News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

misbehaving mods

Started by DarkSanctus06, November 06, 2013, 12:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkSanctus06

Recently I have heard from some players and seen this myself that some mods (they shall remain unnamed) have been using the vanish command to kill people in survival. How can we prevent this and what should the punishment be?

iTroll

Vanish is usable in survival? If it is, it's totally not acceptable. Please show proof if you have any.
Le god of le troll~

Msg me if you need help or have questions :D

shuff

Quote from: iTroll on November 06, 2013, 02:17:09 AM
Vanish is usable in survival? If it is, it's totally not acceptable. Please show proof if you have any.
iTroll, I don't think he needs proof because he is the friend of Kai In Real Life. He is asking which punishment should be taken for these mods.

DEADShotMartini

Quote from: shuff on November 06, 2013, 02:25:24 AM
iTroll, I don't think he needs proof because he is the friend of Kai In Real Life. He is asking which punishment should be taken for these mods.
Tell me how that makes any difference whatsoever, unless there is proof or the mods actually own and fess up to using it we cant do jack.

On the other hand, What we can start by is by removing the vanish ability. As for the punishment, a temporary demotion or a warning depending on the circumstances would be most favourable.

shuff

Quote from: DEADShotMartini on November 06, 2013, 03:55:05 AM
Tell me how that makes any difference whatsoever, unless there is proof or the mods actually own and fess up to using it we cant do jack.

On the other hand, What we can start by is by removing the vanish ability. As for the punishment, a temporary demotion or a warning depending on the circumstances would be most favourable.
Sorry, I thought that if somebody is the friend of the owner, He doesn't have to give proof to report somebody, well, I was wrong.

baroompsycho

Like DeadShot said, we can remove the vanish command in survival from them if they continue to misuse it as well as punish the staff member. However, I'm wondering who these staff members are along with whether or not you have any proof. If you do have some evidence, posting it would be greatly appreciated. :) I know that you don't feel comfortable telling us what the names of the mods are, but if you could at least share what level they are, that would be awesome as well! (If you want to privately message either I or another Admin the names, we can have a nice little chat to mod about this issue.)

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Zlexy

Message baroompsycho, Kaise123 or myself the name of the moderator(s) please!

Thanks for the feedback. :)
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."

DarkSanctus06

it should be removed anyway the fact that we can use the vanish command is total rubbish!

DarkSanctus06

Just spoke to kai and he said if i catch anyone doing this they will be getting fired immediately  :)

Ender Dragonite

So you're saying that if I was Kaise's friend in real life, I could ask him to ban anyone I want even if they have done nothing wrong? That's stupid...

I think I like Pokemon ^_^

DarkSanctus06

if you actually read what i said. i clearly stated anyone caught using /vanish will be getting fired from staff

DarkSanctus06

also i dont report to people i just notify kai and only kai!

Kaise123

I'm not going to fire anyone here, But I've removed the permission from lower rank mods. It's actually pretty useful to have.

If it happens again take a screenshot/record some sort of proof. There are generally reasons for things, but if someone is actually vanishing for their own benefit then it would result in an immediate demotion.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire