News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Um......What?

Started by raperv26, June 14, 2013, 11:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raperv26

Spiders?

LeonDaMundt

Was about to post a topic about that, maybe preparations for halloween or the next april fools.

raperv26

Its not even close to Halloween and April fools is already over...

Hij

The "Spider" you see online, to my knowledge, is a person who "crawls" around the forum to index things to their search. The spider on our forums is Google. For example, if you were to search up "Leon Mundt" in the Google search bar, one of the redirects would be put to this forum to make it a more popular search result. He's of no harm to our forums, he's just rummaging around looking at threads and such ;)

raperv26

xdinox

Quote from: Vristavia on June 15, 2013, 12:23:10 AM
The "Spider" you see online, to my knowledge, is a person who "crawls" around the forum to index things to their search. The spider on our forums is Google. For example, if you were to search up "Leon Mundt" in the Google search bar, one of the redirects would be put to this forum to make it a more popular search result. He's of no harm to our forums, he's just rummaging around looking at threads and such ;)
so every redirect to the forums is a spider?
Madness? This is MINECRAFT!!!

Hij

Quote from: xdinox on June 15, 2013, 12:39:22 AM
Quote from: Vristavia on June 15, 2013, 12:23:10 AM
so every redirect to the forums is a spider?

Not what I meant. The spider isn't the redirect in itself, but it puts a keyword found on the forum into their search index (example; Hijana). Depending on how popular our forums are, the more the indexes get pushed up near the top of the search query. I'm assuming since the download for Kai's client has almost reached 400k (or has reached) views, that triggered the spider.

Kaise123

Exactly what Vristavia already said. It's nothing to be worried about
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

Kempis

Ok, I still don't get it..
Can someone explain to me what those "Spiders" are?
Hijana said one of those may be google, then whats the other one?

Hij

Quote from: Ranemist on June 17, 2013, 12:21:08 PM
Okay, I can't really explain them much more than I already have...They are "bots" from the search engines that index things on the forums, can't really get much simpler than that, unless you can elaborate what you don't understand.

The others could be Baidu, Yahoo!, Bing, etc. Any search engine can index our forum.

Kempis

Quote from: Vristavia on June 17, 2013, 12:27:32 PM
Okay, I can't really explain them much more than I already have...They are "bots" from the search engines that index things on the forums, can't really get much simpler than that, unless you can elaborate what you don't understand.

The others could be Baidu, Yahoo!, Bing, etc. Any search engine can index our forum.
Riight..
So the "Spiders' are just basically Bots.
So those aren't like the spambots that login to servers and spam, right?
Their just bots that check out the forums every now and then.

Hij

Quote from: Ranemist on June 17, 2013, 12:45:09 PM

Riight..

That's the main jist of it. They do no harm, all they do is scan the forums to put keywords into their index ;)

Kempis

Quote from: Vristavia on June 17, 2013, 01:12:15 PM
Quote from: Ranemist on June 17, 2013, 12:45:09 PM

Riight..

That's the main jist of it. They do no harm, all they do is scan the forums to put keywords into their index ;)
ah.
So that's what's kaise was talking about when he said we've got an advertising biz going on, right?
So these search engines grab a few points from our forums and they advertise it to people?