News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Resource Packs

Started by karathorhikari, August 24, 2013, 03:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karathorhikari

Can someone who has made one before write a guide for creating a resource pack? Everytime I try youtube or anything else it doesn't work, and the only time I've been able to even get the pack to show up on the in-game menu, it didn't actually make any of the changes. Maybe Windows XP is just doomed, I don't know.

LeonDaMundt

Really easy, if you can't understand this tut, I'll make you one with pictures.

1. Okay first off, you'll need a texture pack, let's use faithful texture pack for this example.

2. Open Minecraft, and go on Options > Resource Packs.

3. Now, in the down right left corner, you should have a button called "Open Resource Packs Folder" click that, and it should lead you to a folder.

4. Now drag the texture pack to the folder, it MUST be .rar or .zip it comes like that, you don't need to extract it.

5. Close the folder after dragging the .rar / .zip file, now click on done in minecraft, and close it.

6. Open minecraft and go again to Options > Resource Packs , click on the resource pack (it should be there now), and then start playing!

-------
Hope I helped  :)

Kaise123

Quote from: LeonDaMundt on August 24, 2013, 04:39:18 AM
Really easy, if you can't understand this tut, I'll make you one with pictures.

1. Okay first off, you'll need a texture pack, let's use faithful texture pack for this example.

2. Open Minecraft, and go on Options > Resource Packs.

3. Now, in the down right left corner, you should have a button called "Open Resource Packs Folder" click that, and it should lead you to a folder.

4. Now drag the texture pack to the folder, it MUST be .rar or .zip it comes like that, you don't need to extract it.

5. Close the folder after dragging the .rar / .zip file, now click on done in minecraft, and close it.

6. Open minecraft and go again to Options > Resource Packs , click on the resource pack (it should be there now), and then start playing!

-------
Hope I helped  :)

Don't quote me on this but I'm 99% sure it has to be a .zip ;) I don't think Minecraft supports resource packs in a RAR format.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

$-Superbotar-$

Or just download auto texture pack adder on skydaz.
Superbotar

karathorhikari

It worked. I just downloaded a pre-made resource pack with everything in it, some of which looked different or extra to the guides I've tried to follow before. I was able to separately change things within the pack I downloaded, and it all works. I think the problem is that most guides leave out details or get small details wrong. I think the problem is my computer sucks. It's a complicated process, more than it needs to be. Really, it's a piece of crap. Anyway, once I had the resource pack downloaded, changing things in it was actually easier than doing it the old way. It's just getting it to that point that was like brain surgery.