News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Deathdefyer99 Moderator App

Started by Deathdefyer99, September 26, 2013, 10:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deathdefyer99

Name:
George Esho

IGN:
Deathdefyer99

Activity:
I get on every day for an hour or two, around 4 PM to 5-5:30 PM, but I can get on earlier or stay later if needed, say around 3:30 PM and stay until 6:30 PM-7 PM max. I can also get on during school through Dynamap. What I usually do when I'm on is expand on ButterCity, build something, or explore the server world, while usually talking to some of the people mentioned in Reputation on Skype.

Activity on other servers.
While surfing YouTube, I saw a video made by TheHeartBen about how he opened his own public server called Heartland. There I met people there that I have gotten to know and even introduced one of their mods to KaiseCraft, known as Gina. I would bring the other mods I knew there but the server got hacked and is now shut down for good. For those who want to know, the server was semi-survival, kinda like our survival but there was no griefing allowed.

Commands:
While the commands I listed are the ones I have knowledge on, I don't really know others, but if I need to learn them then I'm willing to.

World Guard:
[spoiler]/region define
/region redefine <id>
/region claim <id> [<owner1> [<owner2> [<owners...>]]]
/region info [-s] [<world>] [<id>]
/region select [<id>]
/region list [<page>] [-w <world>] [-p <player>]
/region flag <id> <flag> [-g <groupname>] [-w <worldname>] [<value>]
/region priority <id> -w <worldname> <priority>
/region parent <child> <parent>
/region rem <id> -w <worldname>
/region tp [-s] <id>[/spoiler]

Core Protect:
[spoiler]/co help
/co inspect
/co rollback u:<user> t:<time> r:<radius> a:<action> b:<blocks> e:<exclude>[/spoiler]

World Edit:
[spoiler]//undo
//redo
/clearhistory    
//wand
/toggleeditwand
//sel  <cuboid|extend|poly|ellipsoid|sphere|cyl>
//desel
//pos1
//pos2
//hpos1
//hpos2
//chunk
//expand <amount>
//expand <amount> <direction>
//expand <amount> <reverse-amount> [direction]
//expand vert
//contract <amount>
//contract <amount> [direction]
//contract <amount> <reverse-amount> [direction]
//size
//count  <block>
//distr  [-c]
//set <block>
//replace <to-block>
//replace <from-block> <to-block>
//overlay <block>
//walls <block>
//outline  <block>
//smooth [iterations]
//deform
//hollow
//regen
//stack [count] [direction]
//copy
//cut
//paste [-ao] [-a][/spoiler]

Forum Knowledge:
I know pretty much the basics of forum commands, creating topics, locking, editing, etc. The only thing I don't know how to do is the BBCodes, but I think it'll be easy to learn and use, but I will usually just type out the words in bold.

I feel that I have a good friendship with the people on the server, mostly the people who were on the server at the time I came to the server such as Emily, Jose, Diion, BlueStar5, and others who were here, while also befriending some of the new people who became mod such as Wolfy, Airi, Cristina, Bobert, and Smooves and still befriending others.

Why I want to be mod:
I want to be mod because I feel that, because of the recent retirements of a few mods and the demotion of a couple, there needs to be a replacement for them. That's one, the second reason is that, recently, I feel a little bored coming on the server, as I only come on for a minute to see what's going on and if there is barely anyone on, like four people, then I'll just leave and do something else. As moderator, this will give me a reason to come on, so I can help people with their needs if they need help, and maybe do more to ButterCity than I can now.

How I have improved since my last app:
I feel that, since my last app, I have matured quite considerably and have become less of an annoyance to some and have enhanced my social skills and my knowledge of what a moderator does greater than I was in January. I have also grown a little patient and have gotten less pushy on people to check my app.

Additional Information:
I am currently a student in grade 9 from West Bloomfield, MI which makes English my first language. I was born of a Chaldean family and am taking Spanish as my foreign language in high school so that will probably help with the players from Hispanic countries.
Thank you for taking the time to read my application.
Have a good one.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but if they do, I'll kill them."
~Toby Turner

TheDarkWolf

You have my full support. But you'll have to be a lot more active. :)

-----------SUPPORT

Diion

\o/ it is to your support that i dance, but as Wolf mentioned... inactivtiy will be your lance, don't ruin your chance.  ;D

if the entire world fallowed the assumption that it must operate based upon an eye for an eye, everyone would have horrible depth Perception o.O

Deathdefyer99

don't worry, I'll be on more since I'm in high school.
~Toby Turner

TheAmazingBobert

Support
You've got my full support, this is a Great app, and since I've spent the last week talking and getting to know you, I know for a fact you're a good person ready for a position in staff :D.
"Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick, it will take you far" -Teddy Roosevelt
"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - John F. Kennedy

LeonDaMundt

Commands = Copied
http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/WorldEdit/Reference

The world edit one's are, next we go to err

Worldguard, enh?

http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/WorldGuard/Regions/Commands

Well, those commands look quite similiar as well o.O

I'll lean towards a no support, unless you can say that the commands aren't copied, good luck :)

TheDarkWolf

Quote from: LeonDaMundt on September 28, 2013, 09:07:55 AM
I'll lean towards a no support, unless you can say that the commands aren't copied, good luck :)

To be honest, this doesn't really matter. If he makes moderator, the commands would be gone over with to ensure that an accident or any other form of damage wouldn't happen, as well as to make sure he had full knowledge of the commands and how to use them.

And yes, he did copy the commands. He's been watching multiple videos to ensure his understanding of them should he get accepted, which in my opinion shows that he's willing to accept responsibility for the rank. This is a good thing.

Let's not forget that I had absolutely no knowledge of the commands when I became a moderator. But if I can learn them in less than 2 full days, then he can surely do just as good.

Kaise123

Copying of the actual commands is not the major thing, As long as you understand them. It shows you have at least looked them up and made some effort. This application is a lot on the short side and you are a year below the age requirement. The application isn't too bad though.

I'm not supporting, however it's not too bad and I would lean towards the support side if you expanded on it a bit more throughout.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

Cj -Master of Trollz

You have my full support my friend :D

Support
"I fear not the man who has practiced 10000 kicks 1 time,but the man who has practiced 1 kick 10000 times" ~Bruce Lee

Deathdefyer99

Quote from: Kaise123 on September 28, 2013, 02:19:46 PM
I'm not supporting, however it's not too bad and I would lean towards the support side if you expanded on it a bit more throughout.
Okay so what I did was talk about this other server I was on and added some parts to the other headings, anything else I should add on to the app?
~Toby Turner

Kaise123

Improvements are good. You've missed out on basically the most important WorldGuard command though :P /region define.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

Deathdefyer99

~Toby Turner

Uber_duck

Quote"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but if they do, I'll kill them."
~Toby Turner

That is amazing  :o
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
― Bernard M. Baruch

TheDarkWolf

Quote from: Deathdefyer99 on September 29, 2013, 11:18:13 PM
Now Gohan?

It looks good to me.

The full command is "/region define regionname". I'll be more than happy to get you familiar with things.  :)

baroompsycho

Your personality, in game behaviour, and knowledge of the commands necessary seems pretty good. Even if you didn't fully know the commands yet, like Wolf said, I'm sure that all the staff would be more than happy to help you with them! Seeing that you have been trying to improve your application as quickly and effectively as possible makes me realize that you really want/deserve this rank. As long as you're online more/more active, I'm definitely on board with you becoming a part of our staff team.

You've got my support bud! :)