News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Staff application : Deimos

Started by Deimos, November 15, 2013, 06:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deimos

Dear forum,

After having played for over 4 months on this server, and having spoken to lots of fellow players, I believe the time is ripe for me to apply for a staff position on this server. In the following sections, I'll try to explain as clearly as possible my motives for doing so, and why I believe to be an asset to KaiseCraft's staff.

My real name is Nicolas B. I'm a 20 year old student, living in the cold and rainy Belgium. My mother language is Dutch (Flemish in fact), but I'm also a fluent English and French speaker, I have basic notions of German. My subject of study is Physics & Astronomy and I'm currently in my 3th year of University. This means school is actually my 'full time job'. I try to do as much side-activities as possible though, sports, going out with friends and playing some Minecraft from time to time.

In Minecraft, my most frequent activity is playing on the Survival world. Communicating with other factions is something I really enjoy doing, as well as building my base, constantly trying to make it better. Apart from survival I play on my own creative world in which I build complex redstone networks that could be an asset to the Survival game, especially automatic systems.  My basic knowledge of electronics certainly helps with this ;). In fact I had no experience with Minecraft before KaiseCraft. I started playing this game after my brother advised me to do so, meaning this server is the place where I learned most of my Minecraft skills.

The way I'd see my possible function as a moderator is the following. I have a decent activity on this server, meaning I'm able to see and notice a lot. Not only players whose behavior isn't like it should be, but as well problems that are due to technical issues on the server. As a moderator, I'd feel obliged to describe these well, and posting them on the forums or contacting Kaise123. I know he isn't able to be online all the time, so an extra set of eyes is no unnecessary luxury.

Furthermore, I'm willing to be an active member on the forums. I'm not such a frequent poster, however I read everything and only interfere if I think it's necessary. I like to found my arguments properly and I despise bad grammar, which brings me to another point.

I think this server is in dire need of some, let's say, maturity. Doing a quick search, I already figured out I'm among the oldest players here. I think it wouldn't be a bad thing to have more adult staff members. It makes communication a lot easier and pleasant (mostly older people know their English better, and have better verbal skills).

Next, I'd like to talk about the commands I'd need to know. Of course, since I have no previous experience, I don't know them all by heart. I did some Wiki-readings however and I think I know the deal. Furthermore, my brother Exigopro told me he's more than happy to teach me how to use them.

I think KaiseCraft is a very good server. And even more important I believe to get along quite well with other players. That's the main reason I kept playing here, and why I'd like to help making KaiseCraft even better.

To finish with, I'd like to state that I'm very curious to hear your feedback. Please don't be afraid to give your proper opinion, and if there are any questions or remarks, shoot.

Greetings to you all!

Deimos

Kaise123

While your application doesn't have the largest amount of detail, I like the way that it's one of the only recent applications that hasn't copied the same basic format. Based on not only the information provided but your previous activity here, I certainly support your application. From what I've heard, I don't know of anyone that would have an issue with supporting you. Good luck, I'll leave it open for others to post their opinion, etc.

E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

Michael5017

:O Dus jij bent belgisch? (Ben Hollander)

Btw. support
Its a good, friendly guy

shuff

I've been waiting a long Time to see this, And you finally made an application.
You are an extremely good guy, never cause any disturbance to other players.
-Support, and If you're accepted, I'm sure you will make a good job like your brother Exi is doing ;).

TheDarkWolf

I didn't know any commands when I applied either, so don't sweat commands. It's really easy to pick up on.

I support you. I haven't EVER heard anything bad about you, and you're active on the servers and maintain a respectable aura.

-SUPPORT :)

Exi

Lepid

Quote from: Exi on November 16, 2013, 04:00:02 AM
You have my support ;)
Any reasons why? xD

Anyhow, I must that this is a very nice application :)
And as wolfy said, Its ok that you don't know the commands.
You can learn them and your brother is an admin.. Lel You're a very nice player and I'll be happy to see you as a mod. :)

-Support

Luxey

Support!

Excellently written application, Deimos! Hopefully, my support goes a long way! :)
~Luxey

TheAmazingBobert

Deimos I like your application, it's well written and you're indeed Fluent in English. Although I'd have liked to see the commands they are as wolf said easy to get the hang of, although I'd recommend asking for help with World Edit. I think you could easily make it as a mod, and I'd like to see you given a Chance, but seeing as I don't see you often and cannot give much of an opinion other than what I see, until that changes I'm afraid I'm going to stay
Neutral for now

-Neutral

"Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick, it will take you far" -Teddy Roosevelt
"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - John F. Kennedy

Zlexy

I support. You seem cool and everything.

I'll leave it up to Baroom though
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."

HanSolo

Nice app, stands out from the others (Which is a good thing to me). Heard good things from you

-Support

Signature by: TriickyzTrix

baroompsycho

Really well written application and your behaviour in game so far has been great. :) Just add either I or level 1337 Admin on Skype to join the Staff Chat.