News:

Forums are back up, but many custom plugins and theming has been lost. If I get the time, I'll try and fix it back up - Kaise123

Other:KCv2 Files are still available for download here -> http://forums.kaise123.com/index.php?topic=4977.0

Main Menu

removal of the map mod...

Started by anrew1334, August 04, 2013, 07:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deimos

After having spoken to some fellow survival players, I'd like to post my comment on this topic as well. The dynamic map is a very useful tool to use when one wants to roam around the map to explore, or to find certain types of biomes, locate the spawn or find one's own base. Though the purpose of survival is to survive by building a base, collecting resources and hide from other hostile players. If you're hidden well, you should end up fine and the game is very enjoyable.

However, the dynamic map constantly reveals player positions. How well you are hidden, how well your base is built, you are constantly revealed which I think is not the way survival is meant to be played. Especially big factions, that have lots of members, are easily able to pick on small factions or even players who play alone, thus ruining the game for them.

The first 2 minutes I played survival, I was immediately tracked down by Mod Leonmundt and killed, even though I was hidden underground. He would've never found me if he didn't have used the dynamic map. Only recently, I saw Leonmundt blow up an entire base belonging to players who recently started their own faction and started collecting resources. Again, this wouldn't have happened without the players being revealed.

I know it's not against the rules to fight people, to the contrary, but it just takes away all the fun for players that play alone or players that belong to young/weak factions. I'm sure the survival world would have more people playing on it, once the player tags are removed. If you get killed, too bad, someone found you accidentally or tracked you down, at least you weren't found because you were revealed on a map.

I hope I get some support on the arguments I made. Feel free to respond!

Deimos

LeonDaMundt

Quote from: Deimos on August 15, 2013, 10:41:20 PM
After having spoken to some fellow survival players, I'd like to post my comment on this topic as well. The dynamic map is a very useful tool to use when one wants to roam around the map to explore, or to find certain types of biomes, locate the spawn or find one's own base. Though the purpose of survival is to survive by building a base, collecting resources and hide from other hostile players. If you're hidden well, you should end up fine and the game is very enjoyable.

However, the dynamic map constantly reveals player positions. How well you are hidden, how well your base is built, you are constantly revealed which I think is not the way survival is meant to be played. Especially big factions, that have lots of members, are easily able to pick on small factions or even players who play alone, thus ruining the game for them.

The first 2 minutes I played survival, I was immediately tracked down by Mod Leonmundt and killed, even though I was hidden underground. He would've never found me if he didn't have used the dynamic map. Only recently, I saw Leonmundt blow up an entire base belonging to players who recently started their own faction and started collecting resources. Again, this wouldn't have happened without the players being revealed.

I know it's not against the rules to fight people, to the contrary, but it just takes away all the fun for players that play alone or players that belong to young/weak factions. I'm sure the survival world would have more people playing on it, once the player tags are removed. If you get killed, too bad, someone found you accidentally or tracked you down, at least you weren't found because you were revealed on a map.

Deimos

Yes, I actually do support you, although I'm one of the people who kill alot of members, it's not really fun for them to keep dieing, so the best way to do is, is if the player is in his claimed territory, and when he enters it, he is visible for 10-20 seconds, after that, he is vanished. If one stays idle in any territory for more than 20 seconds, he becomes invisible, if one is underground, as in 20 blocks below the average world, he is vanished on dynmap after 1 minute.

That's my idea, and hope others support on this

TheAmazingBobert

maybe if just the survival world section is removed, because that helps me see who is and who isn't in the survival world if i'm going to Tp back and forth between people to see whats going on
"Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick, it will take you far" -Teddy Roosevelt
"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - John F. Kennedy

scottymac223

Support, this only causes trouble and should be removed.

Kaise123

Quote from: LeonDaMundt on August 15, 2013, 10:45:40 PM
Quote from: Deimos on August 15, 2013, 10:41:20 PM

Deimos

Yes, I actually do support you, although I'm one of the people who kill alot of members, it's not really fun for them to keep dieing, so the best way to do is, is if the player is in his claimed territory, and when he enters it, he is visible for 10-20 seconds, after that, he is vanished. If one stays idle in any territory for more than 20 seconds, he becomes invisible, if one is underground, as in 20 blocks below the average world, he is vanished on dynmap after 1 minute.

That's my idea, and hope others support on this

This is impossible, I'll just remove player tags altogether, Along with the cave map view as that could be used to see bases underground.

Quote from: TheAmazingBobert on August 16, 2013, 01:22:53 AM
maybe if just the survival world section is removed, because that helps me see who is and who isn't in the survival world if i'm going to Tp back and forth between people to see whats going on

Not sure what you mean by this... You shouldn't be able to TP into the survival world, Even from the main world. Are you able to? And with which command?
E-Mail: kaise123@gmail.com
Like KCv2 on Facebook: www.kaise123.com/facebook
Please VOTE for KCv2 here: http://www.kaise123.com/vote

MC Client: www.kaise123.com/mcclient

Web hosting kindly provided by Darkfire

anrew1334

thanks kasie ^~^ im glad this finally broughtg around change