News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Engineer Rank Application v2

Started by Deathseeker5-V2, July 22, 2013, 01:46:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deathseeker5-V2

IGN : Deathseeker5                                                    Age : 14
I would like to be a Engineer Ranked player because I love to use redstone to make contraptions that will help/benefit me and other players with minecraft everyday. Being a Builder Ranked player makes it hard to build redstone contraptions due to not being able to spawn redstone and other necessary items. It can sometimes take a long time to build and expensive (Not very much). Becoming an Engineer Ranked player will allow me to spawn the necessary items needed and will lead to me finishing projects quicker. I would also love to help other people with redstone when and if asked. I would love to help them because sometimes I stay away from redstone to go to PVP and end up rusty. Helping people with redstone/making more contraptions faster will allow me to practice redstone at a faster rate making me learn more with others and making me sharper with redstone.

Since I just got back from PVP (Supercraft Bros) I was not able to build as much redstone contraptions on the new map.
1st 3 Screenshots are currently on new map. Last screenshot is the plot I built my contraptions in (In AOCreation's City on old map. Coords X=2251 Y=71 Z=2563)

crnobijeli13

You haven't really explained what your contraptions do...
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Deathseeker5-V2

Due to the new map and lack of redstone, I was only able to build a few contraptions on the new map.
The 1st screenshot if just a fireplace followed by the second screenshot showing it folded away to a new area. (Chest no longer there, it goes to a villager prison and druggy lab now xD)
The 3rd screenshot is my skeleton xp spawner which is to have a warp soon (RanchXP) and the contraptions that it has allows:
1. The spawner to be lit up to stop spawning
2. To weaken the skeletons inside to a 1 hit K.O (Most to the time)
The last screenshot is a plot of some of the contraptions I know of. Some of them are explained a little bit in my last Engineer Rank Application. (It got locked due to me not reply FYI :P)

Uber_duck

Iv'e been there a couple of times and its a very well built contraption.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
― Bernard M. Baruch

baroompsycho

Hey Deathseeker! For your Engineer application, I would generally add in much more information, a good solid block of info, and more pictures of complex builds. :)

-Application Pending-

ckkoolman

I think your info is lacking and I think you need a few more complex contraptions. if you were to do that you would have my support but as of now you dont have support from me.

No support

Deathseeker5-V2

Due to lack of space in my current contraptions and the theme of my home place ( xD ) I thought I could build some of the stuff I knew on a NEW Single Player World. I only built 2 contraptions from the last Kaisecraft Map to try explain how it works along with the other contraptions I know of. (Not all of them)

1. The 1st screenshot is of a 2x2 Hidden Door. When constant redstone power is being put into the block the lever is on, the redstone in between the gap will activate causing the redstone torches to turn off. The redstone above will turn off 1 Tick after causing the pistons in the middle to retract then have the side pistons retract 1 tick after that. (2 Ticks after torch goes off)

2. The 2nd screenshot is of a Redstone Key. (Sandstone is the wall in this case) When placing a redstone DUST in the corner, it will turn on (Lever is on...) powering the block. The repeater will then take that power and go on to the wooden plank. In that process, the redstone dust also gives power to the sticky piston, giving the repeater 1 tick worth of power to the plank. The output is the redstone going out...

3. The 3rd screenshot is of a 2x2 Hidden Floor Door thing. Giving constant power to the redstone on the woodenplanks, it will then give power to the whole circuit just with some minor delays. The side pistons get a 4 Tick Delay giving enough time to the repeaters to power up the block making the middle pistons (when pushed in) extend. Turning the redstone off will let the middle pistons retract 1st then making the side pistons retract with the pistons.

4. The 4th screenshot is kind of hard to explain (Especially in the angle.) Giving power (With a button) to a block on the other side ( O-O ) will give power to the repeaters (The ones you can barely see) giving the redstone line power to power up the normal piston upside down. A redstone torch on the other side (...)  turns off (As u give power) turns off the piston. The repeaters then get power again and gets power through the block giving a sticky piston on the otherside to extend-retract-exdend-retract.

5. This is the redstone for my fireplace in my house. ( If you wish to see it, TP to me to see how it works. The condition is - DO NOT KILL MY VILLAGER SLAVES xD) Giving constant power to the redstone on top (On the planks) turns on the redstone underneath the blocks turning on the pistons to push more pistons that have the netherrack. At the same time of giving power, it gives to the pistons underneath the 'Starter planks' pushing the 'block of your choice' to cover the entrance. Same with the pistons holding the staircases. A tick later the dispensers will light up the netherracks (If it has Flint and steel in them) like nothing ever happened.

6. The 6th screenshot is of a Hidden wall staircase. I'm pretty sure I don't need to explain how this one works. The stairs acting like walls, bend the stairs that get extended and retracted making it look like a normal wall when hidden.

There was a 7th one, but there was not enough room. Sorry if this was long.

Yellow

You cant apply with Single Player Builds and you need more complex redstone builds, Sorry but no Support until you build more complex redstone builds. :)

Akahitoha (AiriSchwartz)

Nothing was said about single player builds. But i find the latest few somewhat lacking in complexity.

Any support from me? Neutral.

:3 I'll support once I see some nice redstone complexity. It doesn't take too much for me as redstone builds always fill me with awe :3

baroompsycho

Quote from: Miyu (AiriSchwartz) on July 24, 2013, 04:30:55 PM
Nothing was said about single player builds. But i find the latest few somewhat lacking in complexity.

Any support from me? Neutral.

:3 I'll support once I see some nice redstone complexity. It doesn't take too much for me as redstone builds always fill me with awe :3

Hm, I don't think players can actually apply for Engineer/any rank with Singleplayer builds unfortunately. :/ However, your redstone builds are lacking some complexity, and it would be nice to see a lot more information in your beginning paragraph about why you want to become an Engineer/why you think you deserve this rank. :)

Deathseeker5-V2

As said in the VERY 1ST paragraph of my application, I would love to help and co-operate (?) with other players to 1. Not be so rusty. 2. Be able to help with something via Redstone and of course building. 3. So others can learn from me (And others of course) and so that I can learn a bit more depending on the project ( In different styles and to keep the redstone clean and compact like my contraptions that were shown. ) It would also be nice to spawn the equipment required instead of buying it or finding it ( *Sounds cheap xD ).
I would also help with warps, but I am not to sure if I am allowed to set for others :?.

~Deathseeker5

baroompsycho

Are there any redstone builds that you made in the server? I don't think Singleplayer builds are allowed to be used in applications. :/

Deathseeker5-V2

At the moment, I cannot build let alone go on the server because my laptop is being fixed and will be taken afterwards for a few days so I can't really build them at the moment. I am not sure what you have to do to my app due to my absence.
Since I will be gone for a while could a mod add AndytheReapper to my MAIN protection because I think he wasn't added and he might be annoyed he couldn't get in his home.
I will be back and I will continue the application when I get back if possible.
P.S - I am on my iPod in case you were wondering.
~Deathseeker5

$-Superbotar-$

Superbotar

baroompsycho

Locked.

For your next Engineer application, add in redstone builds that were actually built in the server. :) Thanks!