News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Storytime with the legendary DEADShotMartini

Started by DEADShotMartini, July 14, 2022, 08:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEADShotMartini

Hello,

Today is my 24th birthday so to celebrate let's have a throwback. 2022 also marks just over 10 years since I first joined a server. I found Kai's cracked launcher on piratebay around Christmas 2011 when I got my very first laptop, however this was not the first server I joined. His launcher came pre-loaded with a number of servers and the one I joined first was one owned by someone who went by the name of LonelyGhost16. However within the week of me joining he had shut his server down and so came Kai's, which back then was know as ServerCraft. I initially thought this place was an absolute shithole because I couldn't leave the spawn area. I had absolutely no idea what "/warp spawn" meant and I just kept dying in the lava pit you couldn't cross without warping. My greatest claim to fame in these times was my faithful recreation of Villa Auditore from Assassins Creed. The server had an Admin by the name of Kody (A person Kai knew personally IRL from what I remember), who turned out to be a massive AC fan, and when he heard of my build he checked it out and gave me a free rank upgrade. f**king. SCORE. The admins were basically Kai's irl friend group and it was nice to get to know them.

I keep playing, meet new people (MrCG, Vida, Earl, DeadCell, Prash, Diion, MrBuble and everyone else who's in game name now escapes me), we expanded as a server, built some shit and had some fun. Eventually server staff applications were open and I applied, being one of the first people to get in and got my fancy new name: ScS_Roach. People on the server staff team got to have their own little moniker next to their name and rank, and if memory serves me right I ended up being "King of Mean". Cringe. A little while later, around the end of Spring 2012 the server had an identity change. ServerCraft was gone and in comes the legenday KaiseCraft (v1)

Being the addicted teenager with nothing else to do, every waking moment I had I spent on this server, taking maybe 1-2 hour breaks every evening to play League of Legends (speaking of addictions...). Many things happened and much fun was had (and many people were annoyed by me abusing my server staff powers). I remember one distinct event that happened around 2012-2013 where someone who used to be affiliated with the admins/Server who had gone away a little while before ended up getting into the servers commands on the hosting website and hacked it, griefing a lot of the map and changing everybody's rank to [COCKMUNCHER]. I watched this as it begun and saw it till he finally gave up. I force rebooted the server at least 20 times in the span of 3 hours that day just to annoy him enough to get him to piss off. It worked.

KcV1 never ended up dying. Rather Kai wasn't interested in continuing the server and the files were handed over to a man who was another server staff member called "Fulksayyan", a guy who, lets say, most of us didn't get along with on with. He had repurposed the KcV1 files and rebooted it under the name MDyndamics. The people who did get along with him ended up going with him to work on this new server. The man also responsible for paying the bill on the server and forums for KcV. MisterDarkness  (or something close to that) ended up going as well. To this day that man's bank account is responsible for the fact these forums remain online (at least I believe so).

Fastfoward a little bit to autumn of 2013 and the old skype squad gets hit up by Kai saying he's interested in firing up another server. Old players catch wind and make their return along with new people joining us and so KaiseCraft v2 began, and boy we had some fun didn't we? KcV2 only lasted for less than a year but in the time that it existed we had a server with a population of old players from ServerCraft/KcV1 as well as the new players from Kai's latest launcher releases. My babies such as Nyanland, the Krusty Krab Klan, the dumbass midnight group Skype sessions and the countless shacks in the woods with random underground labs are creations I still remember.

Unfortunately our end came to in June 2014. It's been 8 years since we closed up shop and it's lovely to see the familiar names still yeet random messages in the forums.

Me? Somehow I ended up getting a Masters degree in Chemistry working with a very well respected professor for my Masters Research project. I now have a very good job that has absolutely f**k all to do with my degree. Overall very little has changed. I still play video games and watch anime. Oh, and I think I got a little better at guitar.

My Discord is 🍸˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞#2574 if anyone wants to say hi, and to top it all off how about I DOXX myself like I did back in 2013 with today vs 9 years ago IRL pictures. I ended up bringing the iconic hair back today.

To those who read this, and those who don't: I hope you are all well, and everything continues going well. Have fun!

Kai if you ever lurk here, I noticed you deleted your Facebook I used to have you added on. Drop me a message sometime. And thank you for deciding to crack a game. Your decision to do so created a community that clearly many of us still remember quite fondly.