News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

brasilian players' problem.

Started by Zlexy, November 23, 2012, 09:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zlexy

well. i am not one for discrimination but i feel this should be brought to peoples' attention. the brazilian players (who are generally 9 years old to 12) are extremely immature and rule breakers and do not listen. i tell them in portuguese (their language too) that they must speak english and follow rules , i have had maybe 2 or 3 listen, the rest of them just do not listen. infact i had a player say earlier 'no we will not listen, let us spam' and started to spam 'kkkkkkkkkk' in the chat along with his immature friends and were muted.

they do not understand english at all , and i tell them to go into /msg and they do not listen.

if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix these problems apart from giving harsh punishments (though that might be needed), then feel free to post. :)
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."

ParagonGX

I think the only way to stop the Brazilians from behaving like this and speaking in another language is to kick them and issuing them with a warning message. If they continue just mute them for 30 minutes.

Zlexy

yeah the muting has worked for maybe like 10 minutes after they get unmuted but then they continue. will try the kick thing out. as i said, i dont like doing it but the other players do get annoyed by them
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."

Kaise123

They can always find a brazilian server to play on, And if they don't listen you can permanently mute them.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

ParagonGX

Quote from: Kaise123 on November 23, 2012, 10:03:40 PM
They can always find a brazilian server to play on, And if they don't listen you can permanently mute them.
Wonder why I never thought of that...  :D

scottymac223

On another server i saw that they would give the player 1 warning to speak English in the global chat, and if they didn't, they put them on a different chat channel so only anybody in that channel could see them talk. I though it was a good idea to put other speakers on a different channel to everyone else, They could also join the channel using a simple command such as: /ch 1 /ch2. It may be a bad idea but im just putting it out they're ;D

- scottymac223

Kaise123

It is possible to use McMMO Party chat to speak. I might look into a plugin that can do this separately though

scottymac223

iTroll

Quote from: scottymac223 on December 05, 2012, 06:42:35 AM
On another server i saw that they would give the player 1 warning to speak English in the global chat, and if they didn't, they put them on a different chat channel so only anybody in that channel could see them talk. I though it was a good idea to put other speakers on a different channel to everyone else, They could also join the channel using a simple command such as: /ch 1 /ch2. It may be a bad idea but im just putting it out they're ;D

- scottymac223

I played servers that used this, it kinda failed though as it was too confusing to the simple-minded players to join/switch channels  ::)
Le god of le troll~

Msg me if you need help or have questions :D

Kaise123

Quote from: iTroll on December 06, 2012, 08:14:48 AM
Quote from: scottymac223 on December 05, 2012, 06:42:35 AM

- scottymac223

I played servers that used this, it kinda failed though as it was too confusing to the simple-minded players to join/switch channels  ::)

Yeah, That's the problem. Also, You may be talking to them and they don't know because you are in separate chats,and it makes things confusing. I'll work on looking for something decent that addresses all these issues when  I have time.