News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

IMPORTANT DOWNTIME INFORMATION

Started by Kaise123, January 06, 2013, 09:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaise123

I have ordered a new hosting plan with Creeperhost which will be set up within the next few days (I'm hoping Monday american time). I am going to be cancelling the service with our current host in favour of the new one from Creeperhost as they offer much better pricing and features, And after doing much research they seem to be the best option available.

What this means to you:
As a player on the server, you are probably wondering what this means to you. Well, It means that the server will be getting an upgrade from the current 1.5GB of RAM to 3GB, And that the  number of slots will be increased to 30. While this is all good news, Due to the server moving to a new host, The IP address of the server will change resulting in 'server.kaise123.com' being down for a few days while it is updated to the new IP address. I will post a backup IP address here for everyone to use while the 'server.kaise123.com' address is down.

Also, If I am able I am going to put up a 10 slot Teamspeak server. Let me know if you would be interested in using this feature.

If you have any questions or comments please post them below, And please encourage anybody else you know on the server to read this so they know what is happening.

UPDATE
The new server is now operational, And the server world and plugins are currently being ported across, and the redirect updated. I'll post the IP address once everything is set up.

The new server is up and running, And open to public. Everything seems to be working fine but please do let us know about any errors or problems you may be having. As it turns out, The temporary IP address it not required as the redirect updates instantly :D
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

DeadCell

Awesome, thanks for the update. I will be looking forward to the performance of the new Server after the upgrade, I do have a comment of the Teamspeak feature. While this is a great feature to use, I sadly won't be able to use it, so I would suggest that use it, but do not make it a requirement for people to apply. Example (I know this is old...) Mdyanmics required people to use Raid which I would assume is a Teamspeak sort of program where people would need to voice chat instead of normal chat which I can't do (house and family related).

Anyways, thanks for the information. I would relay this thread to the Server to inform anyone who does not know on the Server to make sure word gets out about this!

Keep up the good work buddy!

Exi

Very good news, I hope everything goes as planned. I believe a Teamspeak server is a great idea as long as we all agree on talking English on it ;)

Zlexy

woohooooooo it means i can finally not have to wait 20 minutes to join the server because it is full! and obviously i dont need to keep calling you at 3 in the morning (for me - which costs me 3.49€ per minute) just to tell you the server is down and i cant restart it from console ahah :p also looking forward to the teamspeak server too, been having a few voice calls with people like Smooves, Deadshot and Sexymf. :D
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."

scottymac223

Woo! Great news! Also like wanyama ive been having voice calls with a lot of people, but skype arent always the best for quality xD Teamspeak would be awesome ;D

Red

Finally, more server space! Hope those features would be nice too, looking forward to the next few days. Guess I'll have to get a microphone set for team speak however Dx
Former account on original ServerCraft/KaiseCraft/Mdynamics (ThePokeruler)

The color that you see when your bleeding, is none other than red.

"Red is the ultimate cure for sadness." --Bill Blass

Kaise123

E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire