News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Our Forum and Server

Started by My Shoe Wanker, July 01, 2013, 09:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Shoe Wanker

We (Me and Michael5017) have currently made a forum name MCGeneration, if you would like to visit us, please do so, here: http://forums-mcgeneration.co.nf/index.php
We have gotten most of our forum ideas from Kaise's forums, however Michael came up with the idea to use SMF.

We currently need help with actually creating a server. We want it to be a FREE NON-PAID 24/7 MINECRAFT SERVER THAT IS SELF-HOSTED. We searched it on the web, and it came up zilch. So I decided to post here and ask for any suggestion. Please do not include Hamachi. Port forwarding is also not possible as of Michael did it, it will lag he's computer, and if I were to do it.. Well.. I don't have a computer - only a laptop, and I Could do it, I wouldn't be able to as I barely know nothing about it. If someone could post a suggestion, it would be much appreciated. We would surely thank you lots and reward you when you help.
Thanks.

iLiviDzZ

You should use this website called Hamachi.com or even try to portforward on your router.
poop comes out of my butt

My Shoe Wanker

Quote from: iLiviDzZ on July 01, 2013, 09:53:37 PM
You should use this website called Hamachi.com or even try to portforward on your router.
I explained why those two options were crossed out. That's why I'm asking for extra help here.

HanSolo

Port-forwarding is not going to slow your computer down, and if you really don't want to do it there is no other way than to pay someone to host your server.

Signature by: TriickyzTrix

My Shoe Wanker

Quote from: HanSolo on July 01, 2013, 10:43:33 PM
Port-forwarding is not going to slow your computer down, and if you really don't wanna do it there is no other way than to pay someone to host your server.
Michael explained to me, that it doesn't slow his computer down, but lags his Minecraft. So if he were to port forward and make the server, but still wanted to play on KaiseCraft, he wouldn't be able to because it'll lag he's Minecraft.

LeonDaMundt

The above reason Michael told about his computer lagging while port forwarding makes sense because, if he has low resources (Ram GPU etc etc.) He won't be able to play on the server Kaisecraft because both of these actions will take huge sums of memory and resources.

On the other hand; I can easily help you guys in hosting, because its not a big problem for me, right now I have 20 MB/S connection, and my computer can handle up to 10-12 guys with ease, if the server is not over loaded with useless plugins I'll be willing to help. Well sure, it won't be totally 24/7 it rarely may have downtimes of 1-2 days depending on the situation.

Michael5017

Port-forwarding doesnt make my PC slow.
It only lags when i make a server (2GB RAM)

My Shoe Wanker

Quote from: LeonMundt (Gunner) on July 01, 2013, 11:09:57 PM
The above reason Michael told about his computer lagging while port forwarding makes sense because, if he has low resources (Ram GPU etc etc.) He won't be able to play on the server Kaisecraft because both of these actions will take huge sums of memory and resources.

On the other hand; I can easily help you guys in hosting, because its not a big problem for me, right now I have 20 MB/S connection, and my computer can handle up to 10-12 guys with ease, if the server is not over loaded with useless plugins I'll be willing to help. Well sure, it won't be totally 24/7 it rarely may have downtimes of 1-2 days depending on the situation.

We'll really appreciate it if you help us host!

Zlexy

Quote from: MattyXZ on July 01, 2013, 09:22:34 PMFREE NON-PAID 24/7 MINECRAFT SERVER THAT IS SELF-HOSTED.

Impossible unless you have a dedicated computer/home-run server set up for it, even at that, you'd need to have the power connected constantly. PS, free and non-paid mean the same thing, lol
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."

My Shoe Wanker

Quote from: Zlexy on July 02, 2013, 10:10:45 AM
Quote from: MattyXZ on July 01, 2013, 09:22:34 PMFREE NON-PAID 24/7 MINECRAFT SERVER THAT IS SELF-HOSTED.

Impossible unless you have a dedicated computer/home-run server set up for it, even at that, you'd need to have the power connected constantly. PS, free and non-paid mean the same thing, lol
Well, I've kinda got it figured it out. LeonMundt said he had no problem to help us host, so hopefully he'll be able to when he sees this.

LeonDaMundt

Oh sorry, didnt see this thread in a while, wish we had a @LeonMundt system, that when someone does that I get notified somehow.

Anyways, yeah it'll be a pleasure for me to host you guys, although I can start today; the problem is that righ now I'm in second home in ban other city, and we haven't really bought a nice connection there yet. Yeah, it can be ok for testing. But I don't really think it can support more than 3 players.

My Shoe Wanker

Quote from: LeonMundt (Gunner) on July 02, 2013, 09:08:26 PM
Oh sorry, didnt see this thread in a while, wish we had a @LeonMundt system, that when someone does that I get notified somehow.

Anyways, yeah it'll be a pleasure for me to host you guys, although I can start today; the problem is that righ now I'm in second home in ban other city, and we haven't really bought a nice connection there yet. Yeah, it can be ok for testing. But I don't really think it can support more than 3 players.
Not a lot of players.. It should be at least 15 slots... But will that lag your mc in any way?

Kaise123

To add to this, PortFowarding does not effect your computer AT ALL, The reason he would Lag is because the server is using up CPU/RAM, Therefore you shouldn't run Minecraft and a server on the same computer.

Also, It is IMPOSSIBLE to have a Lag Free server hosted for free/at home, Unless you basically live in a datacentre. The connections supplied to residential sites are just not made to host a server, and the latency will be far too high even if you have the bandwidth. Overseas players will never have the same experience on a home-hosted server.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

shuff

Hi there
Me and mohamad1965 and you Michael5017 are making a server called too ArcadeCraft.
We will make it mini games and i am an Administrator on it.
The admins are me,michael5017,Baroompycho and mohamad1965 is the owner.
We are searching for one more admin but we didn't find him yet.

My Shoe Wanker

Quote from: shuff on July 10, 2013, 10:36:33 AM
Hi there
Me and mohamad1965 and you Michael5017 are making a server called too ArcadeCraft.
We will make it mini games and i am an Administrator on it.
The admins are me,michael5017,Baroompycho and mohamad1965 is the owner.
We are searching for one more admin but we didn't find him yet.

Umm.. How about me? :P