News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Forbiding sale of items from people who could spawn them.

Started by anrew1334, March 16, 2013, 10:37:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anrew1334

In my previous server anyone who could spawn items were prohibited from giving them away to other players and we should try to forbid it in areas like armor enchanting and repairs but on items like netherbrick, glowstone, grass, and other items we could allow sale but only between guests and civilians who have mined them out of the ground and have the means to get them, not by people spawning them. if people are caught spawning items to players other than themselves it should result in an temp ban or downranking both offenders. thankyou if you plan on doing this (mob spawners still should be issued because a lack of mobs in geneal/

ParagonGX

Of course can't just be given out freely, they have to paid for if other players want them. But there is no way of stopping the items being distributed, unless there was a 24 hour CCTV camera tracking them.

P.S
Only Kaise123 should be able to give out free items, because his the owner.

Kaise123

While this would be good, It's impossible to enforce. Every time someone would be accused of spawning and then selling items, they will just say they mined it. Something I have always wanted to do is stop people from selling at all to other players, But that's also very difficult as how would they pay for services and things...
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

anrew1334

in my pervious server he created multiple worlds where it was different like donors had a flat where they could spawn what they liked but you couldnt bring or spawn it into the others like the guest world were the guest stayed and members world were registered people were

LeonDaMundt

I think giveawaying should be seen, but I don't really find problems in selling items to players in a considerable price.

Kaise123

Quote from: anrew1334 on March 16, 2013, 03:32:25 PM
in my pervious server he created multiple worlds where it was different like donors had a flat where they could spawn what they liked but you couldnt bring or spawn it into the others like the guest world were the guest stayed and members world were registered people were

If only this was possible. I would like to add more worlds to make everything more organised and streamlined, not to mention give a place for the higher ranks to enjoy themselves without being annoyed by the general Guests, etc.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

Diion

Quote from: Kaise123 on March 18, 2013, 09:28:32 AM
Quote from: anrew1334 on March 16, 2013, 03:32:25 PM

If only this was possible. I would like to add more worlds to make everything more organised and streamlined, not to mention give a place for the higher ranks to enjoy themselves without being annoyed by the general Guests, etc.

A Minecraft Server has it's limitations; what is rendered must be processed, so, more redering would mean more processing and, the computer from which the server is hosted, allthough much better than our home computers, can only process a certain amount of information, so, more stuff = more lag :P

if the entire world fallowed the assumption that it must operate based upon an eye for an eye, everyone would have horrible depth Perception o.O

iTroll

I'd say selling spawned stuff is alright as long as it's at a reasonable price. But what you say, anrew, would just kill our server LOL. Donators like you keep it alive though so congrats  ;) but giving free items isn't like too serious of a crime and doesn't happen too often (unless you're steve123).
Le god of le troll~

Msg me if you need help or have questions :D

steve123