News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Engineer rank being too easy to get

Started by crnobijeli13, July 17, 2013, 08:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crnobijeli13

I've noticed there are a lot of new engineers and a lot of new engineer apps. I've noticed they are getting the rank of engineer with anything containing a little redstone put down. I think the apps require more strict criteria and that new engineers need to be checked and monitored. If they don't contribute - demotion.

P. S.
In the first week of becoming engineer i've made a redstone display
here's what i did (heavy redstone talk ahead)
[spoiler]I've made the display itself by hooking up redstone lamps to redstone torches. I put the pins for each lamp. I connected each row serially and i made a high-speed ROM tape running the demo message saying: "Hi"[/spoiler]
That's just a part of what i built IN MY FIRST WEEK. To sum it up, my suggestion is: make something more complex or get demoted.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Random_Hero

The Evil Never Dies, It Just Evolves...

baroompsycho

While I don't think demotion is really the solution, I'm sure we can up the standards of Engineer apps. We might not add in more criteria they need to follow, but we'll probably be more strict about acceptances. Your feedback has been noted, thanks! :)

raperv26

I actually support crno here...
Tones of builders are getting Engineer apps for building simple redstone designs such as Auto- farms and doorbells, etc...
Maybe we could up the standards up a bit like, make a 3x3 door that works or at least know some of the famous redstone inventors on youtube or something...

iTroll

I also agree; engineer is the highest free non-staff rank and it should be somewhat  difficult to obtain. However, it shouldn't be impossible to get either.
Le god of le troll~

Msg me if you need help or have questions :D

Kaise123

I also agree. Demoting isn't a solution but future builds on applications must be of a higher standard.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire