News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Festivals! in kaisecraft

Started by jedwere, October 21, 2013, 01:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedwere

i kinda got this idea while playing harvest-moon xD
why not make festivals for everyone to enjoy? kinda like every month wheres a server theme, like this October, maybe.. a scary plugin? like a herobrine plugin!  ;D
or when its Christmas, we can have like a date where we can give gifts to people, or maybe like change the spawn to look like a snowy Christmas theme location. just a suggestion though, but ill think it would be fun ^_^.

Kaise123

If there are people willing to implement it, sure
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

TheAmazingBobert

I like this idea :O... We should implement this... like.. seriously... that sounds like fun...
"Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick, it will take you far" -Teddy Roosevelt
"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - John F. Kennedy

baroompsycho

Agreed with Bobert, I actually really like this idea and think that it could be lots of fun! It'll also give the players something to do/play around with in game. :P

Kaise123

Alright sounds good. I'm happy to do plugin work. Who should be appointed to managing what and when events are?

Exi

What exactly would one have to do when managing these events?

Deathdefyer99

I guess create some makeshift decorations using the blocks in game for holidays Like Thanksgiving for example you got the cooked chicken for example maybe use the cauldron for the sink and maybe make a makeshift oven using some of the blocks like glass and iron and you know other stuff this is an example on what one could do
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but if they do, I'll kill them."
~Toby Turner

TheAmazingBobert

I was thinking more of a Decorate the Spawn on Holidays. And if not the spawn we could Create a warp to a city Designed for Each holiday. Both will be costly in time but once done we could reuse each, although the spawn will be fairly easy even though it's large we only have to do along the main road. And for the city thing I was thinking not a very large city 100x150 at best, and I wasn't thinking all holidays Just large ones; Halloween, Christmas, Maybe Easter. But once we were to finish the cities, if we do the idea, Said cities could be reused meaning we would only build them once. This was my idea anyway, If anyone has a different idea speak up :P.
"Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick, it will take you far" -Teddy Roosevelt
"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - John F. Kennedy

Kaise123

Quote from: TheAmazingBobert on November 16, 2013, 10:35:41 AM
I was thinking more of a Decorate the Spawn on Holidays. And if not the spawn we could Create a warp to a city Designed for Each holiday. Both will be costly in time but once done we could reuse each, although the spawn will be fairly easy even though it's large we only have to do along the main road. And for the city thing I was thinking not a very large city 100x150 at best, and I wasn't thinking all holidays Just large ones; Halloween, Christmas, Maybe Easter. But once we were to finish the cities, if we do the idea, Said cities could be reused meaning we would only build them once. This was my idea anyway, If anyone has a different idea speak up :P.

If needed, I'm happy to allow creative mode for such occasions (And also to allow it to be kept through disconnects and server restarts)

jedwere

also, during such occasions, mabye.. a special plugin? like last oct. the Pumpkin head plugin xD for the mobs
and maybe this x-mas, a x-mas helm mod? (ik this is a vanilla server, but cant we add some toppings on this vanilla once in a while?)  :D