News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

[Survival] Complete Survival World Reset!

Started by LeonDaMundt, October 26, 2013, 05:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deimos

I'm going to start of here by saying that I'm completely against a survival world reset. This for a few reasons:

I joined Kaisecraft because it has a very good survival world: old school survival with no extra perks except the MCMMO-plugin. I started playing on this survival world with the intention of building my own base, collecting materials, creating diplomatic relationships with other factions (both positive and negative ones) and more. Of course I checked how long this world would be active. I heard the previous one was online quite some time (I wasn't there but people told me so), and that's the main reason I came here, knowing my work would not be for nothing, and more importantly, that it would be durable.

Resetting the survival world would completely destroy all of this. This would indeed, as Exi said, sent off a bad message to potential players. I mean, resetting worlds all the time gives us no reason at all to stay here. If you build something today, tomorrow it might be erased. The world has been active for a few months only, but in a few months, a lot of work can be done, and a lot of things could happen, ergo, a lot of work can be destroyed. It's just too early!

I think TheDarkWolf gave us the solution to this impasse already. If it is indeed possible (and I'm taking a peek at Kaise here) to render the new biomes in unexplored areas, then we would all be happy, ain't that right? People can enjoy the new updates, and keep what they already built.

To give a quick reply to LeonMundt's "Reasons for the complete world reset":

"Fix out the glitches which occured causing people to get items."

I think we're long past this problem already. As I heard Admins (and moderators?) have sweeped inventories by searching for illegal items. The survival world has been active long enough for people to get legal items themselves such as gapples, enchanted armour and so on. Even if someone would use a forbidden item, it wouldn't be as unfair anymore as it was in the beginning. Resetting the world for this should've happened right after the world started, now it's way too late for that. And it's not necessary anymore.

"New Biomes!"

I agree, I'd love to venture out in the new biomes, but if TheDarkWolf's suggestion is applicable, I'd see no reason as to why we wouldn't be able to use these new biomes in the current world.

"New Survival Bases, Factions And Much More Opportunity"

This argument is in my eyes completely irrelevant.

"Huge inpenetrable fortresses", please. Every fortress is just as strong as what it's inhabitants know about the factions-plugin. If you know how to claim and how power versus claimed land works, even a wooden shed would be a better place to hide than an obsidian monstrosity that isn't well claimed by a faction. I'm just pointing out here, that what someone builds is not the important factor that determines the strength of a faction. Young factions with beginning players could therefore last much longer if they simply inform themselves properly. Hiding isn't a problem either. The current survival world is gigantically large. One could easily walk a few thousand blocks away from the spawn without ever being found or detected. This gives new players plenty of time to make themselves a decent match to the longer lasting ones.

Furthermore. I'm not answering this survey you put up there. It's ambiguous as there are 2 'no' answers. Splitting immediately the no support group in 2 separate teams and therefore diminishing their vote. There's an option on the forums to start a poll, so please just use that one, there's no reason for a single person to "reveal" the vote count either. I assume then there's no way of checking it's legitimacy that way.

Please people, think about the consequences of doing a thing like this. Think about our new players, and think about those who (maybe) were naive enough to start playing here and getting their hard work removed.

Greetings to you all,

Deimos

shuff

Quote from: Deimos on October 27, 2013, 08:23:37 AM
I'm going to start of here by saying that I'm completely against a survival world reset. This for a few reasons:

I joined Kaisecraft because it has a very good survival world: old school survival with no extra perks except the MCMMO-plugin. I started playing on this survival world with the intention of building my own base, collecting materials, creating diplomatic relationships with other factions (both positive and negative ones) and more. Of course I checked how long this world would be active. I heard the previous one was online quite some time (I wasn't there but people told me so), and that's the main reason I came here, knowing my work would not be for nothing, and more importantly, that it would be durable.

Resetting the survival world would completely destroy all of this. This would indeed, as Exi said, sent off a bad message to potential players. I mean, resetting worlds all the time gives us no reason at all to stay here. If you build something today, tomorrow it might be erased. The world has been active for a few months only, but in a few months, a lot of work can be done, and a lot of things could happen, ergo, a lot of work can be destroyed. It's just too early!

I think TheDarkWolf gave us the solution to this impasse already. If it is indeed possible (and I'm taking a peek at Kaise here) to render the new biomes in unexplored areas, then we would all be happy, ain't that right? People can enjoy the new updates, and keep what they already built.

To give a quick reply to LeonMundt's "Reasons for the complete world reset":

"Fix out the glitches which occured causing people to get items."

I think we're long past this problem already. As I heard Admins (and moderators?) have sweeped inventories by searching for illegal items. The survival world has been active long enough for people to get legal items themselves such as gapples, enchanted armour and so on. Even if someone would use a forbidden item, it wouldn't be as unfair anymore as it was in the beginning. Resetting the world for this should've happened right after the world started, now it's way too late for that. And it's not necessary anymore.

"New Biomes!"

I agree, I'd love to venture out in the new biomes, but if TheDarkWolf's suggestion is applicable, I'd see no reason as to why we wouldn't be able to use these new biomes in the current world.

"New Survival Bases, Factions And Much More Opportunity"

This argument is in my eyes completely irrelevant.

"Huge inpenetrable fortresses", please. Every fortress is just as strong as what it's inhabitants know about the factions-plugin. If you know how to claim and how power versus claimed land works, even a wooden shed would be a better place to hide than an obsidian monstrosity that isn't well claimed by a faction. I'm just pointing out here, that what someone builds is not the important factor that determines the strength of a faction. Young factions with beginning players could therefore last much longer if they simply inform themselves properly. Hiding isn't a problem either. The current survival world is gigantically large. One could easily walk a few thousand blocks away from the spawn without ever being found or detected. This gives new players plenty of time to make themselves a decent match to the longer lasting ones.

Furthermore. I'm not answering this survey you put up there. It's ambiguous as there are 2 'no' answers. Splitting immediately the no support group in 2 separate teams and therefore diminishing their vote. There's an option on the forums to start a poll, so please just use that one, there's no reason for a single person to "reveal" the vote count either. I assume then there's no way of checking it's legitimacy that way.

Please people, think about the consequences of doing a thing like this. Think about our new players, and think about those who (maybe) were naive enough to start playing here and getting their hard work removed.

Greetings to you all,

Deimos
+1
Forget about what I said in my old reply.

Kaise123

I originally thought of resetting some parts of Survival, Specifically the terrain. However I doubt that it will happen now. There will be a reset some time in the future, but not for quite some time (More like 1.9).

I'm not in support of this.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

LeonDaMundt

I'd like to ask over here if the decision will be taking by the votes of people, if it is, then right now more people want survival to be reset rather than people who don't. Also a quick reply to Deimos, items which were glitched I'm that period can't be detected unless they have more than 5 enchants or enchants which are not specified for their enchant. I remember myself blue and raper, being the only people with sharp V swords, now, I must say, people in my own faction have a lot of swords which are sharp v and prot IV armour, and the same thing can be said for other factions. I'm not going to specify and specific faction, and I myself have taken the items of most of the glitched survival members who have illegal enchants if they fail to give me the sword after confessing  or just flat out having enchants which can't be obtained in their respective item, but there are a lot of people still having things which aren't illegal for their class, but are glitched.

Kaise123

Leon, It won't necessarily rest on the votes of people. There are a number of other factors that contribute to the reset, And currently it's unlikely that it will go ahead.

I have, However, come up with a possible compromise. It may be possible for me to regenerate areas of the world that have not been edited, leaving bases, etc intact. Then, All areas that have not been touched will have the new biomes, etc. The issue with this is that it's very ugly. It will cause areas of land that are distinctly different from what is right next to them, as it will generate differently.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

Lepid

I think that the best thing is to NOT reset survival now, when minecraft 2.0 comes out then reset survival.(I know, I said support before, but I've spent more time thinking about this)

jedwere

uh.. no support, you heard what TheDarkwolf said, there are still so many unexplored chunks!!
more importantly, that would give it a thrill!! like traveling super far, for something worth your travel! :D

UnderTakerKiller1

TheRedStorm

You are the Universe expressing itself as a Human, For a little while !   :)

LeonDaMundt

Alright, so here we go, Kaise told me to tell you guys the results after 10 days, so here it goes:

Yes, I want a survival change: 83.33%

No: 16.67%

-------

12 People Have Responded!

So the winner apparently is Yes, survival should be reset
--------

Now for all the people who say no support, sorry for not mentioning this in the topic itself when it was posted, but here I go:

So, let's roll-back in time a bit, shall we? So we start off from my prespective, I log in, shuff is like omg i can fly omg I can fly, I go ahead and do /fly myself, and I suprisingly can, now we go into more detail, we can spawn stuff, enchant stuff, fly, /god basically anything your respective rank can do in the mainworld. Alright so, in that specific timezone, alot of people log in, but hardly anyone keeps a watch on the console, so, when elites log in, even after warning the players who know about this, they started saying that we can spawn stuff yadi yada yada, so that's where it starts to happen, easily termed "glitch abuse", now I'll tell you more about this incident, people start spawning diamonds, get prot IV armour swords and stuff. Some elites, give-away items, making every faction member of theirs literally invincible for any expert pvp'er, god apples, even 1 can easily finish off a person even if you are at half a heart, so next, people start spawning these type of stuff, so here's an example of how bad it goes, the only people with sharp V swords was me raper and wolf, after like 1 day after the glitch, I see sharp V swords everywhere, now, if I seize the swords, it's obvious that everyone will say that nooo that's hard earned, so that's one reason why survival is not at it's peak, alright next, now some items, I and other staff can seize, a fire prot sword for example, it's UNACHIEVEABLE completely, so that's good, or some items which have more than 5 enchants or amazingly obvious 32 stacks of diamond blocks or gold blocks, so now people say,"Ey bro, won't the people eventually die out?", Welp, they would, but it's like after 5 months or something? y'know why? Let me give you some examples:

Normal Diamond Armour:
                                           -Survival In Lava: About 20 seconds?
                                            -Fall Damage: 30 Blocks = Dead (Somewhat Near)
Prot IV Diamond Armour:
                                           -Survival In Lava: 3-4 Minutes
                                           -Fall Damage: More than 60 blocks
----
God Apples? Don't get me started about that! :P, alright so this explains, how invincible these people can be, and how hard it is to get rid of these items, alright so next, now people IF they do die, they probably are smart enough to start atleast one more set? Which will then again make them, literally invincible.

So now, you people ask, why now? why not before, when the glitch was happening? Well, now we also have a new update! :D Won't that help? New terrain generation, epic things like that, it'll keep survival all exciting, and you'll also be sure that no one's cheating, or the guy fighting you isn't have amazingly OP armour and he's literally invincible.

So now, 11 people have answered, I can send screenshots of the survey, I'm not giving the link publicly due to e-mails, don't wanna show someone's info.

Thanks for reading! Support Wisely, the polling will probably be closed today!

~Leon

UPDATE:Another person voted, increasing the chance of survival being changed to 83%

me455

There is not point whats so ever for a reset, we can go out to unexplored chunks, get new boimes, smooth terraine, and for like the fishing, you can still do that in 1.7.2 no matter what world (new/old), well my point is, absitlutly NO SUPPORT.

LeonDaMundt

Quote from: Rubenthecat41 on November 06, 2013, 09:52:51 AM
From what i see from this is jealousy from Leon towards everyone else's success in survival. Yes, yes i know about the time that people could spawn stuff, but not much people knew about it like you said. People were only able to spawn in whatever their rank allowed them to. So for example, a Citizen wouldn't be able to spawn diamond blocks/armor, or exp bottles to enchant it for survival. That stuff should only apply to people that can actually spawn Diamonds and enchant using /enchant. At the time, the people that are on now were Citizen/builders so not much was able to be spawned. Top point is, i disagree with this suggestion.

As I said, elites gave away items to their respective faction members, and I'm not exactly jealous of anything, actually, why would I even be jealous in the first place where my faction is literally the same?

TheDarkWolf

Quote from: Rubenthecat41 on November 06, 2013, 09:52:51 AM
From what i see from this is jealousy from Leon towards everyone else's success in survival.

Yeah... no...

Leon can be a little prideful at times (as can all of us) but he's not jealous of what anybody else has.

Exi

I'll lock this topic. Kaise has already made up his mind about this. If time comes that another big updates pops up and survival world has evolved into a state of decay, then we can bring up this suggestion again with a forum poll instead of some external poll.

EDIT: Unlocked on request of Leon.