News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Enderfarm

Started by ParagonGX, October 08, 2012, 06:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParagonGX

Hello guys and girls, as you may have heard i have been given permission from Kai to build in the End. So i put this great offer to good and productive use. I'm currently in the progress of building an Enderman farm which allows players to both gain experience and to collect ender pearls. Progress at this stage is 70% from completion.

Now to how this Enderfarm works. The Enderfarm is located in the end where the only mobs/entities which spawn are enderman, so there will an abundance of enderman. Trying to get the best spawn rates i build out into the void, approx. 128 blocks out from the main island. This is far away from the original island that the spawn rates won't be effected, so an unlimited amount of spawns will be made. The platform i've constructed for the enderman to land one is made from glowstone (for lighting purposes) and underneath are pistons. These pistons are used to change whether a player wants only the ender pearls or both the experience and ender pearls.

From memory, i believe that when enderman are dropped from the height of 46 blocks, they are left with 1 heart left, so it's 1 hit KO. The spawning platform where they spawn before being pushed down by pistons is on pressure plates. Building as many spawning spaces allows a maximium amount of spawns, so they can go as high as they want. But you may ask why they can go as high as they want and won't they dies if they're higher than 46 blocks? This is true, but vines are placed right before the drop/death zone, to allow all the enderman to have the same falling distance.

And that's basically how the Enderfarm works. If anyone has any questions or queries, leave a comment and i'll try to get to you and answer it ASAP. I'm also thinking of adding an enchanting room, where buttons will control the movement/placement of bookshelves for the best enchanting method and experience.  ;)

Thanks!  :D

ParagonGX

Screenshots of progress! xD

Kaise123

Looking awesome! I'll come on and check it out if my internet EVER gets installed...
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

ParagonGX

Yes, you should check it out hwen you have your internet avaliable. I'm also happy to say that the Enderfarm has been finished, the final design looks like a satellite floating in space.  :)

DEADShotMartini

BEAST, i don't think the idea of moving bookshelves is really necessary xD. I made that current enchanting dome cause Einar asked me to. The reason it isn't a necessity is because once you have 1 or 2 layers of bookshelves, you always get a Low level enchantment option, i medium level option and the final one is always a 30 enchantment. :D

Diion

Quote from: DEADShotMartini on October 13, 2012, 03:29:16 AM
BEAST, i don't think the idea of moving bookshelves is really necessary xD. I made that current enchanting dome cause Einar asked me to. The reason it isn't a necessity is because once you have 1 or 2 layers of bookshelves, you always get a Low level enchantment option, i medium level option and the final one is always a 30 enchantment. :D

Hmm... Although i do agree that it is ofcourse not an absolute necessity, i do believe that the players would enjoy that features convenience, it is an experience farm correct? who would not enjoy casting thier graze to a not so distant enchantment table and experiencing the hope and anticipation of finally being given the chance to possess a tool enhancement whose levels can only be described as... epic, in ofcourse preparation for yet anthor fierce and defiantly most anticipated battle with the wildness itself?  ;D

[raises hand] Me!  ;D

if the entire world fallowed the assumption that it must operate based upon an eye for an eye, everyone would have horrible depth Perception o.O

ParagonGX

Quote from: DEADShotMartini on October 13, 2012, 03:29:16 AM
You are correct, but wouldn't some people want to get level 24 for diamond boots to try and get feather falling, they would need to put torches down to lower the maximium enchantment. Moving bookselves will make it more easier than placing and then destroying torches everytime.

00Assassin

way more interesting then anything i have built..

ParagonGX