News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

1.5.2 Update + Larger Worlds

Started by Kaise123, May 05, 2013, 04:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaise123

I just updated the server to 1.5.2, So everyone can now update (Or for those using my client, Tick 'force update').

Currently DynMap is missing from the server, As I want to test it's performance impact on the server. Sorry about that but I'm sure I'll re-add it soon.

I have also increased the size of the Main world from 3000 to 6000, And the size of Survival from 4000 to 6000. Enjoy the new space :). I'd also like to make some capital cities (3 of them, in a triangular space an even distance from spawn towards the edge of the map) With warps to and between them from the main spawn. Jason suggested this, and I would like to implement it as I think it's a great idea. Use the spawn as a central hub and have MultiVerse portals leading to different places on the map such as the capital cities and the mall(s). Whoever would like to help build this should talk to Staff, And any staff are encouraged to co-ordinate to construct these cities.

I would also like to ask staff members to try to remove any large areas of pointless crap on the server (Use CoreProtect to check if it's active, if not for ~25 days, reset it with //regen). This should remove any of the particularly ugly and annoying structures around the server to 'refresh' the world for a while. Thanks to anyone who does this.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

Michael5017

Yay, I can lock my suggestion and i can build again!

Also, where can i get 1.5.2 jar? (Found the .jar download links)

-Edit Spelling. Livid

HanSolo

Quote from: Kaise123 on May 05, 2013, 04:49:12 PM
I just updated the server to 1.5.2, So everyone can now update (Or for those using my client, Tick 'force update').

Currently DynMap is missing from the server, As I want to test it's performance impact on the server. Sorry about that but I'm sure I'll re-add it soon.

I have also increased the size of the Main world from 3000 to 6000, And the size of Survival from 4000 to 6000. Enjoy the new space :). I'd also like to make some capital cities (3 of them, in a triangular space an even distance from spawn towards the edge of the map) With warps to and between them from the main spawn. Jason suggested this, and I would like to implement it as I think it's a great idea. Use the spawn as a central hub and have MultiVerse portals leading to different places on the map such as the capital cities and the mall(s). Whoever would like to help build this should talk to Staff, And any staff are encouraged to co-ordinate to construct these cities.

I would also like to ask staff members to try to remove any large areas of pointless crap on the server (Use CoreProtect to check if it's active, if not for ~25 days, reset it with //regen). This should remove any of the particularly ugly and annoying structures around the server to 'refresh' the world for a while. Thanks to anyone who does this.

So basically, I go straight ahead and when I find the edge I just start with building.

Signature by: TriickyzTrix

Kaise123

E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

Exi

I would just love to make one of the three capitals! Just give me some coords and I'll make something good ;D

HanSolo

Quote from: Exi on May 05, 2013, 09:50:06 PM
I would just love to make one of the three capitals! Just give me some coords and I'll make something good ;D
Meh is applying too, but I just don't know where to start 

Signature by: TriickyzTrix

Deathdefyer99

KoolBeanz, Fajitas, and I have created a new Buttertown called Buttercity. Currently there are only four 13x13 plots, but once we expand it, maybe it could be a capital.
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but if they do, I'll kill them."
~Toby Turner

Hij

Ah, I could make my platform much larger and in the form of a capital! That'll be nice :3

Michael5017

I wish i can see the new changes in-game, but im still freaking banned for 18 hours D:

Zlexy

I'll be on alot more to help build these. With permission of Kai, im going to assemble a 'building team' together and get staff to work on the different cities. They can pick and choose though, i wont be too harsh haha but i wouldnt want everyone working on one city.

Our sort of unofficial plans (not got permission of Kai yet) are;
Modern metropolis - Tokyo etc.
Industrialization-era city - London early 1900s etc.
UNKNOWN - (ideas anyone?) - ???

I studied city distribution back in high school, I know quite a lot about layouts of cities ETC - just putting that across :P

Post suggestions :)
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."

LeonDaMundt

Quote from: Zlexy on May 06, 2013, 03:36:21 AM
I'll be on alot more to help build these. With permission of Kai, im going to assemble a 'building team' together and get staff to work on the different cities. They can pick and choose though, i wont be too harsh haha but i wouldnt want everyone working on one city.

Our sort of unofficial plans (not got permission of Kai yet) are;
Modern metropolis - Tokyo etc.
Industrialization-era city - London early 1900s etc.
UNKNOWN - (ideas anyone?) - ???

I studied city distribution back in high school, I know quite a lot about layouts of cities ETC - just putting that across :P

Post suggestions :)

Third city: Arabia modern or ancient Arabia, I can help you in each city of I can join your team. And I know a lot of Arabia because I live there.

Or

Indian city: we can use Pakistan/India as an example and build the beautiful architectures over there.

Or

Chinese city: Chinese culture.

As I said, I'd love to be in you team :D

TriickyzTrix

Pakistani/indian town looks great!

LeonDaMundt

Quote from: TriickyzTrix on May 06, 2013, 04:30:24 AM
Paki/indian town looks great!
I also got pictures for Arabian city and Indian/Pakistani city l; hope I get to build them  ;D

I can focus a lot on derails, the first two are Arabian city and the last one is Indian. The Indian one dosent look so great but the Arabian one does.

scottymac223

I would love to be on the building team! I'd be good at anything modern cause thats my favorite ( /warp sscity you can see my modern houses) 

Also for the 3rd city

I would love it to be either Rome/Italy kinda themed.

(The screenshot below is from my favorite builder Keralis, and its his take on an Italian themed town)

Exi

EDIT: Images removed to keep information hidden for the third city.