News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

The 3 Cities

Started by Zlexy, May 06, 2013, 10:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zlexy

Hey all.

As you may have seen/heard, there is an increase in the world sizes for both worlds and with that, there are going to be THREE main/capital cities in the Main world for you to buy a plot in and live in, and each city as its own unique design to suit every persons' needs. The staff are working hard to bring out these cities and they should be all ready for completion within the next month or so however no official time as been written down.

I'm sure there will be a city suited for everyone!

The three cities are;

East Coast /// Modern-themed /// Main builder; xXxDE4DShotxXx

- This city is going to be more modernized, like Tokyo, New York or any city of that nature. It will feature bright lights, brilliant tall buildings and nice flat land to build on and also nice scenery such as beaches.

Coalfields // Industrialization-era (early 1900s) /// Main builder; Hijana

- This city will bring back the older style London where it was narrow streets, cobbled and stone brick, factories mixed in with housing and large grand houses. Plots will be allocated near the city spawn so you can build within the city centre.

'The Exi plan' // To be announced /// Main builder; Exigopro

- This city will remain mysterious and no details will be posted about it until it is nearly completed.

Stay tuned for more updates on the cities as they progress :)
"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom, good time to take... inventory."

Kaise123

Thanks Zlexy. I've got some more information on the cities (More so on their operation and plots then their construction).

Later on today I am going to make a large (Probably glass) sphere around the current spawn, Completely enclosing it. I am then going to create a portal hub inside of it (Portals will be like nether portals, but without the purple goo. You just walk through them to teleport). The hub will lead to each of the capital cities apart from Exi's, Which will remain hidden until it's release. It will also have portals to each of the other worlds on the server, and a bit of information about what is at each warp.

What I hope to achieve is that when players join, they will go to one of the 3 capital cities and see how they like it. This way people are more distributed across the server and don't just work outwards from one location. It will also mean that players can choose an area they like to start in, As their will be information about the style and biome of the city they are teleporting to.

(For Staff) All protections for the Capital Cities should be very large, so they can easily support the expansion of the city in the correct style without 'random junk' being in the way anywhere. Make them considerably larger then the center of the city, Around 200x200 or larger if you want.

(For players):  In order to build in the cities when they are completed, you will need to apply. There will probably be a topic for each city, and you can supply some build images and why you chose that city to build in in order to build there.

There will not be specific 'plots' as such, as linear plots in square/rectangle shapes are boring and tend to look bad after a while. Instead, you will be able to add to the existing city but be required to leave existing structures (They will be protected), and stick roughly to the cities theme. And builds that are deemed too ugly or that don't fit the 'lore' of the city will be moved with WorldEdit.

The idea is that players can help to build out the cities with their existing themes, with others who can build well also. Hopefully this will achieve an area for good builders to be, where everything will line up and fit together nicely without bits and pieces everywhere to make it look bad.

Applications will be opened as each city center is deemed finished. If you want to aid in the construction of Cities as of now, You may speak with an Administrator about it but don't expect to be allowed in unless you have some pretty impressive builds.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

DEADShotMartini

I'm going to reignite this topic with a little sneak peak at what East Coast has to offer.

After about a week of on-off building, East Coasts main business district has somewhat evolved into illuminated streets, foliage and some very nice skyscrapers.

Here is a screenshot:

http://puu.sh/2S2oZ.jpg
http://puu.sh/2S3om.jpg
:D
Credit to HanSolo for building some of the skyscrapers.

Kaise123

Quote(For players):  In order to build in the cities when they are completed, you will need to apply. There will probably be a topic for each city, and you can supply some build images and why you chose that city to build in in order to build there.

There will not be specific 'plots' as such, as linear plots in square/rectangle shapes are boring and tend to look bad after a while. Instead, you will be able to add to the existing city but be required to leave existing structures (They will be protected), and stick roughly to the cities theme. And builds that are deemed too ugly or that don't fit the 'lore' of the city will be moved with WorldEdit.

The idea is that players can help to build out the cities with their existing themes, with others who can build well also. Hopefully this will achieve an area for good builders to be, where everything will line up and fit together nicely without bits and pieces everywhere to make it look bad.

Applications will be opened as each city center is deemed finished. If you want to aid in the construction of Cities as of now, You may speak with an Administrator about it but don't expect to be allowed in unless you have some pretty impressive builds.

Updated the second post :)
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire