News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Survival anti pvp logging issue

Started by Z.Henderson.1906, September 16, 2013, 08:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Z.Henderson.1906

Someone changed settings within the survival server to deter pvp-logging. This change, however, seems to affect anyone who signs out in the survival world due to automatic pvp tagging. Along with killing the player, it deletes their inventory. Because of this, after signing out normally in survival without knowing of the change, I returned to an automatic death with most of my survival items being removed from my inventory. Moments after, while attempting to return to my faction home, the server reset which resulted in a repeat of the previous events. :( Could this please be addressed soon, as the server resets often lack notification and could potentially result in the deaths of anyone in survival, regardless of any pvp events.
With a sudden plunge and a swell,
ten fathoms deep on the road to hell.
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Zlexy

I was trialing the PVP log system, and well it appears that's bugged slightly too and I apologize for not realizing it was broken in the first place. I'll revert it back to it's original state, as for the refund: I'll let a staff member handle that. Their call.
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."

Z.Henderson.1906

Thank you. I seem to have regained the portion of my inventory that I needed, as well. ^_^
With a sudden plunge and a swell,
ten fathoms deep on the road to hell.
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Zlexy

The setting has now been removed from the server, and you will no longer die from this.

Note to Kai and myself: Never turn the 'killOnLog' setting to 'true' in /CombatControl/config.yml :(
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."

Kaise123

Quote from: Zlexy on September 16, 2013, 08:31:26 AM
The setting has now been removed from the server, and you will no longer die from this.

Note to Kai and myself: Never turn the 'killOnLog' setting to 'true' in /CombatControl/config.yml :(

Did you switch it on? I added a seperate plugin to control PvP logs which doesn't yet seem to work as intended (I think that the NPC is invulnerable due to it having PvP set to off or something). I've never turned 'KillOnLog' on.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

Zlexy

Yeah I did, I never noticed you added another. My bad. It's fixed now, I think