News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Could Elites....

Started by My Shoe Wanker, June 30, 2013, 10:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Shoe Wanker

Could Elites have the power to /Nick themselves? I've come up with a few boundaries/rules for this command, as some people might abuse it.

Rule 1: No Nicknames longer than 10 Chars (characters)
Rule 2: No nicking yourselves that might be offensive to anyone - example - [Elite] You_All_Suck
Rule 3: No making nicks that have any swear words in them

These are the 3 basic rules I've come up with that goes along with this command. Please consider :)

Zlexy

Nah, you wouldnt need to enforce those rules in the first place if we kept it the way it is.
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."

Kaise123

It would be nice if Elite's could nick themselves, But the things you already stated are issues that we have the staff setting nicks for in the first place. There is no way to enforce those rules, And it's good for Staff to keep an eye on names of people. It's also better, As someone could keep changing their name to avoid bans, etc (Spamming, Then changing their nick we have no way of identifying them from screenshots, etc)
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

My Shoe Wanker

Quote from: Kaise123 on June 30, 2013, 06:19:21 PM
It would be nice if Elite's could nick themselves, But the things you already stated are issues that we have the staff setting nicks for in the first place. There is no way to enforce those rules, And it's good for Staff to keep an eye on names of people. It's also better, As someone could keep changing their name to avoid bans, etc (Spamming, Then changing their nick we have no way of identifying them from screenshots, etc)
I found out this server has a command named /realname. You can find who the person really is by typing "/realname <nick>". On the old server I played on, they had something similar.

Kaise123

Quote from: MattyXZ on July 01, 2013, 09:23:22 AM
Quote from: Kaise123 on June 30, 2013, 06:19:21 PM
I found out this server has a command named /realname. You can find who the person really is by typing "/realname <nick>". On the old server I played on, they had something similar.

Yes, But how can you issue commands when all you have is a screenshot? You can't see people's past nicknames.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire