News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

peaceful fac take soo much member

Started by night_fury1, March 06, 2014, 11:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

night_fury1

hello ... i have some suggestion about peaceful fac , here it is ... my faction name is TheKingdom , and it is not a peaceful fac ... that mean , un-peaceful fac need another fac to raid , to raid we need much power , to gain power we need more members cause too many people like in peaceful faction, but .. because the peaceful fac , that very hard to get members , so the point in this suggestion is : please add some member limit for peaceful fac, 10 , 15 or any .... Thank you ~ Peace

allanski

Ik I am facing same problem I thought it was just the way everyone hates Leon why nobody interested In Zenentrick but there are too many dam peacefull factions and most people go with them.
The point Im making is that I agree with Night because there really is too much people in peacefull factions.
I would also like to point out that people building by spawn and making and outpost blocking off exitis away from spawn  I think that this should not be allowed beacsue why need a oupost by spawn anyway? I made one because all others done it :P.

steve123

If you are going to talk about peaceful factions know what you talking about NewAthens has 13 InArms has 5 Imerim has 5 and LoneApstle has 13 if you put use together we still have less then Zenentrick at it high point and as for the outpost i set mine up to keep at least one way open encase someone tries building a wall around spawn again I.E. the old zenentrick
Quote from: allanski on March 06, 2014, 11:42:34 PM
Ik I am facing same problem I thought it was just the way everyone hates Leon why nobody interested In Zenentrick but there are too many dam peacefull factions and most people go with them.
The point Im making is that I agree with Night because there really is too much people in peacefull factions.
I would also like to point out that people building by spawn and making and outpost blocking off exitis away from spawn  I think that this should not be allowed beacsue why need a oupost by spawn anyway? I made one because all others done it :P.
i agree there are too many peaceful factions i dont know why the last two where accepted (no offense to the other peaceful facs)
and as for Zenentrick its a dead name ruined by leon nobody wants anything to do with it sorry

TheAmazingBobert

I just in general dislike Zenentrick, I dislike it's legacy, it's original owner, and the type of mindset that comes with the name, I spent a long time trying to destroy them, and it looks like I shall be doing it again.
"Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick, it will take you far" -Teddy Roosevelt
"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - John F. Kennedy

Deimos

I agree there's too many peaceful factions.

If it's up to me only 1 peaceful faction would be allowed. We at least need a limit that sets a maximum.

Hij

Which is why, back when I came up with this idea, there was a limit on peaceful faction numbers. Back when this idea was put forth, almost nobody wanted to be in a peaceful faction...everyone wanted war. Times have changed now, so I do believe that there should be a maximum of 3 peaceful factions, with a member limit of 10 EACH. No alts, either. That's just my idea, since peaceful factions were started because of me :P

Exi

Quote from: Hij on March 12, 2014, 04:24:33 AM
Which is why, back when I came up with this idea, there was a limit on peaceful faction numbers. Back when this idea was put forth, almost nobody wanted to be in a peaceful faction...everyone wanted war. Times have changed now, so I do believe that there should be a maximum of 3 peaceful factions, with a member limit of 10 EACH. No alts, either. That's just my idea, since peaceful factions were started because of me :P

I cannot agree more. Anyone else who supports this?

TheDarkWolf

I do not support a limit on the number of peaceful faction members nor shortening the amount of peaceful faction positions available. I believe it's fine the way it is. I believe it would force us to remove some members from peaceful factions, and this in turn would hurt our image as well as the server's image of how it accepts its players.

I also think limiting the number of peaceful factions would be counterproductive to limiting the people in the factions themselves. If you take away a few peaceful factions, then the people are just going to move to another peaceful faction that has open slots. It wouldn't in any way create a raid-able fac.

I would, however, support a limit on RAIDING factions. Too many people in a raid-able faction actually makes the faction unable to be raided. If you limit the people in the raiding factions, they'll have to find another raiding fac to go to or make one themselves.

baroompsycho

Quote from: TheDarkWolf on March 12, 2014, 06:53:16 AM
I do not support a limit on the number of peaceful faction members nor shortening the amount of peaceful faction positions available. I believe it's fine the way it is. I believe it would force us to remove some members from peaceful factions, and this in turn would hurt our image as well as the server's image of how it accepts its players.

I also think limiting the number of peaceful factions would be counterproductive to limiting the people in the factions themselves. If you take away a few peaceful factions, then the people are just going to move to another peaceful faction that has open slots. It wouldn't in any way create a raid-able fac.

I would, however, support a limit on RAIDING factions. Too many people in a raid-able faction actually makes the faction unable to be raided. If you limit the people in the raiding factions, they'll have to find another raiding fac to go to or make one themselves.

^I somewhat agree with this and I can also see where everyone is coming from. I don't think that we should purposely remove members/disband peaceful factions since it would be unfair to them. Instead, how about we just let nature take its course by allowing peaceful factions to be disbanded themselves (if they no longer want to be peaceful) or if they break a peaceful faction rule, then they'd have their peaceful status revoked? We would still keep the applications closed to limit the amount of peaceful factions until there would only be like 2 peaceful factions left, then we could just keep it at that number. :P

Kaise123

We could in fact place a limit on ALL factions to make it fair?
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

allanski

Kaise that is a good idea its good except people will make different faction branches like us Templars (New Zenentrick) , we are working on 2 servers right now and we are planning of spreading our factions into different area's like TeamGt (Team Grifing Templars who are sabotagers) Teamplars (The main part) abd currently we are starting to work on adding more branches.

Well back to the point limiting every factions member limit would be usefull but people would make factions with themselves share them as if a single faction so this could possibly dystroy the quotas (limits).

Hij

Quote from: Kaise123 on March 13, 2014, 08:23:51 PM

I actually believe this COULD work, though an avid Survival player will probably come with something to go against it as always :p. I don't see much wrong with it, other than a problem with someone who wants a certain person to join if they had a full faction (though you can just kick an inactive). I wouldn't see a power limitation being an issue, rather making it more fair for the entirety of survival.

Maybe make the limit 20? That's still a LOT of members compared to our userbase that's still active. Hell, 10 was a pretty decent size.

night_fury1

10 members per fac , is a good idea ,, Agree with that

Kaise123

Quote from: Hij on March 15, 2014, 01:50:31 AM

I actually believe this COULD work, though an avid Survival player will probably come with something to go against it as always :p. I don't see much wrong with it, other than a problem with someone who wants a certain person to join if they had a full faction (though you can just kick an inactive). I wouldn't see a power limitation being an issue, rather making it more fair for the entirety of survival.

Maybe make the limit 20? That's still a LOT of members compared to our userbase that's still active. Hell, 10 was a pretty decent size.

What is the largest number of members currently in a non-peaceful faction? I think 20 is a bit excessive. How about 15?
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

Hij

Quote from: Kaise123 on March 17, 2014, 08:09:05 PM
Quote from: Hij on March 15, 2014, 01:50:31 AM

What is the largest number of members currently in a non-peaceful faction? I think 20 is a bit excessive. How about 15?

That sounds just about right, either 10-15. Of course, others need to voice their opinions before anything else happens, but this'll sound like it will work ;)