News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Survival World For Guests

Started by Kaise123, September 23, 2013, 12:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should KCv2's Survival world be open to all ranks?

Yes
8 (44.4%)
No
8 (44.4%)
With conditions (Reply to post)
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: October 03, 2013, 12:07:15 PM

Deimos

Wolf's idea is indeed a very good idea. And HanSolo's addition is even better. I support this fully:

Guests can join survival, without creating a faction but they are allowed to join one.

This way we allow everyone to play and enjoy survival in an honest way, but they aren't able to make factions for instance to claim area's just to annoy other people. I hope this is technically possible to realise? Let's wait for word from Kaise.

Kaise123

I also agree with that. Still, We will wait and see what the votes say, Although it already looks like it will go ahead. And when it does, It's certainly possible to set it up in a way that allows Guests to join a faction but not create one.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

TheDarkWolf

What would happen if they had a buddy who was a citizen who made the faction for them, then just handed over leadership? Doesn't have to get citizen, therefore no incentive? Didn't create the faction using "/f create" so therefore gets to become leader?

Guests should be able to join survival, but can't join and create factions. This is the simplest, easiest way that keeps the incentive and keeps people from creating multiple junk accounts to get up fac power so they can't be raided.

me455

That's a good idea, but I truly think, survival should only be for citizen +, it gives a reason to apply for higher ranks on this server.

And that's why I voted NO.

Kaise123

Quote from: TheDarkWolf on September 25, 2013, 02:08:32 PM
What would happen if they had a buddy who was a citizen who made the faction for them, then just handed over leadership? Doesn't have to get citizen, therefore no incentive? Didn't create the faction using "/f create" so therefore gets to become leader?

Guests should be able to join survival, but can't join and create factions. This is the simplest, easiest way that keeps the incentive and keeps people from creating multiple junk accounts to get up fac power so they can't be raided.

That's a fair point... But remember that them getting Citizen doesn't really do them any favours if they just joined to play Survival. Perhaps there needs to me more incentives...

Exi

Quote from: Kaise123 on September 25, 2013, 02:23:36 PM
Quote from: TheDarkWolf on September 25, 2013, 02:08:32 PM

That's a fair point... But remember that them getting Citizen doesn't really do them any favours if they just joined to play Survival. Perhaps there needs to me more incentives...

That's why keeping them away from the factions plugin would be a great thing, it takes away the danger of too much griefing and gives them something to work for.

Cj -Master of Trollz

Quote from: LeonDaMundt on September 24, 2013, 08:12:45 PM
Quote from: Tyler-Odell on September 24, 2013, 07:00:40 AM
I don't agree because of the last post that suggested this the guests would totally mess the survival world up with griefs and ragers sorry no support On This

Although everyone has his own opinion, citizens builders and literally every rank grief in survival, true or not? So guests will literally add some more manpower to that. The survival world will be "messed up" when everyone is encased in their 300x500 obsidian bases, and don't allow anyone else to do anything :P, and about raging, dosent everyone do that these days? Your opinion is still yours, but I wanted to say this :)
well Yea sure That might be true but if you really think about it wouldn't just make it worse? A quote my grandfather used to say " If something is bad That doesn't mean you should give up and make it worse, but try and make it better." also One of the moderators ( I dont remember who ) said that it would ruin the reason to apply for Citizen
"I fear not the man who has practiced 10000 kicks 1 time,but the man who has practiced 1 kick 10000 times" ~Bruce Lee

Kaise123

Considering this was a draw, I'll enable it because of the users that voted 'With conditions'. Guests will not be able to create factions or join them, With the possibility of being able to join factions later depending on feedback and testing.