world for those ranks And W:M should be with a plugin ranks that if you play for a certain amount of time you get a certain rank with there own permissions

How would this help: It will get a people want to stay on longer

What are the exta info:
New / guest  - 0 hours
Elder - 5 days (extra permissions that new / guest dont have (ex: /top, /me, etc.))
And there will be more just cant think of more

For the creative world there is a plugin for that a person can buy a plot set at a price
Plugin Links:

OnTime: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/ontime/
Plot Me: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/plotme/

More details:

Now what im saying is
If you play for X amount of time you get added to a new group
which gives you more access to commands but that access is limited to 5 more
then you gain access when you get instead of X amount of hours
it will be Y amount of days, That will give you access to more commands
but you will still have the Citizen, Builder, Engineer ranks for Creative mode witch is accessed in the Creative world '[W:C]', '[W:CN]', '[W:CE]' thease ranks are achived by how skilled and how much effort you put into getting the ranks

The ranks from melon which is a server that gets over 900 people is mostly from this its a way to make this server have more purpose other then just getting ranks (im not saying anything that is related to melon and the ip is 100% diffrent from 'Melon'(this is not advertiseing))
This could help allot with getting ranks, The Melon  ranks for this are
(no prefix) Defult - 0 hours of playtime - limited commands
(no prefix) builder - 5 hours of playtime - 5 more then 'defult'
[elder] elder - 5 days of playtime - 5 more then 'builder'
[legend legend - 15 days of playtime - 5 more then 'elder'
[myth] Myth - 30 days of playtime - 5 more then 'legend'

plotme details:

ok so the ' Citizen, builder, engineer' ranks still exist but...
They are earned in the Creative world
and they are the same ranks as they are in W:M
plot me is designed to allow a player to claim a plot at a certain size without a moderator haveing to go through the trobble of giveing them permission
it also makes a sign at the side of the plot giving detailed info on the ID the player who claimed it and how big it is there can be multible plots for how much it is
small: 1000
medium: 2000
Large: 3000
it also has an ability to give the owner of the plot more control over it they can allow others to build in it or not 
I believe with enough work and access I can restart KCv2 from where it left off with all it's worlds and ranks and core concepts!

I need YOUR help to ensure a smooth new beginning. Reply to this post with "Let us bring back the infamous KCv2!"

If you have active contact with Kaise123 please tell him to contact me! I am eager to get the files necessary.

TheAmazingBobert

I like the idea, but something like this is setup for more of an RPG, or maybe a game type designed for a mass amount of time spent ingame, it's awesome, if we wanted players on longer. But the server is in need of more players, not to have them on longer, also the players we have stay on plenty, I think the server is fun enough without a different rank system, and on the rank system we already have incentives for the ranks we have, and these ranks provide plenty of hours of fun and building to achieve, and say we did have this, that'd mean staff ranks would be achievable by anyone who felt like sticking around long enough to get it(THIS IS BAD NEWS). We don't want every player getting staff, look at the mishaps we've had in staff I.E LeonMundt. this staff member created a huge mess. I think this is a bad idea for the gaming environment we have setup and would disrupt the perfect things we already have.
"Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick, it will take you far" -Teddy Roosevelt
"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - John F. Kennedy

TheDarkWolf

I think this would be neat if we could take pixel world and turn it into a purely creative world, seeing how it's just pixel creations and nobody else is really doing much on there. After thinking about it longer, i'm not sure if we should use the ontime and plotme plugins.

I'm eager to see bunni's post on the new ranks idea that she had, and the ranks she thinks we should add to the server.

TheAmazingBobert

Quote from: TheDarkWolf on February 06, 2014, 01:43:10 PM
I think this would be neat if we could take pixel world and turn it into a purely creative world, seeing how it's just pixel creations and nobody else is really doing much on there. After thinking about it longer, i'm not sure if we should use the ontime and plotme plugins.

I'm eager to see bunni's post on the new ranks idea that she had, and the ranks she thinks we should add to the server.

That'd be cool, but adding this plugin, if after the last few years I've done my homework right, would cancel out pex... meaning.. no more ranks in general. so we could turn the pixel world purely creative, and even throw in a plot world plugin and make it a fun new addition, but the first half, I don't buy into.

1bigdog

I just edited it it is more detailed now
I believe with enough work and access I can restart KCv2 from where it left off with all it's worlds and ranks and core concepts!

I need YOUR help to ensure a smooth new beginning. Reply to this post with "Let us bring back the infamous KCv2!"

If you have active contact with Kaise123 please tell him to contact me! I am eager to get the files necessary.

TheDarkWolf

I personally don't know a thing about the plugin. Perhaps if it could be enabled on a specific world and set so that it doesn't interfere with pex, it would be okay. However, why have two ranking plugins on the server? It's best just to have one, and I like Pex.

I'm all for a creative world, especially given that I've had a player on recently that showed his disapproval over the lack of a genuine creative world. It's like they felt ripped off when they got on and it wasn't real creative. The creative world might end up actually casting a shadow over W:M and making players just want to play creative or survival.

I also wouldn't want a new set of nether or end worlds. We have 2 nethers and an end already. The end doesn't get much use except by a few choice players, and the nethers are almost not used at all, except for the survival one.

TheAmazingBobert

I see that you edited, and the extra info is great, but it doesn't change that this plugin clashes with pex.. it'd still destroy the ranking system we have now..

EDIT: No big quotes, boobert. ;-; ~ Wolf
EDIT-EDIT: Okay ;~; ~Bobert

1bigdog

That'd be cool, but adding this plugin, if after the last few years I've done my homework right, would cancel out pex... meaning.. no more ranks in general. so we could turn the pixel world purely creative, and even throw in a plot world plugin and make it a fun new addition, but the first half, I don't buy into.
[from: TheAmzaingBobert (today at 02:47:08)]
(the quote wasn't working so i just copyed it in here
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im not sure if it does or not but on melon the pex and ontime are compatible now

TheAmazingBobert

Quote from: TheDarkWolf on February 06, 2014, 01:54:03 PM
I personally don't know a thing about the plugin. Perhaps if it could be enabled on a specific world and set so that it doesn't interfere with pex, it would be okay. However, why have two ranking plugins on the server? It's best just to have one, and I like Pex.

I'm all for a creative world, especially given that I've had a player on recently that showed his disapproval over the lack of a genuine creative world. It's like they felt ripped off when they got on and it wasn't real creative. The creative world might end up actually casting a shadow over W:M and making players just want to play creative or survival.

I also wouldn't want a new set of nether or end worlds. We have 2 nethers and an end already. The end doesn't get much use except by a few choice players, and the nethers are almost not used at all, except for the survival one.
This is all true, but the main world keeps a survival aspect while you still get to use all the commands and take advantage of your rank, so maybe there'd be a shadow, but with the amount of players we have on already that love the main world so much, I figure that both the creative and main world would get their share of use

1bigdog

ok so if it does quote i hope
and I belive it will my friend TreeDB (an admin on 4 servers and an owner on 1)
is an expert he can even edit the plugin to fix the problems

also i think it is enabled to a certain world
and what pixel world i never heard of a pixel world

TheAmazingBobert

anyway, I've shared my opinion on the matter. I'm totally game if the players and staff are up for renovating the pixel world into a creative world. but I'd hate the idea of changing our ranking system, as I already miss the old staff ranking system, and I'd hate to think what the older players in the server would do if their ranks were taken.

TheDarkWolf

Pixel world is currently unloaded, which means it's not accessible at the moment by anyone unless it's reloaded.

I would be okay with getting rid of World Nether and re-configuring pixel world to support creative. Nobody really uses W:MN, and this would free up more room for W:C.

Or, if we have room (Kai would have to tell us if we do) just keeping the 5 worlds we have and setting up the new W:C.

Also, bigdog, we're not bringing in a totally strange player to us to modify and set up a plugin. We have 4 or 5 people that do that already.

1bigdog

Ok understand that and when and if the 'Pixel world' is getting removed or reconfigured can i atleast see it before its removed?

Kaise123

As to new ranks, I'm against the idea. We already have a number of ranks and I believe that if we want anything added to these existing ranks, it would be easy to find a place to fit it. There's no need to add more ranks when we don't have anything to give them.

The idea of ranking up based on PlayTime was actually used on the server shortly during it's beta phase. I quickly discovered that OnTime is an incredibly unreliable plugin, and really applications are good because they draw people to the server. If we think that it would be good to get Citizen/Builder via playtime (Maybe 15 hours for Citizen and 30 hours for builder) OR an application, Maybe we need a seperate poll for that?

As for a creative world, I'm ok with adding one if we want. There's noting in particular that's exciting in the PixelWorld. But do people really want a flat creative world? This was never really the aim of the server, and I feel that adding all 3 world types (Pure survival, Something in-between where it's a bit more relaxed, and pure creative) is a bit broad to manage and becomes untidy.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire