News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

New mainworld or world?

Started by Michael5017, April 01, 2013, 10:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want an new mainworld/world?

Yes
12 (57.1%)
No
5 (23.8%)
I dont know
4 (19%)
Uuhm... Why should we get one?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: June 01, 2013, 09:48:05 PM

TriickyzTrix

Why not a "Creative World" with plenty's of plots, seen this on mostly all servers which I've been to lastly.
Great plugin for this could be PlotMe: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/plotme/

Just instead of two survival worlds. I know there are many of you who would like this Suggestion/Thread.

Michael Bublé

We had a similar issue towards the closure of bublécraft where we were running out of space and at the same time were considering adding a survival world. As we had a relatively small amount of players in comparison to KCv2, I was concerned that there would be a large segregation of players as in all the players would be in the same world and was the reason we decided not to implement that.

Here two worlds has worked well due to the healthy amount of players in each world although it is clear that the main world is lacking the attention it used to get.
Since adding an extra main world is financially unviable and imo too separating, perhaps expanding the existing world border (server resources permitting) and creating a new spawn area on the other side of the world would work.

As seen in real life the population spreads outward from the centre so many having two or three 'capital cities' is a solution. Though this is just an idea off the top of my head and not all the consequences have been thought out.

Michael5017

Quote from: TriickyzTrix on May 04, 2013, 07:27:56 PM
Why not a "Creative World" with plenty's of plots, seen this on mostly all servers which I've been to lastly.
Great plugin for this could be PlotMe: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/plotme/

Just instead of two survival worlds. I know there are many of you who would like this Suggestion/Thread.

Thats maybe a good idea

Michael5017

Edited suggestion!

Dont forget to donate!

HanSolo

You have to be realistic, making an another world would be just too expensive. But I believe that we only need to make another main world, the current one is overfilled and griefed

Signature by: TriickyzTrix

DEADShotMartini

I agree that a new Mainworld needs to be implemented, its just overflowing.

Perhaps we can have a similar situation as that of March 2012 when kaise and fulk updated the server and we got a new world, but prior to that players were allowed to keep their builds via an MCSchematic through World Edit and then transferred into the mainworld.

HanSolo

Quote from: DEADShotMartini on May 05, 2013, 12:23:40 AM
I agree that a new Mainworld needs to be implemented, its just overflowing.

Perhaps we can have a similar situation as that of March 2012 when kaise and fulk updated the server and we got a new world, but prior to that players were allowed to keep their builds via an MCSchematic through World Edit and then transferred into the mainworld.

Agree, it's not that hard to copy-paste some builds

Signature by: TriickyzTrix

Kaise123

I support this idea, But we need to set a date. It's time consuming to get everyone to show you their builds to copy over, and a lot of people are going to be annoyed at losing their things (Even though I would put the world up to be downloaded).

For now, I'm going to double the WorldBorder size on the current world. I really like Jason's solution of having capital cities, We could warp between them (MV-Portals, anyone?)
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

Michael5017

Quote from: Kaise123 on May 05, 2013, 02:57:23 PM
I support this idea, But we need to set a date. It's time consuming to get everyone to show you their builds to copy over, and a lot of people are going to be annoyed at losing their things (Even though I would put the world up to be downloaded).

For now, I'm going to double the WorldBorder size on the current world. I really like Jason's solution of having capital cities, We could warp between them (MV-Portals, anyone?)

I only support this idea if i can build again
But yeah! Freaking Support!

TOPIC WILL BE LOCKED WHEN THE POLL IS LOCKED
(1 June 12:30 Netherland Time)