News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Clear Lag Pluggin!

Started by Bunni4Life, January 30, 2014, 12:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunni4Life

Clear Lag Pluggin!

It removes entites after a certain amount of time, it can help remove A LOT of lag and I have seen it on many servers before.I want this on Kaise because players/staff are always complaining about lag. This can get rid of items just laying around and speed the game up. And in survival, if you die you will have more of a reason to go find them faster, or the Clear Lag will delete them.

Link to Pluggin and a lot of information on it: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/clearlagg/
Ruling all is just the start. >:3

raperv26

Quote from: Bunni4Life on January 30, 2014, 12:31:02 PM
Clear Lag Pluggin!

It removes entites after a certain amount of time,

About that...
Players will complain about their animals going missing every now and then.
This would also spell disaster for animal farms in survival :/

Bunni4Life

By entities it removes items that are just sitting around. It doesnt kill animals.

1bigdog

I think this will help out allot even if it does kill animals it still would help the lag issues it wont solve them but at least help them

This is a good idea! :D
I believe with enough work and access I can restart KCv2 from where it left off with all it's worlds and ranks and core concepts!

I need YOUR help to ensure a smooth new beginning. Reply to this post with "Let us bring back the infamous KCv2!"

If you have active contact with Kaise123 please tell him to contact me! I am eager to get the files necessary.

Bunni4Life

It does especailly as a fast growing server, like Kaise

Kaise123

This wouldn't help anything, as there is no server side lag caused by entities. The server ticks as intended, at around 20. What sort of lag are you experiencing?
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

1bigdog

Quote from: Kaise123 on February 01, 2014, 03:08:08 PM
This wouldn't help anything, as there is no server side lag caused by entities. The server ticks as intended, at around 20. What sort of lag are you experiencing?

Im not sure what it is i have a 4GB ram computer and Im using optifine (Helps out)

My internet is fine
the server Kcv2 is the ONLY server i get lag from any and every other server is just fine
My fps (Without optifine) is 13
My fps (With Optifine) 39-45
part of it is the fact that the world does lag and refuses to load chunks sometimes
If im far from a player it helps out my fps
Block lag for me is common I get this allot
I do know that this plugin 'Clear lag' is useful because I've used it on other servers it helps boost your fp makes the server less likely to crash from World Edits helps prevent much lag
i know that the plugin is /lagg
then a prompt in the chat will say "removed [ # ] items."

This is a way to help things out and will definitely help out on much needed lag reducing.

I hope that you consider this plugin to use on the server for allot of reasons, It will certainly help me with the lag im sure mostly Everyone  will as well 

ALSO /warp mall is the most lag area if i go there i will crash
I believe with enough work and access I can restart KCv2 from where it left off with all it's worlds and ranks and core concepts!

I need YOUR help to ensure a smooth new beginning. Reply to this post with "Let us bring back the infamous KCv2!"

If you have active contact with Kaise123 please tell him to contact me! I am eager to get the files necessary.

Kaise123

Like I said, this plugin will not help the server. This plugin removes entities if the server itself is lagging because of them, causing the TPS to drop. As KCv2's TPS is almost always at 20, where it is supposed to be, this will not make any difference.

Nothing done to the server will effect your FPS. FPS is your own computer lagging if it is low, and not the server.
As far as I'm aware, The server crashes fairly rarely. I haven't seen a crash in a while, so this is not an issue.

/warp mall shouldn't lag you as much any more, as there are no longer floating entities there. Once again though, that was caused by your computer and not the server itself.

Other lag (Block lag, etc) is caused by your connection to the server. The further you are away from the server, the more likely it is that you will see lag. This is also strongly affected by your internet connection. What ping do you get to the server on the server list?

Bunni4Life

o.o Sorry for the suggestion?

TheDarkWolf

I saw this a while back and nobody seems to have taken notice of it.

I think it's a good idea, especially for mob-spawners where mobs can accumulate and cause massive amounts of lag. I had this happen to me yesterday, in fact, when a player reported a suspected lag machine.

Not sure what it would do about peaceful mobs and such that people would want.

Kaise123

Quote from: TheDarkWolf on February 06, 2014, 01:48:05 PM
I saw this a while back and nobody seems to have taken notice of it.

I think it's a good idea, especially for mob-spawners where mobs can accumulate and cause massive amounts of lag. I had this happen to me yesterday, in fact, when a player reported a suspected lag machine.

Not sure what it would do about peaceful mobs and such that people would want.

I'm fairly sure this plugin only clears entities like dropped items, arrows, minecarts, boats, etc. I doubt it would clear mobs.

Exi

I'm not entirely sure but I think you can configure which mobs will be killed by the command.
If you look at the config you can see this:
[spoiler]
kill-mobs:
   disable-build-wither: false #Should the ability to build withers be disabled?
   mob-filter: 
        - Villager
        - Wolf
[/spoiler]
In the mob filter you can specify which mobs shouldn't be removed so when using /lagg killmobs it will be safe for all those mobs.

Not 100% sure if the plugin is worth it in its entirety though.

Bunni4Life

On the link I gave it does talk about it can kill hostile mobs. So, you guys should watch the video and read all the information on it so you guys know what it's completely about