News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Preparation and what'll happen for 1.6 update

Started by Zlexy, July 01, 2013, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zlexy

Hey all, I would just like to put a message across to everyone on as to why the server might take a little longer to update onto 1.6 (depending on how long it takes Bukkit to update) and also what will happen during the course of July

Server will not be updated tomorrow (1st of July). Every server which has plugins requires Bukkit or some 'type' of Bukkit software to run. Bukkit needs to be up to date before the server can run which can take anywhere between a few days to a few weeks to update to 1.6.

Kaise goes away on a vacation on July 8th, so hopefully Bukkit will be updated by then, if not then I will have to update it (unless he can get WiFi or an internet connection) though I have work every 2nd day so if the situation comes down to it, please don't nag me or Kai to update. We will do it eventually, one of us will atleast.

As it stands, only me and Kai are the ones who are equipped enough to update the server, now ofcourse Kai is the better of us 2, and I am not the real expert when it comes down to it. If the scenario happens that I myself need to update the server due to Kai being away, then please allow me some time for me to update everything. While Kai is away, he might have WiFi, he might not at some times.

During July, Kaise will be away meaning that he won't be available for contact at most times. I will 'take over' from his role if you like and me and the other admins will be 'in charge' (if you want to put it that way) until his return, and I will try to assist everyone in many of the things he does daily (including donations ETC) however I must apologise if I cannot assist you in the full detail like Kaise can.

If you have any questions, then feel free to post them on this thread, or ask me or Kaise privately.

Thank you!
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."

Kaise123

Thanks Zlex, That pretty much covers everything that I was about to post myself. I *Should* actually have internet for a reasonable amount of time, and I'll make sure I'm able to update the server, so unless extreme circumstances present I should be able to do it.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

Zlexy

Yeah hopefully you'll have internet, if problems pop up though and you don't have internet (for whatever reason) then I will probably fix them. Nonetheless i'll have it covered while you're gone so dont worry too much ;)
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."