News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

Scammer report: darkspawn (NOW WITH TESTIMONIES + SCREENS)

Started by lordfrosteye, December 04, 2012, 03:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordfrosteye

~Screenshots added~

A guy by the name of darkspawn asked me if I had any iron blocks or stone. I said no because I needed them to build. Then he asked me to teleport to him to "Check if the protection works". I, as a good player say, sure, why not and send request. Turns out the guy was in the nether and made people fall to death so he could loot them, even though my PvP was off.

I have lost a lot of stuff, including a diamond pickaxe and diamond chestplate, as well as a few stacks of logs, stone blocks and stone bricks.

The following happened at around 7:50 GMT -08:00 on the day this was first posted.

~UPDATE~

A player by the name of J160 has been scammed by Darkspawn too. Multiple recordings of "Falling to Death" and "Swimming in Lava" further reinforce my belief that Darkspawn is a scammer who asks people to tp to him under a false pretence.

In addition, another player by the name of Osama was attepmpted to be griefed by this player. The screenshots contain details.

Finally, Darkspawn tried to TP me to him. Again.

[spoiler=Screenshots In here]

[/spoiler]

I hope that this evidence will prove to be useful in banning this scumbag scammer.

On a different note, a player by the name of creeperslayer also tried a similar tactic.

lordfrosteye

Bumping it, it is an urgent issue. I am sorry if bumping is not allowed, but this scamming spree going on the server is outrageous.

Kaise123

Since the evidence against darkspawn is conclusive, I have banned him(/her) for 7 days. However, Since it is quite possible they they and or others will do this on other accounts, It is easier to just make sure you NEVER accept TP requests from 'randoms' you don't know, And if someone asks to check a protection or something similar, that you turn on flying before accepting. Thanks for reporting this, and if you can get screenshot evidence on anybody else, please report them also.

Spread the word not to accept/turn on fly before accepting. Thanks.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

SHARKBAIT123

Speaking of the "turning fly on before teleporting", I think that Everytime you travel to a new world, fly turns off. And Everytime you leave the server.

Cristinasama

Every time you accept a tp request (from players you don't know) turn on your flying and no,
When you travel to a different world through tp you flying mode is still activated by one block up.

Kaise123

Quote from: SHARKBAIT on December 07, 2012, 12:18:57 AM
Speaking of the "turning fly on before teleporting", I think that Everytime you travel to a new world, fly turns off. And Everytime you leave the server.

With the mod or with the /fly command? I find that it stays on unless I close the whole client.
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire