News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Mobs

Started by karathorhikari, August 30, 2013, 09:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karathorhikari

I know there are lots of people who play Minecraft that love fighting. PvP is extremely popular, and mobs give valuable drops when killed. But, what about players who just want to play a game about blocks? At it's foundation, Minecraft is a game about taking blocks and stuff and rearranging them to make other stuff. So... when did it become a game about fighting?

There are too many mobs on the server. An example of this is when I'm in survival, mining things, and I have a full inventory of valuables. Then I get attacked. And attacked. And attacked. And attacked. And attacked. An.... see the problem? It gets to a point where it's not a game about blocks, it's about fighting. If I wanted to play a game about fighting, well... there are a billion games on the internet alone all about fighting things. I have even more of them for various consoles. Whoopdeedoo, now it's what Minecraft is all about.

It seems like mobs have kind of a novelty value if displayed in the correct light. But when they just keep coming until you're dead, that completely destroyes my original view of what the game itself was, which was a "sandbox" game(if I have the right term). In the newer versions, the sheer number of mobs that come at you at one time has grown to at least twice what it was when I first played the game. Now I just die unless I have fly at my disposal or a big, enchanted armory. "But Karathor," I can hear the voices saying, "Mobs aren't really THAT hard." Ok, what do you do when twenty zombies come at you and behind you is a big pit of lava? Umm..... my guess is that you'd die. Relentlessly. Bye bye, hard-earned hour's worth of mining.

I'm fairly sure there is a mod out there that can control the number of monsters you come across in the game. If I'm not mistaken, it was implemented into the previous server. There are also several xp grinders, of which I have my own. I've even allowed others to enter it when I'm there because it's protected. And there I can kill things to my heart's, wallet's, and enchanting table's content. But in survival, there's no reason to be afraid of losing my stuff because things won't stop attacking me. The old un-modded spawn rate would be better than this noise. All I'm suggesting is that it be taken down a bit from where it is now to where I have some control over when and where I decide to stop fighting things. Even in Easy mode on Single Player, there are too many. I don't really play on hard, but does the spawn rate even change or do they just get harder to kill? If it's the second, then "easy" mode isn't really easy. It's not easy anyway, but really, it is misleading.

TheAmazingBobert

You're playing in survival. So yes while the foundation of the game is blocks, part of the foundation is also survival day and night, fending off hunger during the day and monsters at night, if you don't want to be attacked don't go outside at night, and carry torches with you in the mine. Also to my knowledge, no we cannot control the mobs spawn rate. So yes I agree with you maybe mobs do ruin the fun, but while I agree with you I also disagree because many players would not see things the way you do, so changing this even if it was possible would create an uproar, and it would ruin the point of survival.
"Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick, it will take you far" -Teddy Roosevelt
"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - John F. Kennedy

karathorhikari

Quote from: TheAmazingBobert on August 30, 2013, 11:52:54 AM
You're playing in survival. So yes while the foundation of the game is blocks, part of the foundation is also survival day and night, fending off hunger during the day and monsters at night, if you don't want to be attacked don't go outside at night, and carry torches with you in the mine. Also to my knowledge, no we cannot control the mobs spawn rate. So yes I agree with you maybe mobs do ruin the fun, but while I agree with you I also disagree because many players would not see things the way you do, so changing this even if it was possible would create an uproar, and it would ruin the point of survival.

I disagree on the basis that single player has peaceful mode. But, if there really is no way to do it, then I guess I'm complaining for nothing. Also, I've heard several other players who agree with me on this subject.

The least Kaise could do, if not lower the spawn rate, is change the difficulty level. Fending off hunger is hard enough. Unless the server's setting is already easy, in which case I'm complaining to the wrong people because Minecraft 1.6 was apparently designed to be a frustrating heap of frustration. In my mind, an "easy" setting means that completely stupid people could do it.

Kaise123

The server's setting is Normal. And if you are playing in Survival, the idea is mainly fighting there. Why can't you play in the Main world where it's easier to defend yourself?

I've never had issues with spawn rates on normal - they are set to the default Minecraft level on the server. However, If you have any better suggestions for controlling this I'm more then happy to listen to them.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

DEADShotMartini

Quote from: wolfshain on September 11, 2013, 02:12:58 AM
Can you just play the game without all this whining? Minecraft is easy,if you know what you're doing you shouldn't have ANY troubles with mobs,always carry a sword when you're mining,it's not such a big deal.Light your place,few torches there,few torches here => no mobs..This whole thread looks stupid,when bunch of 8yr olds can play Minecraft on Hardcore,why you can't play it on Normal?If you hate mobs then just play SP peaceful,survival world is made for survival,for PvP,PvE,not for "placing blocks".

Hold on hold on, who the f**k do you think you are. This is the Suggestions board, anyone can put anything they want about the server in here, and if they want to inquire about mobs they have every single right to do so and you have no jurisdiction to tell them this is stupid. Also, "pls edukate" on the fact that in 1.6.2, the feature that increases the amount of mobs in accordance to the time spent in an area was implemented. A few lights wont help when you have 20 zombies + skeletons already spawned into the area. Not to mention that survival is not for PvP and PvE, it is for factions and single player inspired vanilla gameplay, therefore in every reason IT IS about "placing blocks".
Please knock it off with your stupid selfish replies and consider the fact this is a place for suggestions, not burying peoples ideas 6 feet under the slipping stars for your sake.

Zlexy

Wolfshain, please be quiet and keep your bad attitude away from suggestions if you're going to be like that.

Secondly, I get your point Karathor, but it's the game mechanics that do this, while there are server controls that allow us to set the rate of mob-spawning, we wouldn't change it for one person. If you feel that it's too hard to play survival, just go to the normal world.
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."

Kaise123

Quote from: DEADShotMartini on September 11, 2013, 04:20:55 AM
Quote from: wolfshain on September 11, 2013, 02:12:58 AM
Can you just play the game without all this whining? Minecraft is easy,if you know what you're doing you shouldn't have ANY troubles with mobs,always carry a sword when you're mining,it's not such a big deal.Light your place,few torches there,few torches here => no mobs..This whole thread looks stupid,when bunch of 8yr olds can play Minecraft on Hardcore,why you can't play it on Normal?If you hate mobs then just play SP peaceful,survival world is made for survival,for PvP,PvE,not for "placing blocks".

Hold on hold on, who the f**k do you think you are. This is the Suggestions board, anyone can put anything they want about the server in here, and if they want to inquire about mobs they have every single right to do so and you have no jurisdiction to tell them this is stupid. Also, "pls edukate" on the fact that in 1.6.2, the feature that increases the amount of mobs in accordance to the time spent in an area was implemented. A few lights wont help when you have 20 zombies + skeletons already spawned into the area. Not to mention that survival is not for PvP and PvE, it is for factions and single player inspired vanilla gameplay, therefore in every reason IT IS about "placing blocks".
Please knock it off with your stupid selfish replies and consider the fact this is a place for suggestions, not burying peoples ideas 6 feet under the slipping stars for your sake.

Quote from: Zlexy on September 11, 2013, 07:39:20 AM
Wolfshain, please be quiet and keep your bad attitude away from suggestions if you're going to be like that.

Secondly, I get your point Karathor, but it's the game mechanics that do this, while there are server controls that allow us to set the rate of mob-spawning, we wouldn't change it for one person. If you feel that it's too hard to play survival, just go to the normal world.

Guys, WTH? While Wolfshain's opinion was pretty negative it certainly didn't deserve a much MORE negative reply. Yeah sure, You make a valid point but there is no reason to be so outwardly rude about it. You are supposed to be setting an example to the community and be better than the people who are always negative. I'm sure you could have put your point forward in a much less negative and more mature way.

Also, I'm doubtful that you would have your PVP turned off in survival Zlex, Unless there was a good reason for it. Can you lower your MCMMO power level? It's rather OP in survival. If you are in Survival but helping players or performing a task that requires it, you may use God mode, However it is an abuse of power, as I'm sure you know, to use it while legitimately playing survival.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

Zlexy

Pics or it didn't happen.

Locked.
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."