News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Application for Mod... from so much pressure... o.o

Started by Akahitoha (AiriSchwartz), July 09, 2013, 10:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akahitoha (AiriSchwartz)

Name:
Miyuki Shimizu (English Name: Angel Rivera  - From my father's side)

Languages:

- English (Fluent)
- Japanese (Semi-Fluent; spent too much time in Canada... eh? XD)
- Cantonese (Fluent; forced to learn... o.o")

IGN:

AiriSchwartz

In Game Faction:
Crux (Peaceful)

***Excuse my English slang, too much Internet...***

Current Kaise Server Activity:

I started a little later than most people here I think but got to the point where everything seems to fit into place. I started playing in May and usually I'm also usually online every day for at least an hour, usually 3-5 hours depending on my summer course schedule and work. I'm still playing on another server, a private server hosted by a friend in school for students AND teachers who played minecraft ... The controls are very different due to the massive amount of functions and "worlds" the server has.
***Important: There are some times I cannot come on at all for a day or so due to my special classes. Don't Panic~ I did not die~ X3. I will be back soon ^-^

Before Kaise...: 

I've played on a private minecraft network hosted by a friend in school for only the school's players only. I have played in that server for only about a month and helped out as an "unofficial" moderator (there's no rank structure in place). I was able to find and acquire a lot of experience helping others out, solving conflicts and other things regarding moderator the server. The problem with this private server was that the commands are experimental and not in public domain (my friend kinda modified the entire set to his own liking). I think I can re-learn the commands though, may just take a little more time.

Old KaiseCraft:
Sadly, I've never been on the old Kaisecraft. I started playing minecraft without the knowledge of Kaise server ever existing :P. It was due to another friend who plays minecraft introduce me to this server.

Activity after KaiseCraft:
I use my time in minecraft usually in Kaiseserver. So nothing after KaiseCraft~ :3 (at least at the moment).

Reasons for Moderator Application:
-   I've been wondering about trying for moderator for a long time, there has been so much "pressure" from other mods for some reason and I'm getting interested in creating and "hosting" minecraft events (special parkour tournaments/pvp tournaments and such on a server level).
-   I was some of an unofficial "mod" in the one month on my friend's non-public server. There was quite a bit of bugs with the server commands and block ratio (it contained many addons like More Bows. Too Many Ores, Too many Items, and yeah that sort). In this server, some people exploit glitches and I realize that sometimes I am on the server when no other mods/admins are, maybe I could help stop the glitch-using and detect them earlier so the server can benefit from my fun with "experimenting and fixing" the glitches.

Why I SHOULD be a Moderator...?
Seriously, I do not know what it takes in game to be a moderator. The guidelines are very... "vague" and apparently, sometimes, things do not go expected (hello? Is smooves on? Yeah, I'm talking about him XD).  But apparently, there are a few moderators that say I'm very mature, not "volatile" and easily have my "anger" in check (even when I'm going ballistic I stay under a "calm" front online and offline ...maybe go punch my pillow later on to release that steam).

Why the heck am I typing in Paragraphs? I don't know. Maybe it feels more professional. Maybe I just like it. Three things I THINK I should be a mod that I came up with myself: 1) I do not use "strong language" even when riled up. (I'm guessing Kai stuck smooves in the world with a free-fire license...) 2) When I have a responsibility to follow, I stick with it and don't take any loopholes or lazy-my-way-outta-here. 3) The most important reason is this HRR:

H – helpful to others when they need it. (The difference between NEED and WANT is taken into consideration).

R – Responsible not only in game things, but also in chat~ Don't use strong language in the presence of young children <3 ^-^

R – Respecting others, both older and younger doesn't matter, respecting another's rights, fun, and "game life" in minecraft is a must. Keep that dirty stealing hand outta Steve?'s treasure chest X3.

Skills:
[spoiler]-   BBCode is, although not my forte, probably one of the more comfortable typing systems that I can use. I've been to many other forums before and have actually created a test forum myself (I closed down the test forum when I kinda got bored).
[/spoiler]

-   I'm good with basic World Guard controls. World guard can:
[spoiler]o   Block damage done to player(s). (Creeper Explosion, Fall, Others)
o   You can disable Endermen from picking up blocks... fire/lava spreading... etc
o   Blacklist certain items and blocks so they can't be used.
o   Warn moderators when certain items and blocks are used
o   Protect areas of your world so only certain people can build in them.
( /region addowner "regionname" "player")
( /region addmember "regionname" "player")
( /region info)
( /region delete "regionname")
( /region claim "regionname")

And a few others I kinda forgot...

o   Set areas where PVP, TNT, mob damage, and other features are disabled... Some people don't want such things and would like it out of the way.
o   Protect your server from various 'exploits' like magical obsidian creation machines (still trying to figure out the inventory glitch from nether to overworld and regular world enderchests to survival world enderchests)
o   Disable, or enable, various Minecraft features. (Like sponges from classic). Apparently, this needs some work... I'm going to see if Kai is willing to put a "Too Many Ores" mod into the server (which adds Ruby, Copper, and a few other ores + equipment for ruby, emerald, and even obsidian).
o   Add useful commands like an immediate "STOP ALL FIRE SPREAD" command. These types of commands are useful for stopping unwanted "quickly destroying  stuff" problems.
o   Enable only features you want! Everything is off by default... of course.
-   I kinda unfamiliar with the commands, although I do know a few.
[/spoiler]

-   Core Protect
I know about this, especially since it's the server's Anti-Griefing Tools:
[spoiler]o   There's data logging
o   Rollbacks that do not lag server (including restores).
o   MySQL support (if you want)
o   Block Inspector~
o   Multi-World Supported
o   Track Trees
o   Commands are easy to use~
       ( /co [rollback/restore/lookup])
                     •    u:"user"
                     •    t:"time"
                     •   r:"radius"
                     •   a:"action"
                     •   b:"blocks"
                     •   e:"exclude"
[/spoiler]

-   Residence...
I use this a lot before so I learned a few...
[spoiler]
- /res select "coordinates"
- /res select chunk
- /res select expand "amount" (face the direction of expansion)
- /res select size
- /res select shift "amount"
- /res select vert (For Vertical Top to Bottom)
- /res create "residencename" (Self-Explanatory)
- /res area "add/remove/replace" "residencename"
- /res remove "residencename"
[/spoiler]

Forum Knowledge
I'm great with forums, although  sometimes I get lost X3... I don't go on forums too much (more like go on forums while logged in because I FORGET to login)... I'll go on more when I HAVE to be responsible for such things...

I don't know... Diion_Beyer (Dii-chan I call him~ X3), smooves, even Zlexy seems to advent me for the position... I guess I'll just have to see how it turns out. Mew~
Additional Information:
Sixteen years old~ just 1 year over the moderator age minimum X3... English isn't my first language, but I can read, write and speaking fluently. Hm... ... ... what is there mew~?

Zlexy

Wow. This is one of if not the best application ive ever seen. I have literally not ONE criticism or any way to improve, you're a great person too. I am definitely supporting you.
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."

Diion

i support you in you endeavors for reason that you application had already covered ;D

if the entire world fallowed the assumption that it must operate based upon an eye for an eye, everyone would have horrible depth Perception o.O

Hij

Other than the obsessive use of colours, I've not one complaint as well. I definitely support you!  ;)

baroompsycho

Definite support from me Miyu! That's one of the most impressive, unique, and entertaining to read mod applications I've seen in an while. I've seen you in game quite a bit, and your behaviour so far has been impeccable. I hope that you'll join our team of staff as soon as possible. :)

Smoove

Quote from: Zlexy on July 09, 2013, 10:23:04 AM
Wow. This is one of if not the best application ive ever seen. I have literally not ONE criticism or any way to improve, you're a great person too. I am definitely supporting you.
I agree.
Support.

Zlexy

I dont think i really need to say much more. 3/4 admin support (and Kai isnt even here to comment), along with 2 sr.mods. Congratulations

--Application accepted--
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."