News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

I'm Stuck

Started by Sarrathos, January 23, 2014, 02:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarrathos

So after a long time I decided to start playing on the server again. However, after flying around for a bit, I encountered a problem. I don't believe it's my connection, and for my settings I should be able to run Minecraft without lag let alone crashing. However, no matter what I do, I can't seem to get online without crashing almost immediately. One time I had time to log on, but it didn't matter because I still crashed immediately. I'm at x: -326 z:-377 y:82. And I log in and immediately it freezes and eventually either dc's me or crashes. I used to play on this server a lot so I don't think it's my connection. And I used this same computer to do it as well. Has something big changed the lag issues on this server since when I was able to play on it (back in 1.5 before the launcher changes). Is there any way to move where I will spawn if that's the problem? It might just be that there's too much going on in that area. Is there an insanely lag inducing redstone contraption nearby? Or a ton of mob spawners or something? Either way, something is stopping me from getting on. Can I have any help with that? Is a picture needed for this because I might be able to get one. Just someone help or I can't play on this server again.

raperv26

Upon my Investigation, I tried to approach the said area...
NOTE, I have moderate-good internet, I don't lag out too much...

As I was approaching the area,
at
x: -326
y: 82
z: -371

I recieved a MAJOR lag spike...
Unfortunately, I couldn't approach the main epicenter of this lag...

A word of caution...
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GO INTO THIS AREA UNLESS YOU HAVE EPIC INTERNET
YOU WILL LAG LIKE F*CK

Sarrathos

Not to mention you should probably have a good computer too. The problem is how am I going to get out of there. The only ways I could think of is if they could change where I'll appear when I log in, or if someone with that extremely good internet could get in there and try to reduce the lag. If it's not a result of something like spawners or something like redstone, then the only chances of lowering the lag are doing things like lighting up the above and below ground, and killing everything that doesn't despawn in the entire chunk. Even at lowest render distance, I can't even get on.

Sarrathos

Good news, I logged in and it finally worked this time. I guess that whatever was causing the lag either despawned or just stopped. Either way, it seems I'm safe for now.

TheAmazingBobert

There have been certain issues with some chunks in the world. I nearly lost my main account to one, and I know that back toward this last summer we lost TheDarkWolf and Rubenthecat41 to a chunk error for a while. So just travel with care and report any bad chunks to kai xD
"Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick, it will take you far" -Teddy Roosevelt
"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - John F. Kennedy

crnobijeli13

So what you're saying is that there's some sort of a Bermuda triangle on  the server?
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

TheDarkWolf

I fixed that particular chunk, by the way. Some unknown player made a lag machine there.