News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Massive hole!!!

Started by ParagonGX, October 12, 2012, 09:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParagonGX

About a week ago, about 200 blocks north from spawn, i experienced what i thought to be a chunk error, but i was wrong, it was a huge hole to the void made by world edit... What action should be taken?

VanillaEssence

Personally, I'd take the plunge.

DEADShotMartini

Beast, That's been there for some time... But the thing is, that does not look like world edit at all, If it was world edit, it wouldn't have a big cube on the where the original land is, and look around the area, it doesn't loom right, the lighting is screwed up on many layers.

I sincerely think its a Minecraft render EPIC Fail.

Diion

hmm... it would seem as if there is also more evidence to support Deadshots idea, after i had closely examining the screenshot, i had noticed that the water is not attempting to occupy the vancent area next to the supposed World edited part of the stream and if this seemingly unnecessarily large hole were to have been caused by an irresponsible use of the WorldEdit plugin and if the water flow were to during this time be enabled, then the water would flow within the area that is considered to be unoccupied by an area of land. o.o

if the entire world fallowed the assumption that it must operate based upon an eye for an eye, everyone would have horrible depth Perception o.O

Sab

Do you have the coords for that location? If so it can just be regenerated. A player showed me one before that looked similar and Kaise thought it was a chunk error also.

ParagonGX

Co-ordinates (x=10, z=80), it was hard to find, because someone covered it up with a layer of grass. (probs with world edit) :/

Sab

Sab

Kaise123

First thing that came into my head was 'That's what she said'.

Then, I was more mature:

There are a few of those around, it's just MC being an epic fail. If you see any more, let us know
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

VanillaEssence

Quote from: Kaise123 on October 14, 2012, 08:41:55 PM
First thing that came into my head was 'That's what she said'.

Then, I was more mature:

There are a few of those around, it's just MC being an epic fail. If you see any more, let us know

I don't know what your sex-life is like Kai, but I think it's pretty uncommon for "she" to say, "Massive hole 200 blocks from spawn!"  ;D

Kaise123

Depends what scale the blocks are :P

I was referring mostly to the massive hole.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire