News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Luxey's Moderator Application

Started by Luxey, November 16, 2013, 02:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luxey

Luxey's First Moderator Application

Hey fellow KaiseCraft v2 members! After actively playing since around August the 7th and achieving all the free ranks possible, I have finally decided to apply for one of the most prestigious ranks on the server A.K.A. moderator! I'd just like to thank you all ahead of time for reading my application as it means the world to me. I hope you enjoy reading it, and without further ado, here is my first Mod application!

My IGN is 'Luxey' as some of you may recognize me from in game encounters! I generally spend 3-4 hours per day playing on KaiseCraft v2, depending how much work I have in real life. Since my love and passion for Minecraft as well as the server is continually growing (especially with the new 1.7.2 update), I plan on playing on the server even more often! To keep myself constantly interested, I spend my time in the main world, building new projects and completing old ones as well as creating new Redstone contraptions with my newly obtained Engineer rank. While I am just at the Moderator Age limit, I hope that my maturity, actions, behaviour, and application well surpass the expectations, allowing me to be accepted as a Mod. My Skype username is Luxey123. I was born in and still reside in Canada, making English my first language. I also have a basic understanding of French and can carry on a simple conversation. By being bilingual, this means that I can help players more effectively and efficiently.

Unfortunately, I have never had any previous moderating duties, so everything will be fairly new to me. Don't worry though! Not only do I consider myself a relatively fast learner, I have seen a few staff members talk about what commands they use in different circumstances. Moreover, I've read through World Guard, World Edit, and Core Protect commands as well as watched numerous YouTube videos on how to utilize these commands properly. I often learn better by actually typing in the commands as it'll help me memorize them, but I have a basic understanding of when I should use each command. I would be more than happy to undergo a quiz on my knowledge. As for my activity on the forums, I do check it regularly, but I rarely actually post anything since it isn't always necessary. My posts, so far, are composed of my applications for Citizen and Engineer. As for my familiarity with the forums about locking, modifying, and moving topics, I think that I know how to do it. I may or may not need a refresher later on, but as of right now, I should be good to go. :P

In my past applications, the first sentence of why I wanted the rank would be something along the lines of how much I like to build. Now, I'm much more focused on helping the community and its players become closer as well as helping them solve day-to-day problems. After reading the "Role of a KCv2 Staff Member" thread, I completely believe that I am up to the challenge and fit well in the beginning Level 1 Moderator rank.

With 23 staff members, I already know that there is definitely not a shortage of staff. But there are, undoubtedly, players who may join the server in certain time zones where Moderators are not available. Even though I, along with other players, try to assist them, it would be much more beneficial if I could use simple protection commands. Not to mention, it would be more than an honour to be a part of the KaiseCraft v2 staff team!

From what I remember, I don't think I have ever been in trouble (meaning muted, jailed, or banned) or caused any trouble. Even though I have been playing KaiseCraft for a while now, I tend to be a little bit quiet and shy when I'm building, so I don't talk too much in game. However, when someone is in trouble, I can assure you that I am by their side helping them with whatever problems they have. I'm not entirely sure what other players think of me, but hopefully I have a good impression on them!

Annnnnnnd that concludes my application! Thank you once again for taking the time out of your busy lives to read my Moderator application! Feel free to leave me any comments about what I need to improve on, or what your opinion of me is! :)

~Luxey

TheDarkWolf

SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT

~ Wolf

P.S., you have my support. no reasons needed.

shuff

I Support you, you're a great Girl, I like you a lot, you have never been in any trouble with any players.
Support ;).

EDIT:I'm so sorry Luxey, I did not know that you're a girl.

TheRedStorm

You are the Universe expressing itself as a Human, For a little while !   :)

DEADShotMartini

Im not in game very recently but i have seen you on-line when i was and i have heard great things about you.

For that reason

- El Supporto

Deathdefyer99

Quote from: shuff on November 16, 2013, 06:32:57 PM
I Support you, you're a great guy, I like you a lot, you have never been in any trouble with any players.
Support ;).
Hate to break it to you but luxey's a girl, but that's besides to point.
I have heard great things about you, in fact when you posted your app me, wolfy, bobert/jake, baroompsycho/emily, and shadowmimic/david were recording and when wolfy saw it, he and jake flipped their shit in excitement I'm assuming that they want you as mod and after hearing more about you from them, I want you as mod and I'll get to know you more. Good luck.

Support
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but if they do, I'll kill them."
~Toby Turner

shuff

Quote from: Deathdefyer99 on November 17, 2013, 04:32:07 AM
Quote from: shuff on November 16, 2013, 06:32:57 PM
I Support you, you're a great guy, I like you a lot, you have never been in any trouble with any players.
Support ;).
Hate to break it to you but luxey's a girl, but that's besides to point.
I have heard great things about you, in fact when you posted your app me, wolfy, bobert/jake, baroompsycho/emily, and shadowmimic/david were recording and when wolfy saw it, he and jake flipped their shit in excitement I'm assuming that they want you as mod and after hearing more about you from them, I want you as mod and I'll get to know you more. Good luck.

Support
Haha already fixed it.

TheAmazingBobert

Luxey I have seen you in game and I know that you've never caused any issues of any type, you're too quiet, and I've seen some fantastic builds from you, along with a display of a massive amount of Patience toward other players. I know that you could very easily make it as a mod, so I'm going to support you.

-Support
"Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick, it will take you far" -Teddy Roosevelt
"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - John F. Kennedy

Deimos

Yesterday, I met you for the first time and you seemed like a very nice person to me. I will support your application since your application, as usual, is perfectly written. I hear you're a very patient person, which I believe is a very important skill for a moderator. Hope to see you soon with the crew!

baroompsycho

From what I've seen so far, you seem like you're a relatively good player. Not only that, but your application is also well done. :) I can promote you to your forums/in game rank now and just add either I or a 1337 Admin on Skype to join the Staff chat.