News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

[INFO] Possible change of Faction plugin!

Started by Zlexy, July 22, 2013, 07:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zlexy

Hey guys.

We're thinking on changing the Factions plugin to SimpleClans and we're wanting to know what you all think. Currently, Factions is giving you guys (the players) and us (me and Kai) alot of grief. They've really messed up the whole plugin, and it is a really unsuitable plugin for the server now.

We are wishing to change to SimpleClans which hosts a variety of awesome features that are alot of fun, at the expense of some others.

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/simpleclans/

Things that are in SimpleClans that AREN'T in Factions:

- Clan capes!
- Clan announcements, announce attacks to your clan mates.
- Wars! The ability to 'start wars' with other factions officially and have it broadcasted to the server!
- Kill leaderboards! See who has killed the most players
- A much simpler process with commands.

Things that would be lost if we were to switch over to SimpleClans:

- Peaceful factions (THERE COULD POSSIBLY BE A WORKAROUND FOR THIS - don't panic).
- The ability to claim over an enemy factions land (there could also be a workaround for this, dont panic)

Let us know your opinions here.
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."

LeonDaMundt

Support SimpleClans, factions isn't the best now and SimpleClans is way better.

raperv26

SimpleClans look a lot better than our current Factions Plugin.
It looks relatively like our current Plugin so we don't need that much intro regarding it.

SUPPORT

HanSolo

Signature by: TriickyzTrix

crnobijeli13

I kinda like the more options Factions+ provide, it should make the survival world more interesting. For an example i would really enjoy jailing and torturing ppl with the new commands.

I assume you'll be getting the PreciousStones plugin which is the ways of protection in the SimpleClans itself. I've played on servers with clans and the faction plugin has the advantage of claiming.

The SimpleClans has it's advantages tho. It has some interesting options. It replaces the claiming from factions with /clan war command. It also has more options on controlling the ranks.

To sum it up, SimpleClans would take some getting used to and would require additional plugins while Factions
+ is relatively well known.

Undecided
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Yellow

Support for SimpleClans, I am Currently bored of Factions so SimpleClans would be better and SimplyClans are way better than Factions.
~Support  8)

My Shoe Wanker

Good Points About This Faction Plugin:

• Has More Fun Commands.
  • Clan Capes.
Bad Points About This Faction Plugin::

• No Peaceful Factions. (I know this might be added, but are you positively sure?)
  • No Faction Chat.

Good Points About Current Faction Plugin:

• Has Great Commands Such As - /f jail etc.

Bad Points About Current Faction Plugin:

• Shows The Faction, But Doesn't Differ Faction From Faction By Color, For Example, Doesn't Make Peaceful Factions Yellow, And Allied Factions Green.
  • Doesn't Show [Survivor] For Engineers+ For Some Reason - Maybe That Could Be Changed, But, Still Wouldn't Be Better.

Overall, The SimpleClans faction plugin sounds and looks better.
I'll go with supporting the SimpleClans plugin.

scottymac223

Sounds awesome, as long as peaceful status can be worked out im sure everyone would agree to this switch over :3

Michael5017

Mmmm.... I never used SimpleClans, but Factions is way better. Because, it has almost all features of SimpleClans (INCLUDING capes!), but! SimpleClans is also good.

-Undecided

Quote from: (Matty) on July 23, 2013, 02:09:28 PM

• Has More Fun Commands.
  • Clan Capes.

• No Peaceful Factions. (I know this might be added, but are you positively sure?)
  • No Faction Chat.

• Shows The Faction, But Doesn't Differ Faction From Faction By Color, For Example, Doesn't Make Peaceful Factions Yellow, And Allied Factions Green.
  • Doesn't Show [Survivor] For Engineers+ For Some Reason - Maybe That Could Be Changed, But, Still Wouldn't Be Better.

1. There are Peaceful Factions.
2. Engineers does get [Survivor] (Also, that aint a Faction problem its PEX)

Zlexy

Quote from: Michael5017 on July 23, 2013, 05:14:33 PM
Mmmm.... I never used SimpleClans, but Factions is way better. Because, it has almost all features of SimpleClans (INCLUDING capes!), but! SimpleClans is also good.

-Undecided

Quote from: (Matty) on July 23, 2013, 02:09:28 PM

• Has More Fun Commands.
  • Clan Capes.

• No Faction Chat.

1. There are Peaceful Factions.
2. Engineers does get [Survivor] (Also, that aint a Faction problem its PEX)

He means that there are no peaceful setting for the SimpleClans plugin.

And just a little tip, its not a PEX problem, its an EssentialsChat problem
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."

Kaise123

This change will not be happening, So I'm going to lock the topic.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire