News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

What do YOU want from KCv2?

Started by Kaise123, June 17, 2013, 10:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zlexy

I'll make a staff feedback section just now, thanks for the suggestion.

Though just before i do it, NO retaliation/hateful abuse of mods/players on it. Constructive criticism/compliments etc ONLY!
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."

LeonDaMundt

Quote from: Zlexy on June 19, 2013, 05:31:55 AM
I'll make a staff feedback section just now, thanks for the suggestion.

Though just before i do it, NO retaliation/hateful abuse of mods/players on it. Constructive criticism/compliments etc ONLY!
Thank you Zlexy for reviewing my post! It'll be for the betterment of the server indeed!

Kaise123

Quote from: Hamza on June 18, 2013, 09:38:55 PM
I want Dynmap to be back ;/
I want there to be more peaceful factions.
People dont let me be in peaceful so let me make one
its not fair is it now? only 3 ;/ isnt that good.
I think there should be a creative world.

They DynMap is still up... www.kaise123.com/dynmap

You need to apply to be in a peaceful faction here on the forums, and it's limited to be easier to control. If there are a lot of people who want them some more can be added however.

Creative world is unfortunately impossible at this stage. I simply can't afford to add another world to the server, And the security of items between worlds is not good. I have previously extended the offer to anyone who wants to link servers with KCv2, and can make their own server in cooperation with us then that is possible. Sorry :/

Wow Leon, Massive post. Thanks for the time and effort you put into putting it together though. I'll go through it bit by bit

Quote from: LeonMundt (Gunner) on June 18, 2013, 10:05:45 PM
Sorry, if this is way too long:

Dynmap What people mainly want right now, especially survivalist is called Dynmap, a nice plugin, once implemented was removed due to RAM testing purposes, but now as it looks like the RAM is stable and there is no more random crashes and lags as before, I suggest that Dynmap should be implmeneted as it easy for players who are in survival to locate others and keeps the survival world moving as compared to right now, there are very less raids and alot of betrayals.

~Donator Dynmap I suggest that all the Elites and VIP's should have access to Dynmap web register, as for right now, it is only available for moderators. I want this feature to be implemented as it is very useful to chat and enjoyable as well.

We can also use 2$ for  Dynmap access.

New Ranks We all (Kcv2 members) wish that there were more ranks, for example after engineeer we can implement other ranks with small changes such as:

Arcitecht: These ranks are for people who are good in redstone as well as normal builds, you can call this the 2nd builder and can only be achieved by having fabulous redstone builds and normal builds.

Jr.Mod: This rank can be achieved by any player who is denied by a moderator application for a very specific and small reason (Ex: Age) if any admin wishes so, he/she may be promoted to this rank which is like a jr.mod, after the person has reached the speicifed age limit for example and he applies again with a good number of supports, he is guaranteed the moderator rank. This rank may have the ability of CO (Core Protect) and will not have some extra plugins such as disguising as a wither/ender dragon etc etc.

Staff Section In Staff Section, people can ask staff for protection of their builds with a specific format for example:

I want to protect: My House

Permissions: Kaise123 and Zlexy (Myself)

Co-Ords or warp: /warp myhouse

Any Other Notes: There is an underground secret room, please protect that as well.

Or we can also talk about staff members for example:

Staff: xXlolXx

Report: He always swears but when we do he reports us.
             He also dosen't care when we ask him for help and always says he is busy.

If this report for example, get's enough supports action should be taken accordingly.

And also over here, if any admin wants a specific mod to be promoted/demoted to another rank such as Sr.Mod he may post it here, as to notify people and also to see if people don't want him to be promoted/demoted.

Reputation I suggest that  a karma action has atleast a 1 day interval.

Survival Spawn Clearing We all want new players to enjoy the survival world, and when they go and see the beuatiful spawn and after that they see outer part of the spawn with lava flowing everywhere random chopped down trees and creeper blown up places, they really think twice. I wish that the place is mob-protected and also the terrain over there is re-set again.

Survival Ranks I wish that there should be survival ranks, I have made a list of them as follows:

----Newbie----- Name not yet finalized

-These are the basic ranks to enter Survival, the start with a wooden kit:

Wood Spade pick sword and axe,
Wood 32 stacks
Leather armour and some food.

-----Crafter----
-The second rank to be there.

These can set warps to one place

They have the same kits as Survivors except they get a little bit of more food.

These ranks need to be earned by a special goal for example killing 5 players or something like that.

-----Survivour-----
Third rank to be there

These have warps to two places

These have the same food and wood but have a little upgraded armour and tools.

These are also gotten by doing a special cause.

These can use tools a bit faster and have a little more resistance than normal players.

-----Miner-----

These can warp to to two places

They have the same kits

They get iron picks and shovels instead of normal ones.

They mine also a bit faster than normal ones.

----Pvper-----

These can warp to two places

They get iron swords instead of normal ones

They kill faster and have a hit more strength.

----Farmer----

These can warp to two places

They get iron goes and axes instead of normal ones.

Their tools are a bit better and also are a bit faster to farm and cut trees.

---Provivour-----

These can warp to three places

They get iron tools and armour

All of their abilities are increased by 10%

These names are not final and ill remember to add more ranks if I can think of them.

Peaceful Factions Increase I suggest that the amount of peaceful factions should be increased to atleast 4-5, but they should not be just created instantly but must have a specific way of being a peaceful faction such as an application.

FaceBook Page I wish that the facebook page of KCV2 would be a bit more active, for that to happen new admins must be recurited, and they should not be always from the staff, they can be anyone who has a good sense of language and is devoted to the server and can keep the page active.

The Applications In-Game I wish that you can apply in-game, as some people can't apply on the forums as they don't know how to post pictures so that's why by following a specific format, people should be promoted in-game.

These are my suggestions.

DynMap: Dynmap is still on the server, But not active on the Survival world. I could re-enable it but it uses a MASSIVE amount of memory. I'm going to enable it now as a trial-run however the factions will not be marked on it.
As for the web chat/webregister access, it will be given to Engineers and above. There won't be an option to pay for it unless someone specifically contacts me saying they wish to.

New Ranks: I don't see why we need new ranks. There are very few engineers as it is, and engineers are open to new commands and things being added. It's far too complicated to maintain too many ranks, and easier for both players to understand and staff to maintain if we keep the number of ranks how they are. However, Suggestions for additional commands, items, etc to be added to existing ranks is fine. Imagine the number of applications for ranks if we had more?

As for Jr. Mod, This has been discussed before at length. Basically, The reason that it will not be added is that it's just extending what we already have to a stupid extreme. If a player doesn't qualify for Jr. Mod, Everyone will want a 'Cop' rank or something for those who can't get Jr. Mod. The idea is that if you can't get mod then you can't get a staff position. Instead of us lowering our standards to accept other people, People need to make better applications and get Mod instead.

Staff Section: This is already covered in help and support, However I'll make a specific section for protection requests, as that is a good idea. I believe a staff feedback area has been arranged by Zlexy, Otherwise I plan to add one of those as well, However it won't be part of the forums but a feedback form somewhere else.

Survival Spawn Clearing: I agree with that aswell, However as I can't come on the server and do it someone else will have to. Can Zlexy/any other staff that reads this and wants to please regen around SurvivalSpawn, Then claim it with a new faction so it can't be claimed over, Then protect it with WorldGuard and stop mob spawns/explosions, and stop PvP. Thanks :)

Survival Ranks: Yes, I want to add these. I'll try to get it done ASAP.

Peaceful Factions Increase: Yeah, Ok as this is the second time this has come up it will be done. There will be 2 more slots added to the peaceful factions that are available to apply for.

Facebook Page: The idea of the Facebook page is to convey important information about the server and receive questions/feedback from people... What exactly would be posted on it? As of now any staff member may become an Admin on it.

The Applications In-Game: Sorry, But no. I have actually thought about this in the past and raised the question amongst staff. It would be horribly difficult to control, and very frustrating for staff to have to TP all over the place. Another thing is that actually registering on the forums and creating an application is a part of qualifying for the rank. If you are unable to register for a forum, to be very frank, You FAIL the application.

Phew. Stuff to do now lol
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

Kaise123

Quote from: HanSolo on June 18, 2013, 10:12:11 PM

I want Dynmap to be back ;/ - I don't want it back, because it was abused in survival world
I want there to be more peaceful factions. More Peaceful facs would defeat the purpose of vanilla survival
People dont let me be in peaceful so let me make one If you prove yourself to be trustworthy, I'll let you to join VZN
I think there should be a creative world. More worlds = More money to run server

Han, Deadshot While I agree with most of what you said the purpose of this thread is to give players an opportunity to say what they want. Anything that can't be done for a good reason obviously want, but the idea is to move forward and consider all ideas put forward.

Also to add, the ranks in Survival won't be putting players at advantages over each other. They will be purely for show, With kits being universal throughout them.

raperv26

Quote from: Kaise123 on June 19, 2013, 08:00:25 PM
Quote from: HanSolo on June 18, 2013, 10:12:11 PM

I want Dynmap to be back ;/ - I don't want it back, because it was abused in survival world
I want there to be more peaceful factions. More Peaceful facs would defeat the purpose of vanilla survival
People dont let me be in peaceful so let me make one If you prove yourself to be trustworthy, I'll let you to join VZN
I think there should be a creative world. More worlds = More money to run server

Han, Deadshot While I agree with most of what you said the purpose of this thread is to give players an opportunity to say what they want. Anything that can't be done for a good reason obviously want, but the idea is to move forward and consider all ideas put forward.

Also to add, the ranks in Survival won't be putting players at advantages over each other. They will be purely for show, With kits being universal throughout them.

So now People  will have to apply for the Survival Ranks/ kits or we can buy them with money or something?

Kaise123

Just realised that I can't actually add ranks in Survival... I'll try to add custom prefixes that are given after you get a certain number of player kills though. As it's all one server, If I added custom ranks to Survival all hell would break loose as there is no way to contain them to just Survival, And something would have to check and change your rank every time you changed world. Such a plugin does not exist.

raperv26

LeonDaMundt

Thanks for the feedback Kaise! I'm happy you liked my suggestions, if you wish, I can post more of them.

Kempis

Quote from: Kaise123 on June 19, 2013, 08:20:48 PM
Just realised that I can't actually add ranks in Survival... I'll try to add custom prefixes that are given after you get a certain number of player kills though. As it's all one server, If I added custom ranks to Survival all hell would break loose as there is no way to contain them to just Survival, And something would have to check and change your rank every time you changed world. Such a plugin does not exist.
I know this isn't really my decision, however I completely hate the idea of ranks or even prefixes in survival.
A bit more peaceful factions? Cool.
But having prefixes or ranks in survival is just plain weird because for 1, it kind Of defeats the purpose of survival as tons has said before. Could you please maybe reconsider? Thanks

scottymac223

Im always in the survival world, so i would like to see;

Prefixes, based on kills or time spent in the survival world.
Peaceful faction status given to more people.

That is all :3

LeonDaMundt

Quote from: Kaise123 on June 19, 2013, 07:54:18 PM

Facebook Page: The idea of the Facebook page is to convey important information about the server and receive questions/feedback from people... What exactly would be posted on it? As of now any staff member may become an Admin on it.

It's for like discussing builds as an admin can do much more, like one of my friend's servers, of another game, have very good admins and they're not staff (most of them) there, they discuss really nice things such as:

ScreenShots

Builds

Voting Sections

It also works as a help and support column, and that server has an avg player base of 50 but the likes are more than 2,000

PS: I'm making new suggestions right now will post them in 20 minutes.

Kaise123

Quote from: LeonMundt (Gunner) on June 19, 2013, 11:41:41 PM
Quote from: Kaise123 on June 19, 2013, 07:54:18 PM

It's for like discussing builds as an admin can do much more, like one of my friend's servers, of another game, have very good admins and they're not staff (most of them) there, they discuss really nice things such as:

ScreenShots

Builds

Voting Sections

It also works as a help and support column, and that server has an avg player base of 50 but the likes are more than 2,000

PS: I'm making new suggestions right now will post them in 20 minutes.

Alright, I suppose that's not too bad. If anyone wants to contact me regarding becoming a content creator for the Facebook page please do so.

Exi

I would like to see some more interaction with the players, by admin hosted building competitions for example.

HanSolo

Quote from: Exi on June 23, 2013, 12:34:46 AM
I would like to see some more interaction with the players, by admin hosted building competitions for example.
Yeah I support this idea, I even tried to host one, prizes were very big and great (1,000,000$, God Armour and tools...), but no one entered
http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php/topic,1507.msg8016.html#msg8016

Signature by: TriickyzTrix

Kaise123

I tried having a YouTube video comp with VIP giveaways, But nobody entered that either... Gorden and Zlexy are more then welcome to host competitions, however I can't join the server so that makes it a little difficult for me